Survivalists, Prepare for the Memory Hole Before it is Too L

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 3:10 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 4:24 am » by Middleman

Being a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean you have to live in a simplistic world, where the answer to why any random thing happens is "the government".

The overall point this man makes about the stability and safety of hard copy is well made, and I particularly like his advice about acquiring cheap encyclopedias, but so much of his reasoning is demonstrably untrue, or simplistic explanations for complex phenomena.

The 2 most popular online dictionaries define inflation the way he does, as an increase in the money supply.

However, living language changes through use, and the reason for the new, more popular definition of inflation (with no mention of money supply), is that the Fed has been printing it like it's going out of fashion for nearly 2 decades, and Ron Paul and his mates have been warning about hyper inflation for that same period, but it simply hasn't happened.

No doubt it's lead to bubbles which have caused enormous economic destruction, but we haven't seen inflation, despite the money supply being increased in a sustained and unprecedented way.

I am a (half arsed) prepper, and a conspiracy theorist. That doesn't mean I have to see blue helmets hiding under every rock.

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 am » by The57ironman

....heh heh......''inflation'' always meant tire pressure to me... :banana:

great food for thought....hardcopies are a great thing

thanks harb, i like that guy too

:cheers:
...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 pm » by mediasorcery

Middleman wrote:Being a conspiracy theorist doesn't mean you have to live in a simplistic world, where the answer to why any random thing happens is "the government".

The overall point this man makes about the stability and safety of hard copy is well made, and I particularly like his advice about acquiring cheap encyclopedias, but so much of his reasoning is demonstrably untrue, or simplistic explanations for complex phenomena.

The 2 most popular online dictionaries define inflation the way he does, as an increase in the money supply.

However, living language changes through use, and the reason for the new, more popular definition of inflation (with no mention of money supply), is that the Fed has been printing it like it's going out of fashion for nearly 2 decades, and Ron Paul and his mates have been warning about hyper inflation for that same period, but it simply hasn't happened.

No doubt it's lead to bubbles which have caused enormous economic destruction, but we haven't seen inflation, despite the money supply being increased in a sustained and unprecedented way.

I am a (half arsed) prepper, and a conspiracy theorist. That doesn't mean I have to see blue helmets hiding under every rock.

well said mate, :flop: :pray: i can see a some deception going on at times but i dont consider myself "against' government or the establisment in particular if at all, just dont like premeditated liars at any level for any reason, whoever they happen to be, gov/political or not,

i dont think a lot of people who are in gov quite understand the ramifications of there own actions and just follow orders that they dont fully grasp the why of in many instances. and if they do, then theyre sick mentally.:flop:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am » by 99socks

I'm almost sick.

I used to collect old reference books.. always find them laying around, being given away by libraries, or thrown out in the trash. Inevitably, I get so many that they either hog up my living space, or else there are too many to pack up and take with me each time I move. A few years ago, I sold a ton of books like that, and donated the rest.

Just this past weekend, I saw a neighbor had an half an old Enclyclopaedia Britannica set in the trash... I almost rescued it, but left it there figuring I'd just have to ditch it some time in the future anyways because I just don't want it accumulating around me. :cry:

I do have a 70 year old dictionary and a 30 year old atlas I keep... It's so bizarre looking at two Germany's, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia on a map...