Suspended for saying 'I respect Fidel Castro'???

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:22 am » by Rydher

It would be like if you owned a business in a community that was full of old soviet block communists who also happened to be the majority of your customer base. And your manager of your business made comments that they found highly offensive. You would fire his ass, as you should. Getting away from the point of what he said. It shows lack of common sense and good business sense.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 am » by Icarus1

why do i get the feeling if i said coal was black youd say it was white man , your smart enough to realize theres a bigger picture here so dont be so fucking smarmy , this stinks

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am » by Rydher

If it was black, I'd tell you it was black. There is no bigger picture here. You don't piss off your customer base then expect your employer to be cool with it. It's that simple.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 am » by Icarus1

rydher wrote:If it was black, I'd tell you it was black. There is no bigger picture here. You don't piss off your customer base then expect your employer to be cool with it. It's that simple.

so your saying money overrides free thought and actions then ? have we fallen so far?

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:32 am » by Cia212

icarus1 wrote:wheres the freedom , the ability to voice ones thoughts ? if the fans have any balls at all they should boycott the stadium until hes reinstated,

The fans are the ones who wanted him gone...and the Marlins caved to the pressure. I can see their point, a barely successful (financially) team can't afford to piss off their fans.

@rydher - You’ve got some serious patience.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 2:42 am » by Icarus1

cia212 wrote:
icarus1 wrote:wheres the freedom , the ability to voice ones thoughts ? if the fans have any balls at all they should boycott the stadium until hes reinstated,

The fans are the ones who wanted him gone...and the Marlins caved to the pressure. I can see their point, a barely successful (financially) team can't afford to piss off their fans.

fans chant at every match every week over here for managers to be sacked but it dont happen , it would be funny if they lost there next 5 games id laugh my fucking head off, ut can you tell me what percentage of fans wanted him gone ? is it 50? 500? 5000 ? i dont see many protesters in the pics

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 am » by Cia212

icarus1 wrote:
cia212 wrote:

fans chant at every match every week over here for managers to be sacked but it dont happen , it would be funny if they lost there next 5 games id laugh my fucking head off, ut can you tell me what percentage of fans wanted him gone ? is it 50? 500? 5000 ? i dont see many protesters in the pics

I don't know the percentage, but it was enough. Sports teams always walk a fine line, balancing the opinions of owners, players, fans, the league, etc - all to increase team awareness and sales. A suspension is doing exactly what is needed, getting the team some national exposure at the start of the season...who knows, Ozzie might have even suggested the suspension for that reason.

With sports teams, even owners can get banned – just look at Marge Schott. She said some pretty crazy things about Nazis and Hitler (which is her right, no question) and the league banned her from her own team. The players and Red’s fans were supporting her, but it still happened. Sometimes things are done to manage public perception unrelated to the local fans – such are league by-laws. And everyone knows this before taking the job. Sometimes, in the moment, people say something crazy…and they pay for it. They are free to say it, and everyone else is free to respond.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 am » by Icarus1

With sports teams, even owners can get banned – just look at Marge Schott. She said some pretty crazy things about Nazis and Hitler (which is her right, no question) and the league banned her from her own team. The players and Red’s fans were supporting her, but it still happened. Sometimes things are done to manage public perception unrelated to the local fans – such are league by-laws. And everyone knows this before taking the job. Sometimes, in the moment, people say something crazy…and they pay for it. They are free to say it, and everyone else is free to respond.[/quote]

thanx for your honest answer , i didnt think of in the terms of the exposure to the club and respect for not resorting to calling me a dumb ass , maybe your correct in your summary but i still think its a kneejerk reaction , and the man could have been given a chance for atonement without such draconian measures. i not from there so i dont know the politics on the streets but i just feel theres a danger of once you start going down that road it leads to bigger darker things further down the road . thanx anyway man :cheers:

Writer

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 am » by Sigmachi

I think we're already on that road, Icarus - thanks to the fucked up leaders of the NWO directives .
Fallaces sunt rerum species.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 am » by Poe2you

icarus1 wrote:
rydher wrote:If it was black, I'd tell you it was black. There is no bigger picture here. You don't piss off your customer base then expect your employer to be cool with it. It's that simple.

so your saying money overrides free thought and actions then ? have we fallen so far?

I agree with rydher here. And yes, corporation supplanting your rights. They are not limited to restricting your rights for profit. You voluntarily sign on to a company, and it charter and management system, codes of conduct and you surrender to become their property - including what you say as their public face. Ozzie certainly didnt do a very good job in his Castro lovin - and he paid for his thoughts, literally.
*Think*

Previous