Suspended for saying 'I respect Fidel Castro'???

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:03 pm » by domdabears

This is Ozzie Guillen, manager of the Miami Marlins. Former Chicago White Sox manager.

"I respect Fidel Castro," Guillen said in the article. "You know why? A lot of people have wanted to kill Fidel Castro for the last 60 years, but that [expletive] is still here."

What a bunch of bullshit. I can't believe he's being punished for something so stupid.

:top:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm » by E6722maj

modern freedom of speech = you're free to say whatever we allow you to :badair:

whatever

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 pm » by Icarus1

wheres the freedom , the ability to voice ones thoughts ? if the fans have any balls at all they should boycott the stadium until hes reinstated, they wont be long bringing him back once the dollars stop flowing through their tills. that fat fuck with the naff shirt and the billboard would be the first to squeal like a pig if he was denied the right to his protest , yet he would deny ozzie the right to work , think or speak his mind . if that happened at my local club we would burn the stadium down.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:20 pm » by domdabears

I understand why it's a bigger deal than other cities because it's in Miami (which should be called "Little Cuba") but it sure is bullshit for someone being punished for having their own opinion. What he said wasn't even that bad. WTF is going on lately?

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:28 pm » by Icarus1

its obviously political , its a shameful act that should be treated with the contempt it so rightfully deserves.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:31 pm » by Cornbread714

The Cubans in Florida are used to getting their way. There are enough of them that they carry a lot of political weight in both state and national elections.

If they don't like what you say, you're fucked. If you have even an ounce of sympathy for Castro, you're on their shit list.

They can sway presidential elections, and every politician is afraid of them. That's why they get huge sugar subsidies and why the price of sugar is artificially inflated. The sugar barons get richer and richer, using imported cheap labor that borders on slavery.

To me, Castro is not so bad compared to them...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm » by Mydogma

:cheers:
icarus1 wrote:wheres the freedom , the ability to voice ones thoughts ? if the fans have any balls at all they should boycott the stadium until hes reinstated, they wont be long bringing him back once the dollars stop flowing through their tills. that fat fuck with the naff shirt and the billboard would be the first to squeal like a pig if he was denied the right to his protest , yet he would deny ozzie the right to work , think or speak his mind . if that happened at my local club we would burn the stadium down.

:cheers:
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm » by Perronick

The Cuban disidence in Miami is a miserable bunch. They are responsible for the ethernal blockade on Cuba and the Cuban people. They'd rather see their brothers starve than allow the tiniest improvement for the Island. Hate is their language and their modus vivendi. They are direct responsibles too for much misery and death.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm » by Poe2you

e6722maj wrote:modern freedom of speech = you're free to say whatever we allow you to :badair:

:flop: :flop: I am allowed to tell you 100% accurate!
*Think*

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 am » by Will69ease

What a crock, just another reason for me to not like the Marlins.

Next