Syria: Cameron forced to drop timetable for strikes by Milib

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 pm » by Malogg


Image

Syria: Cameron forced to drop timetable for strikes by Miliband

Ed Miliband forced David Cameron to abandon his timetable for military action against Syria tonight after threatening to vote against the plan in the Commons, Labour sources said.

Image
Prime Minister, David Cameron arrives at 10 Downing Street in central London Photo: EPA

Mr Cameron recalled Parliament tomorrow with the intention of giving MPs a vote on military action in response to last week's suspected deadly gas attack by the Assad regime.
However, in a phone call at 5.15pm tonight, Mr Miliband told the Prime Minister that Labour could not support British involvement in international missile strikes without more compelling evidence and a clear legal basis to act.
The Opposition leader said he could not allow his MPs to support a government motion which would have paved the way for an expected two-day bombardment of cruise missiles beginning this weekend.
Instead, the United Nations weapons inspectors must be allowed to complete their work analysing evidence from the scene of the suspected chemical attack, and present their findings to the UN Security Council for a vote, Labour said.
Mr Miliband said the Prime Minister must return to the Commons next week to make his case again and allow MPs a second, final vote authorising force.
Related Articles
A day for clarity from the Prime Minister 28 Aug 2013
The rush to judgment on Syria is a catastrophic and deadly error 28 Aug 2013
Miliband calls on PM to publish legal advice on Syria intervention 28 Aug 2013
Syria: dictators who gas their people must feel the consequences. That is the basis of our security. 28 Aug 2013
However, Mr Cameron “totally ruled out” a second vote during the phone call with Mr Miliband this evening, Labour said.
Mr Miliband's aides then announced that he would be ready to order his MPs to vote against the government’s motion, a prospect which appeared to sway Downing Street's position.
At 6.55pm, Number 10 announced that it was ready to grant MPs a second vote before any military action is taken. The motion which the government will propose in the Commons tomorrow states: “Before any direct British involvement in such action a further vote of the House of Commons will take place.”
This means that no British forces are likely to be used before next week, when Parliament returns from the summer recess.
A Labour source said: “We will continue to scrutinise this motion but at 5:15pm David Cameron totally ruled out a second vote, an hour and a half later he changed his mind.
“Ed was determined to do the right thing. It has taken Labour forcing a vote to force the Government to do the right thing.”
Mr Miliband made his demands despite being called into Downing Street earlier this week to be personally briefed on the security crisis by the Prime Minister.
The Labour leader was placed under pressure inside his own party after key figures raised the spectre of the Iraq War a decade ago to warn against joining another conflict in the Middle East.
Diane Abbott, the shadow health minister, indicated that she could resign from Mr Miliband’s front bench team if Labour signed up to Mr Cameron’s plan.
“On the basis of what I know now, I’m not even sure that intervention would be legal,” she said. “It runs a big risk of making matters worse and of dragging us into a civil war in Syria with no endgame. There’s no such thing as a short sharp intervention in a Middle East situation. Iraq was meant to be short and sharp.”
Douglas Alexander, Labour’s shadow foreign secretary, warned Miss Abbott against speaking out.
“Diane is not the arbiter of the Labour Party. She has expressed her view. She is entitled to her own counsel,” he said.
However, senior figures in the Blair government at the time of the Iraq invasion in 2003 urged Mr Cameron to press ahead.
Alastair Campbell, Mr Blair’s former spin doctor, said it would be “hugely irresponsible and incredibly dangerous” if the world failed to act.
However, Damian McBride, a key aide to Gordon Brown, warned Labour and Liberal Democrat MPs to “stay sceptical” about Mr Cameron’s claims.
It is “all too easy” for senior MPs “to be given top secret briefings and believe everything they’re told” by the government, he said.
:: The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority has asked us to make clear following our report yesterday about the recall of Parliament that MPs are not entitled to a £300 a day attendance allowance and can only claim expenses incurred as a result of returning to Westminster.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... iband.html
Honest History Is The Weapon Of Freedom
Image

Initiate
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 pm » by Devilishwork


At least some people in government have some bloody common sense. Even tho he is probably just doing it to piss on Cameron's parade.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 pm » by Malogg


Devilishwork wrote:At least some people in government have some bloody common sense. Even tho he is probably just doing it to piss on Cameron's parade.



Noep

Early hrs of this morning ~ syria-false-flag-caught-on-video-t86631.html This was posted all over MP's/News channels/and quite a few others facebook walls including Ed Miliband,s/Obozo's/Camoron's and even on this wall :arrow:

https://www.facebook.com/ThisMorning?fref=ts

The message got out ! MP's flip flopping from yae to nae


Lulzzz
:banana:
Honest History Is The Weapon Of Freedom
Image

Initiate
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm » by Devilishwork


Oh I see, now it make sense why the big change all of a sudden. Labour just wanted to play good guy because it was all a crock of shit in the first place.
I think a lot of people have wished up about how the government lies about things like this just to go to war. Just need everyone to see that these scum we elect into office are the worst criminals there are.

I did see in one of the tabloid papers in the UK (I'm not sure if it was the sun or mirror) the headline just caught my eye when rushing into the shop. But it said something like "SAS on a mad dash in Syria looking for Assads missiles before the US/UK attack. Not sure how true this story is as we all know those kind of papers talk nearly as much crap as the governments. I was just not aware SAS was even in Syria.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 pm » by Malogg


Devilishwork wrote:Oh I see, now it make sense why the big change all of a sudden. Labour just wanted to play good guy because it was all a crock of shit in the first place.
I think a lot of people have wished up about how the government lies about things like this just to go to war. Just need everyone to see that these scum we elect into office are the worst criminals there are.

I did see in one of the tabloid papers in the UK (I'm not sure if it was the sun or mirror) the headline just caught my eye when rushing into the shop. But it said something like "SAS on a mad dash in Syria looking for Assads missiles before the US/UK attack. Not sure how true this story is as we all know those kind of papers talk nearly as much crap as the governments. I was just not aware SAS was even in Syria.



Never seen that but there was a youtube video going about how the special forces (300 of em American/British/French etc, but dunni quote me on that) were doing exactly as you say.

Ima more concerned about this

http://www.wnd.com/2013/08/iran-thousan ... c5IQqVG.01
Honest History Is The Weapon Of Freedom
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 11:55 pm » by Malogg


Devilishwork wrote:Oh I see, now it make sense why the big change all of a sudden. Labour just wanted to play good guy because it was all a crock of shit in the first place.
I think a lot of people have wished up about how the government lies about things like this just to go to war. Just need everyone to see that these scum we elect into office are the worst criminals there are.

I did see in one of the tabloid papers in the UK (I'm not sure if it was the sun or mirror) the headline just caught my eye when rushing into the shop. But it said something like "SAS on a mad dash in Syria looking for Assads missiles before the US/UK attack. Not sure how true this story is as we all know those kind of papers talk nearly as much crap as the governments. I was just not aware SAS was even in Syria.



Here ya go

British SAS Troops Already Deployed in Syria, Ahead of Parliamentary Vote on Thursday

http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/08/28/b ... -thursday/
Honest History Is The Weapon Of Freedom
Image

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 20873
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:22 pm
Location: In your grill

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 12:06 am » by Slith


Malogg wrote:
Devilishwork wrote:Oh I see, now it make sense why the big change all of a sudden. Labour just wanted to play good guy because it was all a crock of shit in the first place.
I think a lot of people have wished up about how the government lies about things like this just to go to war. Just need everyone to see that these scum we elect into office are the worst criminals there are.

I did see in one of the tabloid papers in the UK (I'm not sure if it was the sun or mirror) the headline just caught my eye when rushing into the shop. But it said something like "SAS on a mad dash in Syria looking for Assads missiles before the US/UK attack. Not sure how true this story is as we all know those kind of papers talk nearly as much crap as the governments. I was just not aware SAS was even in Syria.



Here ya go

British SAS Troops Already Deployed in Syria, Ahead of Parliamentary Vote on Thursday

http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/08/28/b ... -thursday/

Is that a surprise?
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am
Location: Next door

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 am » by Malogg


Slith wrote:Is that a surprise?



noep they been there for years training troops lmao

http://nsnbc.me/2012/06/04/nato-special ... -official/ <<then

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sa ... es-2231694 <<now
Honest History Is The Weapon Of Freedom
Image

Initiate
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 am » by Devilishwork


Yer that's the article I saw. Yer i guessit's not really a surprise they are already there.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: Avin a barbecue on Mercury

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 12:41 am » by Phoenix rising


sounds like a sham, the decision has already likely been made behind closed doors
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence
Image


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook