Tax Machine On Streets For German Prostitutes

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3414
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm » by Thruster


New street sex tax: German prostitutes pay parking ticket machines for permission to work.

Prostitutes working the streets of the former German capital are now having to pay £5.30 per night to a modified parking meter - to gain permission to ply their trade.

Sex workers in Bonn face hefty fines for not forking out the new 'income tax' which has been brought in to try and regulate the outdoor aspect of the industry.

It is to bring them into line with the country's brothel workers who already pay out a percentage of their profits in tax, which varies depending on the region.

Image

Critics say the system, introduced on Monday, for the city's 200 street workers will encourage prostitution.

But city officials, who are set to earn £265,000 per year from the system, believe it will go some way to bringing street prostitutes into line with their peers in registered sex establishments.
Charges: Parking meters have been modified in Bonn to tax prostitutes working on the streets

Charges: Parking meters have been modified in Bonn to tax prostitutes working on the streets

Spokesman Monika Frombgen said: 'This is an act of tax fairness.

'Prostitutes in fixed establishments such as brothels and sauna clubs already pay tax.'

She revealed that inspectors will monitor the streets.

And, if caught without a valid ticket, offenders would be reprimanded. They would then face fines, and later a ban.

The fee is a daily charge, and irrespective of how many punters are entertained.

The machines, made by German company Siemens, clearly show the times of day when a ticket is required.

After protests from residents, specific quarters have been designated as sex work zones.

City officials have created 'consummation areas', which are wooden parking garages where customers driving cars can retreat to with their prostitutes.

Dortmund has a similar system where prostitutes buy tickets from petrol stations.

Image

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... trade.html
Image

Conspirator
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 am

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm » by Perronick


I'm going to break the ice and say what everybody is thinking: that this policy officially turns the Bonn Administration into pimps. Wrongest possible turn.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3414
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:28 pm » by Thruster


perronick wrote:I'm going to break the ice and say what everybody is thinking: that this policy officially turns the Bonn Administration into pimps. Wrongest possible turn.



How do you feel about the way Sex Workers are controlled in Amsterdam?

:think:
Image

Conspirator
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:05 am

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm » by Perronick


thruster wrote:
perronick wrote:I'm going to break the ice and say what everybody is thinking: that this policy officially turns the Bonn Administration into pimps. Wrongest possible turn.



How do you feel about the way Sex Workers are controlled in Amsterdam?

:think:


It's a slipery slope. It's the same feeling that I get when I think about charity. In the world we're living, It's better than the absence of it, but it's kind of sad, isn't it? cause it doesn't really solve much, it's a lame pain killer.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3414
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 2:54 pm

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm » by Thruster


perronick wrote:
thruster wrote:
perronick wrote:I'm going to break the ice and say what everybody is thinking: that this policy officially turns the Bonn Administration into pimps. Wrongest possible turn.



How do you feel about the way Sex Workers are controlled in Amsterdam?

:think:


It's a slipery slope. It's the same feeling that I get when I think about charity. In the world we're living, It's better than the absence of it, but it's kind of sad, isn't it?


It is sad. It is also the oldest proffession and I do not invisage it ever going away. I think the German Government realise this and have decided 'We might as well tax them than fight them'.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7683
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm » by 99socks


Just like Rome.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 am
Location: Southern California

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 5:11 pm » by SUKHOV


99socks wrote:Just like Rome.


I was thinking the same thing


And you're probably right, if you can't beat em...tax em?
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.
Image

Writer
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 am

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 pm » by Squarepusher


Oh, poor girls.
But don't worry they'll find their way through. The industry too.
The easiest way is cheap clubs with swimming pools and saunas and cinemas
where you can make it EVERYWHERE. Girls are paying a small fee for entrance,
they have a parking place and some garanties incl. security.
I found a place like this in Vienna. A real paradise with naked girls, all 18-25 years old.
First I thought I was dreaming...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 pm

PostWed Aug 31, 2011 5:34 pm » by Ufosarus


i think its great :flop: :flop:
fair play to the girls out earning a living :clapper:



  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook