Tax The Rich: An animated Fairy Tale

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 am » by Headhunter711

Good Morning To All (and apologies for my absence...)
Generally my rubrick tends to be things EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL however this brief animation did
catch my attention. If it appears elsewhere on this website forgive me for overlooking it...

Upload to Disclose.tv

All opinions accepted. Enjoy!!

:shooting: :alien:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:24 am » by Chronicnerd

I think I get it...however this only makes me a bit sad at this point.

You see... once there was a land...where the people were neither rich nor were they poor, but they shared in one thing in common: Freedom, Liberty, and the right to pursue happiness.

Now these people had fled from their other lands where they were ruled by dictatorships that over taxed, over governed, and basically assured that if you were not born from a specific family then you were of no real significance...they called this genetic line "nobility".

The people of this new free land decided they might as well keep the concept of currency around since it was useful to use as a means to exchanged goods for services or vice versa. Of course, the people quickly realized they had to maintain a certain level of "legal system" in order to prevent others from taking advantage.

They drafted a constitution which outlined their basic founding principles.

This principle went over well, for some time, until certain members of these free people decided they needed to increase the size of their government. Of course this meant that the government needed more revenue which ultimately ended up in higher taxes.

This newly found free people with their "open free market" grew and became the most prosperous land in the world. Until one day, some of these people decided that their government workers and corporate unions needed to help the people "manage their retirement". So, the government and unions told the people they would only take a little bit from their salary, but the end game was they would be able to retire early and keep their same salary.

The people who were affected by this figured they had hired their union workers and government employees to look out for their own good, after all...they were paying them...

So, they agreed to this new program as well as a nifty new retirement package for all the people in the land...they would call this "social security"...the name was cleverly constructed to convey that through social strength and collective effort everyone could retire at an earlier age and not have to worry about working all of the time.

This seemed to work well for everyone for quite sometime, until one day somebody realized that the funds being taken by the unions and government had already been spent. They discovered that the majority of the union and government organized and operated "retirement" funds had not really taken all of the variables into consideration...and there was not enough for all of the people in this now more established and heavily populated...but still free...land.

So, there was a long period where the people became divided as to who's fault it was. The government and unions found this concept advantageous, as they could always blame one another for the errors in their ways...until one day it happened...

A very smart group of people who had been tired of the constant finger pointing decided to really look at the historical data, numbers, and plans made by the government and unions members, and they discovered something amazing... their plans had never been 100% mathematically proven...they worked back in the day when their was a much different economy...but now...things had changed...and the plans never changed...only but to take a little bit more from everyone's pay checks at the end of the day...but the plan itself...never adjusted.

So these people began to spread the word and the people of the land began to become aware of their government and union corruption. So the government and union members had to do something quickly...

They decided that since blaming each other no longer worked...because they had to face it...their programs obviously had failed and they no longer could point at one another...because they had switch "seats" so many times...so they decided they needed to blame someone else...

This is when the government and unions members, who's income was tax free and health insurance was the best money could buy, decided they needed to blame the people with the money...because after all...if the government and union members could collect more money...then they could pay for all of the programs.

So this is exactly what they did...they blamed the 1%...who were already paying for almost 50% of all taxes collected for the entire land...but when you think of these 1% people's wealth... 50% of 100 Million is still 50 Million... surely they could spare another 10 or 20 million?

And so we are here today... in this land...watching our government corrupt...brainwash...and manipulate the last free land *in the world*....until it no longer can maintain its very own government...

And then the dictators of the world, who the people of this land had left to seek freedom, liberty, and the right to pursue happiness, came back to their land to re-assert their authority as it was many many decades ago....

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/12/news/economy/national_debt_taxes_obama/index.htm?iid=EL

The "rich" pay around 40% of taxes...and even if you raise the taxes on them...and raise it a good chunk... you wouldn't *TOUCH*...the amount of money being spent by the government.

Good article on what we just spend on handing out money:
http://www.ourdime.us/102/budgetinfo/how-much-do-we-spend-on-welfare/

Good actual facts on what 2013 looks like (notice how certain categories are "exempt" from the total debt...even though the tax payer pays for it...):
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us_welfare_spending_40.html

Here is a good pie chart for 2013:
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/

Let's see...
1.1 *TRILLION* in pensions...
1.1 *TRILLION* in healthcare...
900 *BILLION* in military...
800 *BILLION* in welfare...wow...almost as much as what we spend on military now...

And now... the *really* good point behind all of this?

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/05/51-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-taxes/238329/

Over 50% of Americans pay no taxes...a large chunk of those Americans use...

*drum roll please*

Tax write offs... and exemptions...

This whole thing is such a mess... the people who are still "optimistic" about the left wing democratic party's "plan"...I would *beg* to ask the question...

What plan?

The Obama administration has not created... *ONE*... think about it... *ONE*... budget...during the first 4 years of him being in office...

No administration/president to date has "run the country" without at least generating 1 planned budget during their term... most had a budget created *EACH YEAR AS IS REQUIRED BY LAW*...

But for those who are still all glee with the left wing rants, lies, and scandals... they will *NEVER* understand this concept and will *ALWAYS* try to divert by pointing fingers at someone else...even though they had both the house and senate for longer than 8 years (six of which were when GW Bush was in office)...and had the president, congress, and the senate all democratic majority...for 2 of those 8 years (2 years during Obamas first 4 years)...

Which in my book... policy is passed through congress and the senate...and can be forced or blocked via president... and if the house and senate are majority...then the president could be effectively blocked from making any "horrible" decisions...

So I ask you... all who love the "Obama" machine... if the democratic party pretty much held the keys to the city...last six years of GW Bush's term and first 2 of Obama's... then *HOW ON EARTH CAN ANYONE THINK THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PAST 8 YEARS*????

Let alone..."block the democratic party"... when they still hold majority of the Senate and their president has the next 4 years?

I heard something by a democratic senator the other night...he was talking on a news channel and actually was "hoping" for a fiscal cliff...

Why does *THIS* matter at all for the 99%???

Well... first of all... seeing as 51% of Americans don't pay taxes and a *very* large chunk of that 51% use tax exemptions to avoid taxes...and seeing that if you don't file your taxes properly then you could be in violation of the new federal law of paying for your new shiny "healthcare" tax...

Coupling that with the already existing average $2k per household increase in taxes...(which does not include the exemptions or take into account the additional healthcare taxes)....

It will become clear "something is wrong".....to those who still have no idea what I am writing about or who decided they "just don't have the time"....but they love Obama....and he won't do them wrong...

Heh...

Well....when I heard the Democratic representative actually encourage the fiscal cliff...I realized the only way the mentally numb members of the American society will ever come back to reality...

Let them fall... all us "conservative goof balls" have been looking at what has been coming and have taken steps...saved...gotten out of debt...and have extra food in case there just isn't any in the store...

Yeah...we will just weather it... because that is what we do... work...learn...grow...conserve...help when help is needed...and walk away when there is nothing to be done but let the rest of the country grow up...and learn the simple truth:

What you put into it... you get out of it...and if you don't believe me... ask these folks:
http://money.msn.com/investing/rags-to-riches-ceos-cnbc.aspx?cp-documentid=6845756

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 am » by Iwanci

Oops, I think I accidentally walked into the 'dreamer' thread... apologies, I won't disturb.... please keep believing in fairy tales and unicorns....

:badair:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 am » by mediasorcery

Chronicnerd wrote:I think I get it...however this only makes me a bit sad at this point.

You see... once there was a land...where the people were neither rich nor were they poor, but they shared in one thing in common: Freedom, Liberty, and the right to pursue happiness.

Now these people had fled from their other lands where they were ruled by dictatorships that over taxed, over governed, and basically assured that if you were not born from a specific family then you were of no real significance...they called this genetic line "nobility".

The people of this new free land decided they might as well keep the concept of currency around since it was useful to use as a means to exchanged goods for services or vice versa. Of course, the people quickly realized they had to maintain a certain level of "legal system" in order to prevent others from taking advantage.

This principle went over well, for some time, until certain members of these free people decided they needed to increase the size of their government. Of course this meant that the government needed more revenue which ultimately ended up in higher taxes.

This newly found free people with their "open free market" grew and became the most prosperous land in the world. Until one day, some of these people decided that their government workers and corporate unions needed to help the people "manage their retirement". So, the government and unions told the people they would only take a little bit from their salary, but the end game was they would be able to retire early and keep their same salary.

The people who were affected by this figured they had hired their union workers and government employees to look out for their own good, after all...they were paying them...

So, they agreed to this new program as well as a nifty new retirement package for all the people in the land...they would call this "social security"...the name was cleverly constructed to convey that through social strength and collective effort everyone could retire at an earlier age and not have to worry about working all of the time.

This seemed to work well for everyone for quite sometime, until one day somebody realized that the funds being taken by the unions and government had already been spent. They discovered that the majority of the union and government organized and operated "retirement" funds had not really taken all of the variables into consideration...and there was not enough for all of the people in this now more established and heavily populated...but still free...land.

So, there was a long period where the people became divided as to who's fault it was. The government and unions found this concept advantageous, as they could always blame one another for the errors in their ways...until one day it happened...

A very smart group of people who had been tired of the constant finger pointing decided to really look at the historical data, numbers, and plans made by the government and unions members, and they discovered something amazing... their plans had never been 100% mathematically proven...they worked back in the day when their was a much different economy...but now...things had changed...and the plans never changed...only but to take a little bit more from everyone's pay checks at the end of the day...but the plan itself...never adjusted.

So these people began to spread the word and the people of the land began to become aware of their government and union corruption. So the government and union members had to do something quickly...

They decided that since blaming each other no longer worked...because they had to face it...their programs obviously had failed and they no longer could point at one another...because they had switch "seats" so many times...so they decided they needed to blame someone else...

This is when the government and unions members, who's income was tax free and health insurance was the best money could buy, decided they needed to blame the people with the money...because after all...if the government and union members could collect more money...then they could pay for all of the programs.

So this is exactly what they did...they blamed the 1%...who were already paying for almost 50% of all taxes collected for the entire land...but when you think of these 1% people's wealth... 50% of 100 Million is still 50 Million... surely they could spare another 10 or 20 million?

And so we are here today... in this land...watching our government corrupt...brainwash...and manipulate the last free land *in the world*....until it no longer can maintain its very own government...

And then the dictators of the world, who the people of this land had left to seek freedom, liberty, and the right to pursue happiness, came back to their land to re-assert their authority as it was many many decades ago....

http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/12/news/economy/national_debt_taxes_obama/index.htm?iid=EL

The "rich" pay around 40% of taxes...and even if you raise the taxes on them...and raise it a good chunk... you wouldn't *TOUCH*...the amount of money being spent by the government.

Good actual facts on what 2013 looks like (notice how certain categories are "exempt" from the total debt...even though the tax payer pays for it...):

Let's see...
800 *BILLION* in welfare...wow...almost as much as what we spend on military now...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/05/51-of-americans-pay-no-federal-income-taxes/238329/

*drum roll please*

This whole thing is such a mess... the people who are still "optimistic" about the left wing democratic party's "plan"...I would *beg* to ask the question...

What plan?

The Obama administration has not created... *ONE*... think about it... *ONE*... budget...during the first 4 years of him being in office...

No administration/president to date has "run the country" without at least generating 1 planned budget during their term... most had a budget created *EACH YEAR AS IS REQUIRED BY LAW*...

But for those who are still all glee with the left wing rants, lies, and scandals... they will *NEVER* understand this concept and will *ALWAYS* try to divert by pointing fingers at someone else...even though they had both the house and senate for longer than 8 years (six of which were when GW Bush was in office)...and had the president, congress, and the senate all democratic majority...for 2 of those 8 years (2 years during Obamas first 4 years)...

Which in my book... policy is passed through congress and the senate...and can be forced or blocked via president... and if the house and senate are majority...then the president could be effectively blocked from making any "horrible" decisions...

So I ask you... all who love the "Obama" machine... if the democratic party pretty much held the keys to the city...last six years of GW Bush's term and first 2 of Obama's... then *HOW ON EARTH CAN ANYONE THINK THE REPUBLICAN PARTY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PAST 8 YEARS*????

Let alone..."block the democratic party"... when they still hold majority of the Senate and their president has the next 4 years?

I heard something by a democratic senator the other night...he was talking on a news channel and actually was "hoping" for a fiscal cliff...

Well... first of all... seeing as 51% of Americans don't pay taxes and a *very* large chunk of that 51% use tax exemptions to avoid taxes...and seeing that if you don't file your taxes properly then you could be in violation of the new federal law of paying for your new shiny "healthcare" tax...

Coupling that with the already existing average $2k per household increase in taxes...(which does not include the exemptions or take into account the additional healthcare taxes)....

It will become clear "something is wrong".....to those who still have no idea what I am writing about or who decided they "just don't have the time"....but they love Obama....and he won't do them wrong...

Heh...

Well....when I heard the Democratic representative actually encourage the fiscal cliff...I realized the only way the mentally numb members of the American society will ever come back to reality...

Let them fall... all us "conservative goof balls" have been looking at what has been coming and have taken steps...saved...gotten out of debt...and have extra food in case there just isn't any in the store...

Yeah...we will just weather it... because that is what we do... work...learn...grow...conserve...help when help is needed...and walk away when there is nothing to be done but let the rest of the country grow up...and learn the simple truth:

What you put into it... you get out of it...and if you don't believe me... ask these folks:
http://money.msn.com/investing/rags-to-riches-ceos-cnbc.aspx?cp-documentid=6845756

this is based on a true story, ^no kidding!!!!! :flop: :pray:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Initiate

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 11:37 am » by Domeika

Chronicnerd wrote:I think I get it...however this only makes me a bit sad at this point.

Let's see...

*drum roll please*

What plan?

Heh...

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: