Teachers able to confiscate mobile phones to control pupils

Initiate

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 2:25 am » by Frankenstein

dragonlady8 wrote:LOL @Frank..forgive me ....I forgot about the "blizzards" I had to endure.lol...I am Canadian.

:cheers:

Well then, you forgot to add "dodging attacks from polar bears wanting my lunch"

Writer

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 2:25 am » by Wackyal123

Ah.. yeah, i can see how that may look pretty self obsessed. You've got me there. Wasn't my intention for that to be the case though. Infact, I have a rather low opinion of myself generally. And as for me being suited to this world... again, not true. I would much prefer the utopian society of Star Trek, or the resource based economy laid out by Fresco. But hey... it's not the world we live in.

SO... in your opinion, what would make a schooling environment MORE interesting. How would you change the current format to make it a place where children all want to learn? How would you get parents to care whether their kids learn or not when they themselves are struggling with debt/employment and a lot of the time don't have time for their kids (despite having them in the first place)? Or would you place the responsibility of teaching the child solely on the teacher? What about taking kids on trips? Personally, i loved them as a kid, but now many schools can't organise them due to over cautious parents who don't want an accident to happen.
I'm genuinely interested because I agree, in an interesting environment, children usually do prick up their ears and take things in, (although, with distractions... i.e. a phone/portable games console/music player they tend to drift off and ignore.)
How would you teach a child about an atom? Would you push aside the traditional solar system method for a more complex method explaining how the electrons move erratically and can't be predicted?
Can some things not be left til later on in education?

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 2:29 am » by E6722maj

'course, we 'ad it tough...'

Upload to Disclose.tv

whatever

Initiate

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 am » by Frankenstein

wackyal123 wrote:Ah.. yeah, i can see how that may look pretty self obsessed. You've got me there. Wasn't my intention for that to be the case though. Infact, I have a rather low opinion of myself generally. And as for me being suited to this world... again, not true. I would much prefer the utopian society of Star Trek, or the resource based economy laid out by Fresco. But hey... it's not the world we live in.

SO... in your opinion, what would make a schooling environment MORE interesting. How would you change the current format to make it a place where children all want to learn? How would you get parents to care whether their kids learn or not when they themselves are struggling with debt/employment and a lot of the time don't have time for their kids (despite having them in the first place)? Or would you place the responsibility of teaching the child solely on the teacher? What about taking kids on trips? Personally, i loved them as a kid, but now many schools can't organise them due to over cautious parents who don't want an accident to happen.
I'm genuinely interested because I agree, in an interesting environment, children usually do prick up their ears and take things in, (although, with distractions... i.e. a phone/portable games console/music player they tend to drift off and ignore.)
How would you teach a child about an atom? Would you push aside the traditional solar system method for a more complex method explaining how the electrons move erratically and can't be predicted?
Can some things not be left til later on in education?

Understand first of all that I home school my children, so in my opinion, that is by far the best thing to do. The problem is that parents are all too willing to dispose of their children for a while and hope that they come back 'educated' and well heeled. The J.O.B. scenario is a self replicating feed into a warped system of paid slavery. This compounds the problem.

The entire system is broken. There is no fix at all of a system that requires an all together approach.

If you insist on children being publicly educated, then they should do different classes depending upon aptitude and desire. One of my children is artistic and the other (younger) is mathematical. They do not get the same lessons. It would be pointless. My younger child learns any art from watching, but math is actively taught.

You would be surprised at how accepting children are of quantum physics if you teach it to them. Explaining things one way and then later on telling them that the first bit was a fudge is not conducive to learning. I have successfully explained quantum electron shells to a 10 year old. There is no reason to teach any child about the contents of atoms unless they want to know. If they do, then explain it to them and you will be amazed that not only will they learn the exciting world of the quantum realm but they will eagerly go off and try to teach their peers about it.

When children are ready they will learn. But this varies between children. My younger one learned to read 3 years later than my older child, but now their reading is comparable. The concept that children need to enter school at a particular age and then leave at a particular age is a very seriously flawed concept.

When this idea is followed, there is no need to push a flawed idea until later in their education.

BTW, my oldest (the artistic one) is looking forward to a Cintiq in an upcoming birthday.

Initiate

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 am » by Frankenstein

e6722maj wrote:'course, we 'ad it tough...'

Upload to Disclose.tv

:pray: :flop: :cheers:

Thanks.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 3:09 am » by E6722maj

@ frank

whatever

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 3:50 am » by Iamthatiam

Here ya go Doc.... :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 27, 2011 5:17 am » by Thebluecanary

Sorry Jones but if you were a teacher and you had to deal with the little shits talking and texting and fucking with their stupid phones all day long you'd understand why this is. Kids are in school to learn, not dick around on facebook or playing whatever dumb game they've got on their phone this week. And here too it's a giant problem with kids texting one another test answers.

Don't know how it is over there but here kids are dumb enough, they don't need even more distractions. I made it through school with no cell phone at all and I seem to be OK. I can understand having the phone with them if there is some kind of emergency, but they should be turned off and stowed in pockets or bags otherwise, which is the rule over here, and if they get them out and start fucking with them then yes, they should loose them till the end of the day. Same with some idiot brat with his ipod on his head in the middle of class. Admittedly I come from a time when the Discman was the height of technology, but if I'd been listening to mine in the middle of class they would have taken it from me.

Kids now, especially teenagers, are ignorant, vapid materialistic little beasts who don't seem to care about anything if it's not on BET or The Jersey Shore. They don't need their lessons to be "more enjoyable" they need to get off their asses and actually attempt to learn something instead of expecting everything to be dumbed down for their 30 second attention spans. It galls me that this is even a problem that teachers have to have, some fucking brat with a cell phone in class. Part of the reason that this world is going to hell is because the last few generations of kids have come up such booger eating fucking mongoloids. And not all the responsibility for that can be laid at the feet of the NWO or the school system or even hollywood, because all these kids have parents at home too. Did anyone ever think that maybe mommy and daddy have to come retrieve little beaster's celly because the teachers are holding on to the vain hope that it will encourage them to actually parent the child? As in, have a little discussion about how it's not appropriate to be talking on your cell phone in class? Since when is being disruptive and disrespectful a "right" that kids have?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Previous