Technology: Violating Human Limits?

Initiate

PostThu Mar 04, 2010 4:41 am » by Fleshstorm87

A question comes to (mind) as we use, enjoy, and take for granted our current state of technology? I'm sure everyone has seen our jump in technology, from basic calculators of the mid 70's and "Pong" to it's current state, (living in the evo-revolution) this involves everything from the spectrum of tech. to this date. Not to mention what we don't know via technologies we are not informed of (say our governments are holding out..we know they do).
Computers themselves are evolving quicker then humans, this in itself is kind of disturbing. When does the human race create an artificial intelligence that no longer needs its human creators? To create? Can we control the very thing that we created?
Not getting all sci-fi, Terminator-ish here, but, what if this is where the curiosity really did kill the cat... in this instance. Is it for the better of mankind or for worse..?

I would like to think that those who create these technologies ARE thinking of these possible outcomes, (I mask robots for computers) in Isaac Asimov 3 rules of robotics:

-A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
-A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
-A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

I submit this first video to give a better idea of what I'm seeing....

Upload to Disclose.tv

please follow the links to the rest of this series.....technology has made me lazy also!
Kill yourself......begin again............

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 04, 2010 6:07 pm » by Svaha

It is for worse for the simple reason that 'we' are mainly left brainers, one sided.
That's why we see technology evolving ever faster, while still staying caveman, that's why we think that all is linear, while power moves in circles.
On all levels we're heading for extinction without even having a clue about it.
No invention is tested on the effects it will have on the generations to come.
Concerning this robots / cyborgs / clones I would say that it makes humans no more needed.
Lucky for humans that the ship is sinking already.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell