Teen charged in Walmart racial comment case

Initiate
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 3:28 am » by Tonybigman3


pateriot wrote:Am I the only one that just thinks that this was just a kid's prank, and a damn funny one at that. That anyone was truly offended by this seems unbelievable to me!! Christ people take a deep breath and think about the stupid pranks you pulled when you were a kid... and laugh!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1539
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:45 am

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 6:59 am » by Wolfbane7272


and would not disclose the teen's race, saying that did not factor into the investigation.

no its just the cental point of the case you dumbass!! , i actually choked on my coffee when i saw that statement .

fucking retards in control ..are still retards
Image

Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4041
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 7:22 am » by Mep630


sockpuppet wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Teen-charged-in-NJ-Walmart-apf-588972312.html?x=0
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A 16-year-old boy patronizing a Walmart store in southern New Jersey took over the public-address system and ordered black people to leave, angering customers and prompting company leaders to apologize, police said Saturday.

Police said the boy, whose name is not being released because he is a juvenile, went on the intercom at Walmart's Washington Township store Sunday evening and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

The teen was arrested Friday on charges of harassment and bias intimidation. Authorities said he was released to the custody of his parents; they did not know whether he had a lawyer.

"This was an extremely disturbing event on many levels," Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton said at a news conference. "Any statements like these that can cause harm or grave concern must be addressed as quickly we possibly can."

Dalton said the case would be handled in juvenile court in neighboring Atlantic County, where the boy lives. He would not say whether the boy has a criminal record, citing the teen's age, and would not disclose the teen's race, saying that did not factor into the investigation.

Authorities would not say whether the announcement was planned or made impulsively. Police said they were also investigating a teenage boy who accompanied the suspect to the store, but they had not charged the other boy.

Although a manager quickly went on the intercom system and apologized for the remark, many customers expressed their anger to store management. Some community members said Saturday that they've heard reports of similar incidents happening at the store in recent months that were not reported to police.

"We are concerned about that, and we're looking into these incidents. We want to work with the community to make sure these types of incidents don't happen," said Loretta Winters, president of the Gloucester County chapter of the NAACP.

Winters said she hopes the boy will get counseling and be educated about sensitivity so he can understand the consequences of his actions.

"I'm assuming this person didn't realize how hurtful his comments were," she said.

Officials for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc. said the announcement was "unacceptable," and Dalton praised the company for its strong cooperation in the investigation.

"We're pleased this matter is resolved," Walmart spokesman David Tovar said in a statement issued after the news conference. "We have updated our intercom system at this store to prevent this from happening again. We again apologize to all of our customers and associates who had to listen to something so offensive."

The incident was the latest in a series of problems the retailer has had in its dealings with minorities and women.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.
Your full of cut & paste garbage that isnt even worth of this site...

Lot of disclosure here, lol....

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 am » by Sw33tlou


songhai wrote:Free Speech ... bullshit

Racism isn't fee speech, it's racial hatred and it's forbidden. This kid was just refering to the darkest times of America when white & black people weren't allowed to share toilets. I can't even understand your reactions ...

This kid has been arrested because he needs to be taugh manners. It's not a fascist move, it's a republican move against a fascist kid

I don't care if that kid was signing a NAZI war song about baking Jews into the intercom of Walmart. Free Speech is free speech. Walmart does have grounds to go after this person based on the fact that they did it on their property and drove away their business. Teach someone manners? Whose manners? Yours? Please get over yourself.
I no longer "WANT TO BELIEVE"
I know. It is now time to decide what we do with this knowledge.

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 8:49 am » by Sw33tlou


slushpup wrote:I think the little bugger should be ass kicked from here to tomorrow. Unfortunately he has learned this hatred and bigotry from adults.. Most likely his own parents.. Even so he is able to know the difference between right and wrong.. He chose wrong. Now there is consequences for his actions.. Thus rightfully so.

This is not about free speech.. It is about hate and ignorance that should no longer exist..

This was a shameful act upon his part. He must be held accountable.

:rtft:

I disagree. We are here where we are today because of trying to control speech. Today we are on the verge of losing our freedom of speech. It is because the establishment has made us afraid of speaking our minds. This kid should be dealt with by his parents. There is absolutely no reason to bring in cops. The only reason Walmart did was because it was a national story and there are alot of black people out there that got their little feelings hurt because a teenager said a few mean words in an intercom. That is the extent of this. If conspiracy theorists can take being called crazy on a daily basis then black people can deal with ignorant teenagers. I am worried that the only reason there was ANY outrage here is because someone figured if they rode this Walmart story hard enough they could get something out of this whole ordeal.
I no longer "WANT TO BELIEVE"
I know. It is now time to decide what we do with this knowledge.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:26 am

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 am » by Swordofthelord


pateriot wrote:Am I the only one that just thinks that this was just a kid's prank, and a damn funny one at that. That anyone was truly offended by this seems unbelievable to me!! Christ people take a deep breath and think about the stupid pranks you pulled when you were a kid... and laugh!


It's definitely funny, but now that kid will have to go through a bunch of b.s.

Conspirator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 am » by Cia212


songhai wrote:Free Speech ... bullshit

Racism isn't fee speech, it's racial hatred and it's forbidden. This kid was just refering to the darkest times of America when white & black people weren't allowed to share toilets. I can't even understand your reactions ...

This kid has been arrested because he needs to be taugh manners. It's not a fascist move, it's a republican move against a fascist kid


Ha. France...
As for the child, one can make a case that this IS an arrestable offense. Not because of what he said, but because he used Walmart's PA to do it. It damages the reputation of Walmart for people to think the message was from an employee, and that reputation has a dollar value…which also makes it criminal. Despite what the article says, this isn’t “bias intimidation” or harassment since the offense is to Walmart, not the black shoppers. If it were illegal to yell racist comments in a public forum, every XBOX Live player would be arrested…you should hear the things said on there!

Writer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:42 am

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 10:34 am » by Iwanttobelieve


sceptilief wrote:While inappropriate and uncouth, this was an excersize in free speech by a juvenille, so how is it possible to bring criminal charges against him?

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"


You can't go on private property or a place of business and "exercise" freedom of speech my friend. Familiarize yourself with actual law, not the law that only exist in your head. :roll:

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:02 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am » by Sceptilief


slushpup wrote:I think the little bugger should be ass kicked from here to tomorrow. Unfortunately he has learned this hatred and bigotry from adults.. Most likely his own parents.. Even so he is able to know the difference between right and wrong.. He chose wrong. Now there is consequences for his actions.. Thus rightfully so.

This is not about free speech.. It is about hate and ignorance that should no longer exist..

This was a shameful act upon his part. He must be held accountable.

:rtft:


Yes, he should be, IF he in fact hurt someone. And that accountability should come from a large black dude with big hands. How is turning to the predominately white police force for a definition of right and wrong and for accountability going to take our species forward? Hate and ignorance should no longer exist, I agree, but it isn't going to go away with help from the police, it must come from within ourselves to become permanant, otherwise we've just got more laws telling us what we can and cannot say.

We've got one more invisible racist - a point which David Icke makes about the overbearing "anti-semite" drive in the US. Where as, we have done absolutely nothing by using the system to actually take the racism away, but have instead taught this dude to just keep it quiet, so now he could become a violent closet racist.
23:59;01

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:02 pm

PostSun Mar 21, 2010 10:55 am » by Sceptilief


iwanttobelieve wrote:
sceptilief wrote:While inappropriate and uncouth, this was an excersize in free speech by a juvenille, so how is it possible to bring criminal charges against him?

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"


You can't go on private property or a place of business and "exercise" freedom of speech my friend. Familiarize yourself with actual law, not the law that only exist in your head. :roll:


You're an expert? :bullshit:

Law is illusionary and completly voluntary, if you really want to get into it.

And if the law is to protect against racial faux-pas', than should it not also extend to the millions of slaves Wal-Mart's 'legitimate' business has created and persists to thrive on?

In my opinion, this is between Wal-Mart and this dude. Ban him from Wal-mart. End of story.
23:59;01


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook