Teen charged in Walmart racial comment case

Initiate

PostMon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 am » by Sceptilief

ph0enix wrote:lol. Here's one black guy's take on it. What he said was racial, not racist. He was being a douche, not causing a riot. He SHOULD have been arrested for using Walmart property both without permission and in a way that costs them customers. Not to mention addressing any upsets from the black population over this, by having him arrested, is great PR. Turn him loose and ban him from Walmart for a year...

Thank you man, I've been hoping someone from the offended party would comment.

But I also have to make this point: Is it not Wal-Mart's responsibility to keep their phone and intercom systems secure?

I've never worked in a place with an intercom that could be accessed without a code. It's part and parcel of doing business with such a technology. But I can bet Wal-Mart has sent out the upgrade kits to all their stores by now.
23:59;01

Writer

PostMon Mar 22, 2010 4:09 am » by Bobbie

You know what's really funny we all know that this was a white kid telling the black people to leave the store but if this was a black person nothing would have been said. Why because we don't make a big deal about stuff. Now I have worked at Wal mart for quit a while now and when I walked in I find out that because of this silly incident Home Office has told all of the stores to take out all of the phones where customers have easy access to. Now how stupid is this? This is what kids do especially the college ones and it has not hurt our store we are still hopping like we do every spring break that's why we are the second grossing Wal mart in the nation.

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 am » by Ph0enix

@ Bobbie, No, if he were black he would have been beaten and then gone to jail for inciting a riot and disordily conduct. Initially after doing the dumb deed he would've ran out of the store and away from security, so resisting arrest would have been added on to the charges. After his mother's door was kicked in and he and anyone who asked questions was beaten in the front yard, he would've done about 3 months plus 3 years on probation. But you're right, NOT ONE PHONE would've been removed.

Initiate

PostMon Mar 22, 2010 4:37 am » by Rahkriga

sceptilief wrote:While inappropriate and uncouth, this was an excersize in free speech by a juvenille, so how is it possible to bring criminal charges against him?

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

But...this isnt about his right to say it I dont think. Does this qualify as a hate crime? Also, makeing that comment would compromise business for walmart. The last thing this case violates is freedom of speech.

Previous