Telling Monsanto how I feel

Writer

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 am » by Uss001

Way to go!
Here in Vermont we are pushing hard to get the law passed! The may have intimated other's before but they never tangled with the likes of us hardy Vermonters. here was my reply to the RT article
Let them sue bring it on Monsanto we welcome it and in the process we will bring to light all the studies that show all the negative affects your products have (sterilization by the third generation of things that consume it just to point out one) to the national media and then all the USA will have the blinders lifted and with luck your products will be prohibited to be sold in this country! You have 0 say what we Vermonters require on our food labels and we will continue to push to keep your genetically modified garbage properly labeled so we can make informed decisions as to what we feel is safe to eat and feed to our children.

For all of you out there that wish to follow our plight you can go to vtdigger.org and follow it.

Joe

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 8:41 am » by Newssniffer

bandanko wrote:I sincerely hope you used a fake IP or a cybercafe computer, because "they" now know who you are and what you stand for...

I reckon you've made it onto their list mate :flop:

They'd better know who I am and what I stand for, or I do not stand at all.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 1:03 pm » by Istvan12

uss001 wrote:Way to go!
Here in Vermont we are pushing hard to get the law passed! The may have intimated other's before but they never tangled with the likes of us hardy Vermonters. here was my reply to the RT article
Let them sue bring it on Monsanto we welcome it and in the process we will bring to light all the studies that show all the negative affects your products have (sterilization by the third generation of things that consume it just to point out one) to the national media and then all the USA will have the blinders lifted and with luck your products will be prohibited to be sold in this country! You have 0 say what we Vermonters require on our food labels and we will continue to push to keep your genetically modified garbage properly labeled so we can make informed decisions as to what we feel is safe to eat and feed to our children.

For all of you out there that wish to follow our plight you can go to vtdigger.org and follow it.

Joe

yes I read that article and Joe, I hope your elected officals in Vermont stand tall and true. I hope that law/bill gets passed. And I also hope that this will start a chain reaction that will spread through all of NA and other areas in world that haven't condemned GMO's yet.
I can't wait for that day to happen

Initiate

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm » by Newssniffer

Suprisingly, I got a reply from Trish Jordan of Monsanto Canada.

It's the usual clap trap from these guys.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:01 PM, JORDAN, TRISH L (AG/5125) <trish.l.jordan@monsanto.com> wrote:

Thanks for your email, R*****. Monsanto is focused on helping the planet, specifically by focusing on helping farmers and giving them the tools to meet the world’s growing demands for food and do so in a way that lessens agriculture’s impact on the environment. Farmers today are under intense pressure to produce enough food to feed the world. Monsanto – like other companies who operate in this same arena – is trying to offer them solutions to the challenges they face.

If our seed and technology products can help them succeed, the farmers will purchase our seed and thankfully, there are some who are willing to do so because of the economic and environmental benefits our products offer.

As for keeping our investors happy, yes that is a focus of all businesses. But the only way we can be successful in that regard is by offering products that farmers choose to purchase. Farmers are our only customers. We are 100 per cent focused on agriculture and we don’t generate revenue from any other sector. So, we do not make a penny unless we are able to sell products to farmers.

As to changing and innovating and growing and developing, you may think that agriculture and farmers should go back to the way they farmed hundreds of years ago, but I don’t think you will get very much support from Canadian farmers for that concept. They want access to the very best technologies and innovations they can get their hands on because they want to protect their land, stay on the farm and feed and clothe their families.

Their work is what allows you access to plentiful, safe, affordable food.

Is there more than one way to farm? Of course. Is there only one right way? I don’t think so. There are personal choices made by farmers every day as to what works best for them and their families on their farm. If we can play a role in helping them meet their needs then we will be there for them. If they choose to do business with some other company, that’s okay too. It is their choice and they have lots of options and companies to choose from.

You live in a very productive agricultural environment in L************ and I am sure you can find farmers who want to farm with technology and those who want to farm organically, without the use of crop protection products or biotechnology. There is room for all types of farming, but going back to non-mechanized, poor yielding seeds and subjecting a crop to weeds and pests is not going to save the planet. In fact, it will likely result in many millions starving for lack of food – a problem already facing many millions in developing world nations.

Agriculture and farmers have been innovating for thousands of years. That will not change, regardless of whether Monsanto is around or not.

I certainly respect your right to voice your opinion on how agriculture should work and I hope you respect that there are others who have different viewpoints. There is room for all.

Trish Jordan
Monsanto Canada

Winnipeg, MB

As long as they'll keep on replying, I'll keep on letting them know that they suck:

Trish,

Thank you for the reply, but you have failed to allay my deepest seated of concerns.

Perhaps, as an employee of Monsanto corporation, you are only privy to the information in training materials provided to you when you first started work, and that is not something I can hold against you, because you are blood of my blood; human. However, it is something that I freely hold against a corporation; a mock, unethical, uncompassionate 'human'.

It may be wise to open your mind to the broader picture of where we are as the human race. We are quickly running out of the oil you synthesis your chemicals from; children are dying of starvation in Nations that have been decimated by colonialistic free market capitalism - because the Investors must be paid first; and our environment, on our living planet, is acting in ways foreign to us. Something is off, but no one wants to admit any fault.

Your Farmer's Supply and Demand argument may have worked well on the average layman, but it is faulty. Supply and Demand economics is what we are supposed to believe drives this economy, but then we learn of the work of people like Goebels and Bernays (Goebels was the Nazi Propagandist during the reign of Hitler, and Bernays was the nephew of Sigmund Freud, the famous phychiatrist) and realize it's really just more feces dipped in caramel. These upstanding men were the Masters and Creators of modern advertising; to coerce the Free Will of people into buying things they don't need ($$$$). How can supply and demand work as any kind of argument, when the truth of the matter is, the Corporation creates the demand so that it may profit from the supply? It is by this truth, and my awareness of your very abundant advertising in my Agriculturally Productive Area, that I know Monsanto Corporation places a large stake in creating the demand your argument falls on.

I suggest you watch a film called, Idiocracy. It is a delightful tale of a future humanity, utterly stupid and lost to advertising. In the film, the people of Earth are watering their crops with Brawndo, a future gatorade-like drink full of Electrolytes, faithfully believing what the idiot box tells them when it squaks: "Brawndo! It's what plants Crave!" Unaware that electrolytes are salts and that salted Earth grows nothing, a food crisis ensues that none of the future idiots know how to solve. But, I won't ruin the ending for you.

The point is, nobody is telling the farmers anything else. Instead, they rely on smart people like Monsanto to tell them how to grow their crops, and you're telling them to put petroleum on genetically modified seeds in un-rotated soil. Yet, through thick and thin, Earth has never failed to continue providing our food (for FREE). So what makes you better at agriculture than our ~3 Billion year old planet?

For the most part, I can live with the vile chemicals and petroleum used by profiteering farmers, but it's the Genetic Modification that puts you in the hot seat. The reason for my original letter.

When you genetically modify food to become wholly synthetic, you change the source code for all generations to come. But this isn't like messing around with a few lines of code in a computer program. I can shut the computer down and just revert to the old program if I mess up with these new lines of code. I can even swear away computers for the rest of my life and rid myself of the problem for good. And this is the case for almost all scientific advancement; if the experiment goes wrong, shut it down and burn down the lab to contain it if necessary. What you are doing though, is on a whole different playing field. If you mess up, there is no containing it. There is no reseting the system or rebooting to the old genetic code. Burning down the lab would literally be Armageddon.

No one is suggesting that we go back to the stone age here, Trish. Quite the opposite. But if a technology or innovation is bad for everyone's future as a whole, maybe we should just try to get by with what has brought us through Billions of Years of evolution; Human ingenuity and a Healthy respect for our Earthly source of life.

But, if you want to avoid every point I've brought up, I ask you to just answer one question for me. Convince me I'm wrong about all of this:

What is Monsanto's contigency plan if this experiment with our food supply goes wrong?

Cheers,

R***** S******

Writer

PostTue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm » by Epipsyche

:lol: At least someone took the time to copy pasta a reply!

Reminds me of contacting congressional representatives in the USA!

Previous