Telling Monsanto how I feel

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 2:50 am » by Newssniffer

After catching the Front page of DTV, a story about how Monsanto is threatening to sue the American State of Vermont if they force them by law to label all GMO food (story here), I felt the need to reach out and let them know how I felt.

I sent this to the Canadian branch of Monsanto using their web form:

Your willingness to play God with our food supply is becoming one of humanities largest Existential threats, and I would kindly ask you to stop what you are doing now, before you take it too far.

Your technology should be reserved for off-world argriculture as we begin to colonize our Solar system and universe. But here? On Earth?

As a conclave of scientists and smart people, should you not already know that the best genetic engineer and provider of food is an untouched, unmolested Earth?

How can you put our entire Future Global Food system at risk, just to satisfy the temporary and present needs of your investors?

What will your families and their families eat in the next decade or two when your arrogance has depleted Earths natural genetic food supply and left us with crops and crops of malformed, inedible frankenfood?

Please, for the sake of our future and for the sake of our precious (and only) planet, stop what you are doing, before it's too late.

Stop being an evil corporation, and for the love of all that we hold dear, find your honor and your valour, and do what no other corporation would ever do: Focus on the needs of our planet and our species, not just the needs of your investors.

Cheers,

R**** S******

It's a long shot in the dark to expect that my email could change the way of things for such a dastardly greedy corporation that plays with the very essence of our survival on this little blue dot in the cold cosmos for its immediate and temporary profit margins. But, if enough people start warning them in this fashion, perhaps they will take notice. And if they don't, they've been warned, and should expect what We the People will do to that which threatens our very survival.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:00 am » by Phoenix rising

I applaud your efforts.. a few more like you is exactly what the world needs.. sadly all this will be to them is arse paper, you have my respect for the effort thought :clapper: :clapper: :cheers: :hugging:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:07 am » by Hurtswhenipee

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:22 am » by Istvan12

Best of luck.

I hope you get a real response other then the one I got saying that they have received my email and will forward it to the correct department (I'm thinking trash bin)

I've even sent emails to my premier, whom said it isn't up to the province but the Canadian Health board, and sent email to them who says they get their rulings from WHO but also mentioned that Canadian stores can label GMO foods if they want to, but is up to them to do so.

Basicly just a way of passing the buck with someone pocketing the money.

Please post if you get a real reply :)

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:30 am » by Hurtswhenipee

istvan12 wrote:Best of luck.

I hope you get a real response other then the one I got saying that they have received my email and will forward it to the correct department (I'm thinking trash bin)

I've even sent emails to my premier, whom said it isn't up to the province but the Canadian Health board, and sent email to them who says they get their rulings from WHO but also mentioned that Canadian stores can label GMO foods if they want to, but is up to them to do so.

Basicly just a way of passing the buck with someone pocketing the money.

Please post if you get a real reply :)

I think the magic number is 25 to where they take notice.
It is sort of like the Nielsen Rating you know one house equals 100,000 homes.

Writer

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:31 am » by Epipsyche

I also wanted to pat you on the back for this.

For every 100 individuals who will curse the Monsanto Company on the internet there is (maybe) 1 who will ever reach out and make any kind of "real world" difference.

Your activism puts you in that 1%.

Kudos to you. :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:37 am » by Hurtswhenipee

epipsyche wrote:I also wanted to pat you on the back for this.

For every 100 individuals who will curse the Monsanto Company on the internet there is (maybe) 1 who will ever reach out and make any kind of "real world" difference.

Your activism puts you in that 1%.

Kudos to you. :flop:

Mahalo Nui Loa (Hawiian)

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 5:27 am » by Hurtswhenipee

newssniffer wrote:After catching the Front page of DTV, a story about how Monsanto is threatening to sue the American State of Vermont if they force them by law to label all GMO food (story here), I felt the need to reach out and let them know how I felt.

I sent this to the Canadian branch of Monsanto using their web form:

Your willingness to play God with our food supply is becoming one of humanities largest Existential threats, and I would kindly ask you to stop what you are doing now, before you take it too far.

Your technology should be reserved for off-world argriculture as we begin to colonize our Solar system and universe. But here? On Earth?

As a conclave of scientists and smart people, should you not already know that the best genetic engineer and provider of food is an untouched, unmolested Earth?

How can you put our entire Future Global Food system at risk, just to satisfy the temporary and present needs of your investors?

What will your families and their families eat in the next decade or two when your arrogance has depleted Earths natural genetic food supply and left us with crops and crops of malformed, inedible frankenfood?

Please, for the sake of our future and for the sake of our precious (and only) planet, stop what you are doing, before it's too late.

Stop being an evil corporation, and for the love of all that we hold dear, find your honor and your valour, and do what no other corporation would ever do: Focus on the needs of our planet and our species, not just the needs of your investors.

Cheers,

R**** S******

It's a long shot in the dark to expect that my email could change the way of things for such a dastardly greedy corporation that plays with the very essence of our survival on this little blue dot in the cold cosmos for its immediate and temporary profit margins. But, if enough people start warning them in this fashion, perhaps they will take notice. And if they don't, they've been warned, and should expect what We the People will do to that which threatens our very survival.

Sorry sniffer I am so self absorbed that I thought epipsyche was talking to me when it was you . I am very active in this struggle too. You are to be applauded.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 am » by Bandanko

I sincerely hope you used a fake IP or a cybercafe computer, because "they" now know who you are and what you stand for...

I reckon you've made it onto their list mate :flop:

Writer

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 6:23 am » by Epipsyche

Major pats on the back to BOTH of you! :flop: :flop: :flop:

Next