Tesco now promoting GM foods!

Initiate

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 11:14 am » by Blackbarbie

drjones wrote:
blackbarbie wrote:i cant stand dark chocolate but i love green and blacks organic hot chocolate its the nicest hot choc around. Ive never been much of a chocolate person i mean ive got a box of lindt lindor choc upstairs, i think ive had one since easter so.. im definatly going to start looking into what im eating though because it effects us ridiculously. and cadburys :hell: :ohno: :o cannot believe it. Im going to be looking into their choc as mum eats their choc all the time. She loves it.

thank you :flop:

Thanks Barbie,this has been fun huh :lol: Anyway people should be FREE to choose what they want but the information i think once people are made aware of it(Which for the most part is the main issue)is so clear cut it sends a signal to the brain immediately,a bit like..DANGER...WARNING....NOT GOOD....and finally...WAKE UP...what else am i doing wrong :look: .I'm learning every day myself about how my body works and what best way to treat it.I've just run a marathon by the way 3hrs 25mins,i feel great,my legs are a bit sore,but they will rebuild and be all the more stronger. :flop:
I know many people say that marathon running is bad for the joints etc etc and i agree that it is quite a stressful event for the body to handle,but it does'nt quit on you that's for sure 8-) ...i dont think god gave us legs and arms a supercomputer machine in our head and 100 odd thousand miles of blood vessels to sit on our asses all day long and watch relaity tv did he/she/it :?: :oops:
Just my opinion... :cheers:

Good for you. Your right too we arnt made to sit on our bums and watch tv all day.
:cheers:
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 pm » by Drjones

We're made to move Barbie definetely,to interact with the Earth environment,to experience it..to learn from it...all the tv magazines and computer games nowadays are depriving people of their god gvien rights and they dont even know it,they are not the slightest bit aware of it. :shock:
Albeit though the good news is that there are thousands/millions going on billions hopefully of people who are waking up to their supreme maginifience in the cosmos and starting to see like me for the very first time how much :bullshit: they have been and are surrounded by :look:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 1:43 pm » by Cornbread714

concrete wrote:http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/270101

The only thing GM food helps are the companies with patents on the alterations. Monsanto has been at it for years. What the India article fails to mention is that Monsanto is also heavily involved with the selling of crop seeds in India.

After typing the above. Found this. It would apear what Monsanto have done with their products is make things a heck of alot worse than excpected.

http://www.france24.com/en/20090418-sup ... d-US-crops

Great articles, both of these. The more I find out about Monsanto and the other big chemical agricultural dependency schemes, the more upset I get. Organic is obviously the way to go. The organic food market is steadily growing (no pun intended) and I think people are starting to realize that the schemes that these guys have foisted on us are not only unhealthy and greed-driven, but THEY DON"T EVEN WORK!
They poison the land and the people and they throw everything so far out of balance that it's always more herbicides, more chemicals, until the soil is useless.
Good ol' Mother Nature knows how to replenish and sustain.
If you work with Nature, you thrive.
If you work against Nature, you die. :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 2:32 pm » by Drjones

Brilliant cornbread,i sent an email to Monsanto about that...you know,work WITH mother nature not AGAINST IT,then i completely questioned the legitamacy of their company and made it quite clear that in my opinion GM crops are an abomination and must be stopped before they cause too much damage...Glad to see you support the organic farmers cornbread.I'm just back from a small grocery shop myself,at my local sainsbury's....Got organic strawberries(Half price)...Organic kiwi fruits,ripe and ready to eat,organic goats milk,2 organic wholemeal loaves of bread,organic cordial(Half price),organic spring onions,organic cooked beetroot,organic bananas...you get the picture and to those who think for some reason organic is more expensive,well i got all this and a whole lot more for £15...BARGAIN if you ask me,especially to safeguard myself and my families health and i am supporting the environment at the same time :sunny:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm » by Cornbread714

It's one of the best and easiest ways we can actually do something for the good of the planet and ourselves.
Spaceships and shadowy plots are interesting, but there should little disagreement on this subject. It's a win-win-win situation when you buy organic.
You're helping your self.
You're helping the planet.
You're helping small farmers. (Some organic farms are huge and questionable in their methods, however - just because a product is certified organic doesn't mean there's not a greedy corporation behind it - just try to buy local and investigate the source if you can. But if you buy any organic product, it's still an economic vote for sustainable agriculture)
If you buy more organic, the prices will go down.

You're voting with your food dollar. :sunny:

I'm not 100% organic in my diet, and sometimes it is out of my price range or inconvenient to buy all organic, but I'm trying to be conscious of my choices. That's a good place to start, I think. :sunny:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 pm » by Blackbarbie

drjones wrote:We're made to move Barbie definetely,to interact with the Earth environment,to experience it..to learn from it...all the tv magazines and computer games nowadays are depriving people of their god gvien rights and they dont even know it,they are not the slightest bit aware of it. :shock:
Albeit though the good news is that there are thousands/millions going on billions hopefully of people who are waking up to their supreme maginifience in the cosmos and starting to see like me for the very first time how much :bullshit: they have been and are surrounded by :look:

I completely agree with this statement. Lets just hope people are waking up. :flop:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 4:46 pm » by Cornbread714

concrete wrote:I've reflected on this issue for a long time. I came from a farming family in the middle of nowhere. Saskatchewan. The family grew beef and grain feed, to sell. Yet, gran and gramps had almost 2 acres set aside to grow food for the family (it was a big family). We all learned how to plant, what to plant, and how to rotate etc. Not one chemical was used on these. We would spent the day spraying the 'cash crop' however, in fact, we were given incentives to do it.

'Organic' food is a con.

Whose conning who? Do these 2 statements really make sense together?

And are you really suggesting grafting is the same as gene-splicing?
And it's not just the manipulation of genes, it's the manipulation of the entire agricultural industry and us as well.

Please watch this documentary and then give me your opinions, and while you're at it, please read The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hErvV5YEHkE

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 pm » by Drjones

Ok,ok...let's set things straight,we have to eat right...hmm,thought so....we can either eat
1-Come 2012-GMO's for breakfast lunch and dinner or 2-NON organic food or 3-ORGANIC food(Or whatever concrete considers that to be,it will still be better than GMO or non organic rght).. :oops:
So it does'nt matter what argument you throw at Organic produce,it always wins,this is the way to feed the population,i think common sense will prevail. :flop:
I've actually been to a local organic farm and the farmers there DO take a pride in their product and DO NOT EVER use fertilisers or pesticides 8-)
Damn people just google organic food,then pesticide ingredients etc,you'll see what i'm on about... :cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 pm » by Drjones

I also agree m8,great thinking.Glad to see that recent additions to this forum have been extremely constructive and sensible. :flop: :flop:
Yeah you just know that Monsanto and the biotech industry are salivatig at the prospect of taxing the hell out of us and organic farming,there's no way on Earth that they can get away with that,aslong as people are out there making noise about stuff and not rolling over and playing fetch then they will have a hard time.The bad ideas always seem to crop up every now and then and GMO's is one of them,also Codex Alimentarius in another,this world is literally full of insane evil people it has to be,where's all the progress in the 21st century,so we have to take ten steps back to make one giant leap forward,perhaps,im holding onto the faith in my fellow humans that we know what is universally right from wrong :sunny:

Initiate

PostTue Apr 21, 2009 8:12 pm » by Blackbarbie

That is a really good point you made dr.jones even if it is grown in soil that is bad it will still beat gm food and non organic because its still grown without the added nasties of the world.

Barbie =] xx

PreviousNext