Tesco now promoting GM foods!

Initiate
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:32 am

PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:14 pm » by Chashmere


karmageddon wrote:i would have liked to sign the petition :cry:
it should not be only for the UK... :idea:
but a worldwide petition
we are all concerned! :hugging:

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monlink.cfm

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:38 pm » by Drjones


Cheers Cashmere,Monsanto are out of control and need to be stopped,and they will be :banana:
Image

Initiate
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:58 pm

PostFri Apr 24, 2009 8:13 pm » by Blackbarbie


hi guys just to update everyone ive had a reply from tesco to my letter and email. My letter said exactly the same as the email which was silly. however i did email back about if gm is used in the feed of the animals as it didnt mention anything about that. The person has said they are going to look into it and contact me within 7 days. And!! one other thing they said which has annoyed me is the fact that on the letter they called me a mr! and im most certainatly a miss!! i think they did that on purpose because i said i would stop my custom from them. haha . i guess i brought it on my self then. I also wondered if dr.Jones had got a reply?

Barbie xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostSat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 am » by Drjones


blackbarbie wrote:hi guys just to update everyone ive had a reply from tesco to my letter and email. My letter said exactly the same as the email which was silly. however i did email back about if gm is used in the feed of the animals as it didnt mention anything about that. The person has said they are going to look into it and contact me within 7 days. And!! one other thing they said which has annoyed me is the fact that on the letter they called me a mr! and im most certainatly a miss!! i think they did that on purpose because i said i would stop my custom from them. haha . i guess i brought it on my self then. I also wondered if dr.Jones had got a reply?

Barbie xx



Hi Barbie,
Good on you for emailing them,the more of us the better.We are not the only ones,surely.
Anyway,i have not had a reply from Tescos,not really bothered to be honest,they must have read my email,i told them that i would not be shopping there ever again... :oops:
What's the point of replying they probably think..great customer service huh :oops:
Image

Initiate
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:58 pm

PostSat May 16, 2009 5:17 pm » by Blackbarbie


After waiting a week to hear back from tescos they told me the exact same thing..

So the way i see it is that in their non organic meat the animals eat gmos which are undoubtedly seeping into us. Dr.jones youve had it right all a long eat the organic stuff as its the good stuff the only problem with that is there is no organic restaurants or organic coffee houses. I love my hot choc and my restaurant food. Also there is one organic sandwich shop near me but... its not fully organic. damn...

what is the world coming to???

Barbie =] xx :hugging:
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostSat May 16, 2009 7:24 pm » by Drjones


blackbarbie wrote:After waiting a week to hear back from tescos they told me the exact same thing..

So the way i see it is that in their non organic meat the animals eat gmos which are undoubtedly seeping into us. Dr.jones youve had it right all a long eat the organic stuff as its the good stuff the only problem with that is there is no organic restaurants or organic coffee houses. I love my hot choc and my restaurant food. Also there is one organic sandwich shop near me but... its not fully organic. damn...

what is the world coming to???

Barbie =] xx :hugging:


Thanks Barbie,i just had organic chicken breast fillets fried in olive oil,and i tell you,you aint ever had a chicken breast in your life until you have one of these babies.I urge you and anyone else that is interested in good food and healthy eating to give it a try asap.Wow.I'm thinking to myself too that stuff like this may become a thing of the past..or not...hopefully not.
There is a BIG demand for organic produce.I have a fortnightly order now from damhead.co.uk they offer excellent quality organic fruit and veg etc delivered to your door,delivery is free.I would also urge people to have an organic fruit and veg box delivered too and start to support organic farming which is the only way basically over the next 50 years that us humans should be feeding ourselves and maintaining the planet,the organic box schemes are really great and the prices are good too.Afterall for me what i put in my mouth is pretty important,no sex jokes please.. :oops:
Anyway..BARBIE,you should probably do what i do and that is if at work or going somewhere take a pre-prepared meal with you,organic preferably...stuff you like..and live off that.I tend to find that a few organically made sandwiches(4),a bottle of water and a few pieces of fruit will get me through the day,functioning well till i get home and then i can indulge myself in my organic heaven of a kitchen...I do take some supplements also..spirulina and chlorella and usually extra magnesium,but that's mainly because i do alot of sports... :mrcool:
The only thing we can do as consumers if we truly care about ourselves and the planet and the future of our species and i see no reason not to be doing this unless you are on psychotrophic drugs :shock: is SUPPORT ORGANIC food as much as you can wherever you can and try your best to educate others,which can be a frightening experience believe you me. :scary: :D
All the best Barbie,your body is an amazing construction,a gift from the creator of the universe,it can deal with just about anything we throw at it but it will work so much more wonderfully well if we put into it the healthiest food we can,and that'd be organic.I swear i have a spiritual connection to the palnet now,Gaaia springs to mind,it's a great feeling that you have a symbiotic realationship with planet(mother) Earth... :sunny:
Go organic as much as you can and feel the difference after 3 months,no joke. :flop:
Image

Initiate
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:58 pm

PostMon May 18, 2009 2:34 pm » by Blackbarbie


Heinz beans have modified cornflour in, is this the modified as in gm??

Any info would be great xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 12:34 pm » by Drjones


blackbarbie wrote:Heinz beans have modified cornflour in, is this the modified as in gm??

Any info would be great xx


I don't believe so Barbie..it's like the modified starch,that throws people off...Hey you really should email heinz and ask them...but most importantly if you really like you baked beans in a tin like me...then go ORGANIC woman...Sainsbury's so organic baked beans are pretty good,as good as if not better than Heinz...but THE VERY BEST baked beans in a tin i've found are the ones made by the organic food company WHOLE EARTH...very tasty,you need to try them and let me know what you think....as you will be able to see from the link/ingredients list the beans are in a deliciously different sauce... :banana:

http://www.wholeearthfoods.com/products ... ked-beans/
Image

Initiate
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:58 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 5:33 pm » by Blackbarbie


We've got one of these shops in town ill pop in and try them =] xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 13293
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:27 pm

PostTue May 19, 2009 6:18 pm » by Drjones


blackbarbie wrote:We've got one of these shops in town ill pop in and try them =] xx


:flop:
Image


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook