Tesco now promoting GM foods!

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 pm » by Drjones

Yeah,like i said last week with the news that Tesco were now to stock a GM potato the latest news for anti-GM folk like me is horrendous... :help:

'Tesco chief executive Sir Terry Leahy has signalled that the retailer is willing to back genetically modified (GM) foods, saying consumer attitudes have changed and it has a vital part to play. He added that there also seemed to be a growing appreciation by people that GM was likely to play "a vital role in feeding the world, in adapting to climate change and indeed in producing some of these more nutritional products - foods - that people will need".' :badair: :help:

One particular part of the article that really pisses me off is this statement to further validate the legitamacy of having these GM frankestein crops is... :hell:

"The tragedy in terms of human loss and starvation has been in Africa. :censored: :help:

Africa huh,like we could not have helped them bloody ages ago,this GM issue IS NOT ABOUT FEEDING THE PLANET...tell me when THEY the powers at be have ever cared about YOU or ME....They are going for broke now in terms of pushing this planet to the brink of destrcution-YES THEY ARE EVIL,we live in troubled times... :help:

Full article here-feel free to be sick at this development like me- :cry:
http://www.farminguk.com/news/United-Ki ... .11436.asp

THERE IS NO FOOD CRISIS,NO GLOBAL WARMING...the REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THE EARTH,IT'S RESOURCES,IT'S INHABITANTS ARE BEING MISMANAGED... :censored:
Now i'm not a bible man,but i know what the "good book" says and that's just exactly that,that this will happen in the last days..things will get worse...unbearable for the man or woman who has his/hers sanity in tact :help:

Initiate

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm » by Blackbarbie

This is just taking the mickey! I dont get why any supermarket would like to stock a mutated piece of food. You know what the weirdest and most abnormal thing about GM is, is the fact that it has been changed at a dna level. It has'nt been sprayed, cut or grown differently it has been changed at a level which mother nature has made so protected and so hard to read that only certain people can read it; never mind change it. The other day on this morning they actually grew dna. WHYY??? why show our kids who are already fu :censored: ed from advertising and our new way of life how to grow it? Im sorry but the whole GM thing for me has to be stopped now!! :hell:

"The tragedy in terms of human loss and starvation has been in Africa. - my backside!
The only thing thats killing all those people over there is our governments. They would rather go to war with Iraq then go to africa and help all those people build houses, villages, schools, hospitals etc.

GM food isnt going to save them its going to kill them! GM has to stop now.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/StopGMcrops/ sign Dr jones' petition please. :flop:

barbie =] xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm » by Drjones

blackbarbie wrote:This is just taking the mickey! I dont get why any supermarket would like to stock a mutated piece of food. You know what the weirdest and most abnormal thing about GM is, is the fact that it has been changed at a dna level. It has'nt been sprayed, cut or grown differently it has been changed at a level which mother nature has made so protected and so hard to read that only certain people can read it; never mind change it. The other day on this morning they actually grew dna. WHYY??? why show our kids who are already fu :censored: ed from advertising and our new way of life how to grow it? Im sorry but the whole GM thing for me has to be stopped now!! :hell:

"The tragedy in terms of human loss and starvation has been in Africa. - my backside!
The only thing thats killing all those people over there is our governments. They would rather go to war with Iraq then go to africa and help all those people build houses, villages, schools, hospitals etc.

GM food isnt going to save them its going to kill them! GM has to stop now.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/StopGMcrops/ sign Dr jones' petition please. :flop:

barbie =] xx

Hey Barbie,i dont know if anyone else is paying attention but i am glad you are :flop: and also that for me is your best post on the site to date :banana: ...I'm really starting to like your comments as you appear to me anyways to have a good concept of what is right and wrong in this mad world :flop: ....I just can't believe the whole GM issue and that free humans the world over are not revolting against it :ohno: ,not to mention the folks who are actually funding this research,how can they do this to the planet :?: ,to mother nature as you say.. :yell: Of which we should have so much respect for to work WITH IT not against which is exactly what GMO's are...let me shudder for a few minutes.. :scary:
The really bad thing is that Tesco's seems to be now pro-GMO's where previously they were ANTI GMO's,so that's troublesome and also the fact that "Lord" Sainsbury,yes the guy that runs that other supermarket is heavilly involved in GMO research so common sense now would surely dictate that they will follow suit. :help:
Well what can I do :?: ,well right now i am going to email firstly Tesco's to tell them that i will not be shopping there again EVER and i will also be emailing Sainsbury's asking them to NOT DO what "their rival" is doing which is supporting GM food stocks for their shelves for ultimately us,the customers/humans to consume.That's plain wrong :!:
GMO's are an abomanation to the natural world and they are destined to fail any moron can see this :censored: ...but the failure may come at a huge costs to us and the planet and all life on it.....
Aaaaarrghhh.. :help:
Hope you too can contact Tesco and voice your displeasure at their NEW STANCE on GMO's...

People power can affect things but we have to get active and "just do it"... :!:

Check out the SAINSBURY'S laboratory http://www.tsl.ac.uk/

"Although the Laboratory's primary mission is to perform world class, curiosity-driven research, its policy is also to protect and exploit any intellectual property for the public good."
:headscratch: :help:

Furthermore,i found this elsewhere,you could go on all day but it is clear to me what the agenda is here:GM crops feeding the world.. :scary: :ohno:

The Sainsbury Laboratory, which researches GM crops, has received a 400% increase in government funding since Labour came to power in 1997, with grants of GBP8.7m. :help:

I WANNA SEE SOME GODAMN ACTION HERE ON DISCLOSE WITH REGARDS TO GM CROPS :!: ...this is a very serious issue for us all :help: ....I'm sure i will read points on how GM crops are good but i just can't agree with that even 1%...It seems with the governments there is plenty of money going around,how bout we just use THAT SAME MONEY to educate the African famers and anyone else ME even and give them the seeds to grow ORGANIC crops for themselves and their families.. :?: It's a simple solution really,our fellow man is ridiculously enslaved... :oops:
I'm getting so pissed off again... :!:

Initiate

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 8:09 pm » by Blackbarbie

drjones wrote:how bout we just use THAT SAME MONEY to educate the African famers and anyone else ME even and give them the seeds to grow ORGANIC crops for themselves and their families.. :?: It's a simple solution really,our fellow man is ridiculously enslaved... :oops:

Good point there they should definatly put that money into education. Or give it to the farmers and help.. Also i dont know why people ar'nt bothered by GM because when someone they know comes out in a dodgy rash after eating a GM crop then what are they going to say?
You say how can they do this to the planet? the only thing i can say is for money. Money makes the world go round. Good luck emailing them. Im going to email and im also going to ask my mother to. Shes extremely good with words :flop: Also send me an update when you have recived a reply.

Its not going to save the world and they know it is'nt as well as we do.

Barbie =] xx

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 8:20 pm » by Drjones

Thanks Barbie,well you say it may not save the world,who knows :?:
I think if more and more people can take a stand against something and for me GM crops is one of the easier ones to do that with cos it is just plain common sense like:God whatever that is makes the universe and everything in it,including OUR brains and OUR crops,but they are really his crops :lol:
I think at the end of the day to imagine that we humans can for one millisecond outhink the force that created this universe and everything in it that that would be a very foolish course to pursue.I am saddened by the lack of replies to this post outwith your goodself Barbie,so thanks for the post.

I'll get back to you with anything else i get including replies from Tesco and Sainsburys.
:flop:

Well as you seemingly can't contact Tesco by email then i'll just have to send them a written letter instead.. :banana:

Initiate

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 pm » by Blackbarbie

Lol. Go dr Jones!!

I just cant believe hardly anyone on here realy cares too much about GM i really did think they would be all for it. Maybe the masses really do like the idea of ' feeding the africans mutated food.' Im not sure why but... whatever floats the boat i suppose.

Do you think theres any other alternative ideas as to why they might want this pushing forward? and why they want to bring it to our supermarkets? I didnt think they would want people to eat it as theyre already spraying us and that could be a mix up.
hmm... population reduction? only thing i can think of.

Hopefully we can do something.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 3:15 pm » by Drjones

blackbarbie wrote:Lol. Go dr Jones!!

I just cant believe hardly anyone on here realy cares too much about GM i really did think they would be all for it. Maybe the masses really do like the idea of ' feeding the africans mutated food.' Im not sure why but... whatever floats the boat i suppose.

Do you think theres any other alternative ideas as to why they might want this pushing forward? and why they want to bring it to our supermarkets? I didnt think they would want people to eat it as theyre already spraying us and that could be a mix up.
hmm... population reduction? only thing i can think of.

Hopefully we can do something.

Yeah population reduction sounds very likely with regards to GMO's,it will also affect our bodies in such a way,i believe,so it will function even less efficiently than it does at present... :help:
We humans are proving a stubborn bunch for "them" and it really pisses them off that they do not yet know "everything"...they actually do believe that they will one day know everything and control it..hence the GM crops being made,the LHC being built and numerous other "grandios" projects around the globe :ohno: .It's all smoke and mirrors before you get to the REAL TRUTH which as we know from past experience can't be very good for the vast majority of us.I mean take Africa for instance,those folks have been dying there since i was born.You then just visit ANY supermarket,i actually worked in one once and the amount of food that is thrown out in just one day is staggering... :bang;

Again i say GMO's for the betterment of mankind and the planet :?: HELL NO.. :badair:

Initiate

PostWed Feb 25, 2009 2:20 pm » by Blackbarbie

Whats the LHC may i ask? Also if this slows us down then how are we going to fight them? because we wont be able to. It just makes me think though.. why would they want to know everything because when they do what will happen? they'll probably die and we'll have to start all over again.
Also Dr Jones i know this has nothing to do with GM but what do you think is most likely to happen in 2012? As if they do slow us down and something happens in 2012 then we cant do anything about that either.

barbie =] xx

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 am » by Drjones

Thanks again Barbie,you have a nice way with words :flop:
Well the LHC stands for the Large Hadron Collider,you can google that :look: .Basically they're trying to recreate the conditions present round about the time the big bang happened.Anyways that's what we are being told. :think:
As for 2012,i think this is going to be a good thing :sunny: .You should try and download the recent documentary that i watched 2012:science or superstition,it's pretty good,has alot of different view points. :flop: Should help you figure it out a bit more....
Well like i always say with all this stuff:time will tell but it is good to talk about all this with an open mind.Speak to you later. :flop:

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 am » by Drjones

Oh yeah i got a reply from Sainsbury's with regards to their current policy on introducing GM foods....but like Tesco they could change their mind anytime...
Here's the brief email,i had initially contacted them praising yet again all their lovely organic own brand products,they really are good by the way. :flop:

Dear Mr x(Obviously i am not mrx) :lol:

Thank you for your email and for letting us know how much you enjoy our organic products.

Customer feedback is something we are always grateful for, especially when we are getting things right..

I can see that you would also like to know if, like our competitors, we’re going to introduce genetically modified products to our range. I’d like to advise you that we’ve no plans to sell these products in our stores.

Thank you again for your positive comments.

Kind regards

Leanne Stringer

Customer Manager

So for the moment SHOP at Sainsbury's NOT Tesco :flop:

Next