Tesco to stock GM potato

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 2:41 am » by Alexrubic

drjones wrote:Yes Alex contrary to what your "superior" intellectual powers may tell you :lol: I really DO participate in proper research.. :help: :think: :headscratch:

Forgive me but I have studied for and gained certificates/diplomas in various aspects of fitness and nutrition and have studied this particular facet of nutrition for 6 years so it tends to rankle when I keep reading the same pro-vegetarian propaganda!

You really should check out (if you haven't already) http://www.beyondveg.com which has many contributions by vegetarians and vegans (some ex and some still current) they tend to give much more honest and scientific information on the subject then some other more 'evangelical' pro-veggie sites! Check out the 'Waking up from the fruitarian dream-time' section in particular.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 am » by Drjones

Hey Alex m8..I've been studying fitness and nutrition for a good 10 years,i have my diploma too :flop: ..Unlike many of the "fitness instructors" out there i actually practise what i preach...I'll read about a supplement/food etc....then i'll try it...I'll read about a particular training method...and i'll try it.I have the Lochaber marathon to look forward to in around 10 weeks.
So that should test my mental,physical and spiritual capacity pretty well,i dunno,i know a few folks who do the ultra-non stop marathons of like 100km so the marthon is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what the human body can actually achieve.You also have to check out the running accomplishments of Dean Karnazes :shock:
It's all in the mind as they say :headscratch:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 pm » by Alexrubic

Well, I was in the gym training and studying for my diploma going on twenty years ago and I also practice what I preach with regard to nutrition - which is my prime enduring passion - the exercise side of things I have lost interest in because most of it (aside from weight training) is counter-productive and over-hyped by the fitness industry, which is just looking to profit from various training contraptions and gym memberships!

There's nothing wrong with eating your fruit and veg if you enjoy them, as long as you do not rely entirely on the plant kingdom for nourishment (possible but not optimum), it's just that their essentiality to health has been overstated and does not have any science to back it up!

I also think this ties in with the NWO plan to decimate the world's population through the their food supply. By funding the various pro-vegetarian lobby groups through the years (as well as the anti-animal food pressure groups), they have caused many people to turn increasingly to vegetarianism, with its reliance on grains and pulses (like soy) for protein. Even the Nazis knew, from experimentation, that a slow and painless form of euthanasia was to feed people on potato and cabbage soup exclusively!

Now with the (possibly chemtrail/HAARP) weather control capabilities at the disposal of the NWO they can turn the 'grain baskets' of America into dust bowls through drought, decrease the food supply and increase prices (allied to the 'credit crunch') and cause malnutrition and starvation for those who rely on those foods as staples in their diets! Same goes for GM - they are mainly crops like wheat, corn and soy beans, are they not?
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm » by Drjones

Hey Alex....slow down...someone STOP the bus for this man...lol.

You say:
"The exercise side of things I have lost interest in because most of it (aside from weight training) is counter-productive and over-hyped by the fitness industry, which is just looking to profit from various training contraptions and gym memberships!"

That has to be....in my opinion.....one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever read.But like i say,this is just my opinion.... :headscratch:
Alex..."Aside from weight training"...most of it is counter-productive :?:
I "get" what you mean i suppose with the various "contraptions" out there,i'm more old school myself...
Anyways i'd say THE MOST important factor in improving the human body and thus your own personal level of fitness would be CARDIO-VASCULAR work..I personally recommend this as THE NO-1 aspect to focus on and that weight training although useful is done to compliment the endurance work..defintely :flop: .I've never seen the point in being able to lift very heavy weights even if you look really good :headscratch: but yet you can't even run 100 yards :lol: ,ALOT of guys are like this..they have huge muscles but they can't participate in most sports/activities because of them :headscratch:-that's NOT fitness to me :!: .Also on the nutrition side then alot of the guys also are taking ridiculous amounts of protein shakes,stimulants and testosterone boosters etc etc...I'm not into all that..the sports supplements market is absolutely enormous.
Well on a personal note since i have decided to take my training to another level i have never felt better... :flop: ....I've not ran a full marathon for 2 years,mostly half marathon and 10 k's,a few triathlons and duathlons also..(No joke).... :shock: Anyways,the whole point of endurance work and why i think it is very imporatant is that well,you break your body down,yeah,but you rest,you eat right,get the extra protein in you too and then it's builds back stronger....you not only have the physical aspects of becoming far stronger but on an inner spiritual level in particualar with running makes to tougher and far less likely to "give up"...
I can vouch for all this....Oh yeah i forgot to mention how much of an amazing stress buster it is too...it's a huge list...best thing is...it's mostly free...and the results you can't buy no matter how rich you are... 8-)
Exercise IS GOOD 110% no doubt in my mind and it should be one of the first things,especially in todays world on any doctors prescription 8-)

Initiate

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 am » by Alexrubic

I'm not going to argue a point or try to convert you but just so you know what I am talking about/where I am coming from:

I do not rate conventional CV work at all - not even jogging! And don't get me started on marathons 'cos I know you are a marathoner!

To me it is all down to intensity and intervals. The human body has evolved on juxtaposing long(ish) intervals of low intensity activity (brisk walking/hiking/tracking) interspersed with very short but very intense bursts of all out activity (hence weights or sprinting) and of course (most important) rest and recuperation.

Most animals (including man) don't really (naturally) do long duration moderate intensity activity like hours of running/jogging, etc. The body only adapts to momentary overload...if you continue for long periods within your current capabilities the body has no stimulus to adapt and will merely 'down-regulate' a great many factors - both physical and metabolic - not all of these changes are best for long-term health.

For example, most forward-thinking cardiologist are more likely to advise heart-attack/surgery patients to do weight training, as opposed to the more traditional CV work, in order to recover and strengthen and improve cardiovascular function!

Anyhow that's where I currently stand on exercise. I don't expect you'll agree it's just by way of explanation.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 11:24 am » by Drjones

You know i respect your views Alex but i do believe you are now talking out of your ass.
I only read the first few sentences,this is not because i am a marathoner....i enjoy this activity.
Yes it is stressul for the human body but how do you know that you can achieve with it if you never try... :sunny: you know FEAR FEAR FEAR :top: ... belief is an important factor i'd say.

And i know for some ridiculous reason you seem to be anti CV...which is very sad for me to read...but you seem to be pro weight training :headscratch: ....there was a recent study done that showed that weight training ONLY athletes actually has an increased risk of developing cardiomopathy(you know an enlarging of the heart)..this was versus endurance athletes...not good. :rtft:
So i'm not anti weight training at all but BOTH CV and weight training should be combined...

Next subject please...end of discussion :oops:

I think Alex you are one of those guys that would always "have something to say" and i'm not knowcking you for that but being like this tends to hold people back alot...myself included...until i started to run marathons...i was like..this is awesome and ive never felt so damn good in my entire life,so if they are so bad for you then what is that :?: :mrgreen:

"Know little we do"..."Honest about life we must be".....anyways that's just my experience and of every other endurance athlete i know and train with they do it for the same reasons,it makes you feel really great... 8-)

Initiate

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm » by Alexrubic

Yes you are right it is fear...fear of expiring from a heart attack - as so many marathoners have done on, or just short of, the finish line! Didn't Jim Fixx (the inventor of the 'jogging' phenomenon) keel over with a heart attack - while out jogging?!

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM) is prevealent in the left ventricle of endurance athletes too! In strength atheletes this is only a problem if they take anabolic steroids - something I am strenuosly against.
Left ventricular hypertrophy is seen mainly in athletes participating in endurance sports.1 A conflict exists with regard to strength athletes.2 Recent investigations suggest that strength athletes who use anabolic steroids have increased left ventricular hypertrophic response to exercise2 compared with drug-free, sport matched athletes.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1769161
Next!

Master Conspirator

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm » by Drjones

I think Alex you are one of those guys that would always "have something to say" :lol:

Lucky for me i've had my echocardiogram and 24hour ECG.Heart is normal,i have all the exact sizes of the ventricles etc to the millimetre,it's pretty awesome :!:

Alex get your ass into the gym and on the treadmill m8 :oops: :lol:

Cardio-Vascular exercise...in my opinion is one of the if not THE MOST underlooked factor in people's lives... :flop: :flop:

Hey was'nt this post initially on the Tesco GM potato...that's life for you.. :oops: :headscratch:

"Respec"... :lol:

Initiate

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 pm » by Blackbarbie

well back to the point guys! LOL i cant stand gm and to be honest if tesco start putting gm crops on there shelves i will not be going there any longer gm is a big thing for me as i believe, like dr Jones, that we are human , god made food and whatever else for us we dont have to manipulate every last thing on this planet for consumption!!
I don't believe that it will help '3rd world countries' it will just poison them more. My mum once said to me that that's where they test everything. They poison the waters and airs and see what happens in that area, hence why there's so many weird looking babies with 2 heads and why on channel4s extraordinary people most of the people that were a bit abnormal were from those countries. So if we poison there food, air, and water then what will happen? another big disease will be born maybe become air born from all the chemicals reacting together in the bodies with their bodies.
GM is a no go for me! i personally think our way of life is wrong but that's my opinion and who am i to tell every1?

Barbie =[ xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Feb 20, 2009 2:33 pm » by Drjones

blackbarbie wrote:well back to the point guys! LOL i cant stand gm and to be honest if tesco start putting gm crops on there shelves i will not be going there any longer gm is a big thing for me as i believe, like dr Jones, that we are human , god made food and whatever else for us we dont have to manipulate every last thing on this planet for consumption!!
I don't believe that it will help '3rd world countries' it will just poison them more. My mum once said to me that that's where they test everything. They poison the waters and airs and see what happens in that area, hence why there's so many weird looking babies with 2 heads and why on channel4s extraordinary people most of the people that were a bit abnormal were from those countries. So if we poison there food, air, and water then what will happen? another big disease will be born maybe become air born from all the chemicals reacting together in the bodies with their bodies.
GM is a no go for me! i personally think our way of life is wrong but that's my opinion and who am i to tell every1?

Barbie =[ xx

Great post Barbie,you are wise to be against GMO's...yeah GOD,whatever that is to us,created everything on this planet,NOT US...and now we think we can actually do a better job than the damn creator of the universe....gimme a break...GM crops etc are the height of human ignorance...and will cause massive worlidwide problems.
Hey Barbie did you sign the GM petition i got up running at the no-10 downing street website..? :cheers:

PreviousNext