Tesco to stock GM potato

Initiate

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 pm » by Blackbarbie

i completly agree with that they are the height of human ignorance!! and messing with DNA and all things that make us and everything else that was given to us on the planet will be the death of everything.

Course i did!! cant stand it, the government need to do something about GM.

More people should sign!!!
Religion was made by a business man.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 1:33 pm » by Drjones

blackbarbie wrote:i completly agree with that they are the height of human ignorance!! and messing with DNA and all things that make us and everything else that was given to us on the planet will be the death of everything.

Course i did!! cant stand it, the government need to do something about GM.

More people should sign!!!

:flop: :flop:
:cheers:

Scary world when you can only get so few signatures for such a dangerous,possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS experiment ever...

Initiate

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 pm » by Alexrubic

Possibly because once the GM genie has been let out of the bottle it is nigh impossible to get him back in!

If GM crops are, and have been for some while, growing in the worlds corn, soy, wheat fields, etc., then the damage is done and those genes are loose in the wider world.

One can only hope and pray (or have faith) that the forces of 'natural selection' will eventually render these novel man-made genes impotent with the passage of time.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Master Conspirator

PostSat Feb 21, 2009 9:00 pm » by Drjones

Yeah m8,i'd agree with that assesment...I shudder at the thought of a worldwide dispersal of GM crops and that this feeds the planet.. :scary: :help:
Already,how can anybody..scientist or billionaire condone the creation of GM plants,animals and crops,this goes against EVERYTHING humanity stands for as far as i'm concerned. :censored:
The fact all of us believe in a higher power in the universe,something outwith our control right,something greater,something good,something that obviously intricately desgined every atom of this universe..How can WE who were MADE by this force for one second think that WE can do a better job....For F. :censored: sake humanity,the powers at be-WAKE THE F- :censored: UP MAN :!: :!: :!:

Work WITH nature to solve our woes,not against it...cos it's gonna really show us who is the boss if we do that,and we are...

Initiate

PostSun Feb 22, 2009 8:24 pm » by Blackbarbie

drjones wrote:,this goes against EVERYTHING humanity stands for as far as i'm concerned. :censored:
The fact all of us believe in a higher power in the universe,something outwith our control right,something greater,something good,something that obviously intricately desgined every atom of this universe..How can WE who were MADE by this force for one second think that WE can do a better job....For F. :censored: sake humanity,the powers at be-WAKE THE F- :censored: UP MAN :!: :!: :!:

Work WITH nature to solve our woes,not against it...cos it's gonna really show us who is the boss if we do that,and we are...

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!
it is extremely scary that a few names will sign against something that could go so terribly wrong. And what ive said previously on this post isnt half that could happen from GM crops. god damn its already happening. It goes against everything we as human beings stand for and i kno it goes against everything i stand for but is there even a way to stop it happening? like alex said the genie has been let out the bag although its not just a genie its a gentically modified genie that could in extreme worst case senario wipe out the earth. :hell: :yell:

Barbie =] xx
Religion was made by a business man.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 3:00 pm » by Alexrubic

Having finally followed the links you posted in the OP and clicked through to a couple more I realise that this potato - Vales Sovereign - is not genetically modified but selectively bred.

Selective breeding has been practised in agriculture since agriculture began 10-11,000 years ago. It is well within the remit of natural cultivation and most of the fruit and veg we eat today has been 'selectively bred'.

However, the recent announcement that Tesco, and other major supermarket chains, are considering a u-turn on the stocking of GM foods is a legitimate cause for concern.
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 pm » by Drjones

alexrubic wrote:Having finally followed the links you posted in the OP and clicked through to a couple more I realise that this potato - Vales Sovereign - is not genetically modified but selectively bred.

Selective breeding has been practised in agriculture since agriculture began 10-11,000 years ago. It is well within the remit of natural cultivation and most of the fruit and veg we eat today has been 'selectively bred'.

However, the recent announcement that Tesco, and other major supermarket chains, are considering a u-turn on the stocking of GM foods is a legitimate cause for concern.

Hold up....then how do you do the following WITHOUT any genetic modification,ok even if we bypass the GM...then the potato has been modified...SAME THING to me....
Clarification is much needed....as....

Scientists in Dundee claim to have developed an "environmentally sound" potato which needs less water and fertiliser than other varieties. :headscratch:

I duuno,how do you "develop" a potato without tampering with it.... :headscratch: :help:

My reply from Tesco DOES NOT DENY that this potato is GM is any way shape or form... :?: (I'd have expected him to say what Alex has just said but nothing)..

Thank you for your email regarding Genetically modified foods. We do not have any own-brand GM foods on our shelves, and use of GM feed is prohibited in organic products. We remain committed to clear labelling to enable customers to make an informed choice, and all branded products containing GM products are labelled as such. We will continue to regularly review our policy in line with scientific advice. All our own brand Organic meat excludes the use of GM feed. We are proud of our organics range, and have a long history of supporting organic farmers. We now have over 360 own brand Organic products. You can find out more information by visiting the following link: http://www.tescoplc.com/plc/corporate_responsibility/ :?:

:help:

So anyway what i can take from that email is that their is ALOT of GMO stuff already going on outwith the organic products then :scary: ...particularly the FEED of the non organic animal products,hope you are an organic man Alex... :?:

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm » by Dirtyrabbit

im doing a little bit of an experiment in my home and I wanted to know if anyone would like to join me.... you can do this any time but if you do this is what you will need
FOOD yep thats it..

I have this grapefruit in my fruit bowl... it has to be at least 3 months old..
now the sticker fell off a long time ago so I don't know where its from or the code on it...
but it has NOT changed!

we buy bread.. once it starts to smell a little funny I place it some where else to the side usually its the end of the bread I either give it to the birds or I save it to give to the fish... I grab a few kids we go for a walk and feed the fish down the street....

well here is what I am going to do and you can do this if you like...

any food that you have not finished or GM food you have found example fruit or vegies...
place this to the side some where date it when you bought it with a little note pad..
take one photo.. a week later do it again date and one photo
im going to try this with one fruit and some bread.. cause see when I buy bread the only thing that happens to it that tells you its not ok to eat it... is it smells a little funny but when I put it to the side sometimes it could be months yah know what? NO MOLD nada nothing its the same as the day I left it there its not even hard still the same just smells a little funny

to start your own little experiment
take photos and notes... after lets say 4 months take all your photos and make a slide show
most people have windows movie maker.. then get on youtube and post it...
put in the description what its all about... if enough of us do it the word will get out there is just something really messed up with the food we eat!
food should go bad after a while not last months with no changes!

ps yesterday I was out shopping I seen this wonderful tomato plant in the garden section OH how I love to grow tomatoes but I cant cause the soil here is too sandy and I have tried I just couldn't do it and the sun is too much for them... any ways I wanted to buy it I looked at the label to see if its not a altered modified there was no where on the label that said this... and im pretty sure it was I know these hybrid plants cant be good.. I want normal food! dang it it feels like nothing is normal any more!

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 06, 2009 6:13 pm » by Towelie

I got the same crappy responce from Tesco's, general lip service lol. Doesnt matter what the answer is though aslong as there having to answer for it they know were paying attension.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Previous