Tesco to stock GM potato

Master Conspirator

PostSun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 pm » by Drjones

Sorry folks i can't post any more on this as i read this on one of the news pages on UK teletext service,i was pretty shocked to say the least,especially as Tesco had a completely anti GM stance on their products.....I'm sure more on this story will surface very soon but it is breaking news at the moment and like i say...i am shocked :help:

The assault on our food has begun..are we still sleeping,i think so :evil:

GM food CANNOT and WILL NEVER BE SAFE...God,whoever that maybe,made all this amazing stuff on this planet for a reason-it works the way it does for a reason,the scientists these days are playing god more and more,this is the height of human ignorance....GM FOOD must be opposed at all costs...The people behind this like i have said before want to feed you this stuff cos it has been altered,thus when you eat it they will know what exact effect this will have on your physical and mental function.I bet if you investigated the GM issue and what exactly is being modified in the plants etc it will most likely have an effect on our nervous system/brain function...you know the plant gets altered to resist pests etc...but then the altered molecules of the plant enter your body and ALTER YOU...i mean this IS going to mutate US and all the natural world along with it.
We've all see the Matrix movies and what the REAL WORLD looked like :scary: and if humanity continues along this path of playing god it IS going to look something like that,a planet completely uninhabitable.. :hell:
STOP THIS MADNESS...BOYCOTT anything that is GM... :censored:

UPDATE-Here's the article-(Notice absolutely NO MENTION of GMO).. :hell:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tay ... 890537.stm

And the company responsible,the Scottish Monsanto...
http://www.scri.ac.uk/

A bit about the company,they are not involved in much really are they.. :help:

Our programmes span the disciplines of genetics and breeding, molecular and cellular biology, biotechnology, plant pathology (bacteriology, entomology, mycology, nematology and virology), plant physiology and cell biology, environmental science, plant chemistry and biochemistry, agronomy, molecular ecology, vegetation dynamics, bioremediation, serology, physics, mathematics, bioinformatics and statistics. Genetics and enhanced breeding of selected crops, and biotechnology, lie at the core of our research, development and training programmes and plant scientists from the University of Dundee are also based at SCRI.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Last edited by Drjones on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 am » by Alexrubic

I shop at Tesco. But I don't eat potatoes (or anything else from the plant kingdom!), so no worries there!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

James Thomson (1700-1748)

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 am » by Drjones

alexrubic wrote:I shop at Tesco. But I don't eat potatoes (or anything else from the plant kingdom!), so no worries there!

Explain :?: briefly Alex :flop:

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 am » by 7hidden7agenda7

drjones wrote:
alexrubic wrote:I shop at Tesco. But I don't eat potatoes (or anything else from the plant kingdom!), so no worries there!

I think he means he's a vampyre... or just generally carnivorous
:shock:
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 1:29 am » by Alexrubic

7hidden7agenda7 wrote:
drjones wrote:

I think he means he's a vampyre... or just generally carnivorous
:shock:

Yup - largely carnivorous. At least most of what I eat comes from the animal kingdom and not the plant kingdom.

All plants are inherently toxic as they do not have teeth and claws with which to defend themselves from predators nor can they run away!

I started off, three years ago, with a low carb/high fat diet and progressed from there. I've been largely carnivorous for the last ten months. In all that time I've suffered no health problems whatsoever, not so much as a sniffle!

This is why I tend to ignore all mainstream advice - including health and dietary advice (eat low fat, eat five servings of fruit and veg a day, eat whole grains, etc.) - because I think it is designed to make us physically weak and unhealthy!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 11:53 am » by Drjones

Well Alex i'd have to STRONGLY disagree with your eating philosophy,but hey,if it works for you and you are happy with it then :sunny:
Example...my uncle is 58 years old...drinks 14(minimum)440ml cans of beer each night 365 days a year,no joke, :oops: smokes 20 cigs a day,eats a high fat diet,hardly a fruit and veg in site,ZERO exercise...HE'S STILL ALIVE and has a full-time job... :headscratch:
Albeit i don't think he has long to go before he gets a serious problem,we shall see,i hope not :shock: ....you can't beat actual life experience to learn stuff....my gran also has smoked at least 20 cigs a day for the past 60 years,she is 80y/o and still goin strong,does her own shopping and stuff..so.... :?:

Basically Alex,fruit and veg..c'mon that stuff tastes so darn good for a reason dont it... :?:
Why dont we just not eat,how bout we try that... :lol:

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm » by Alexrubic

Well you only need one example of conflicting data to invalidate a hypothesis - and you've just mentioned two!

In intervention studies it has been shown that eating lots of fruit and veg does not confer any benefits with regard to prevention of heart disease or cancer or all cause mortality. In one study it was shown any slight benefit was lost once you went above two servings of either fruit or vegetables A WEEK! So forget this five-a-day nonsense - that was a number plucked out of thin air rather than from solid scientific data!

I have to admit, I like fruit but have never been fond of vegetables - I just used to eat them because I believed the propaganda that they were necessary for health. I know better now. Modern cultivated fruit bears no relation to wild fruits. They are 'designed' to be very high in fructose (fruit sugar) and this sugar HAS been shown, in scientific studies, to be highly correlated with metabolic dysfunction leading to syndrome X, diabetes, heart disease and stroke.

The same with fibre. This recommendation was based on casual observations of the eating habits of certain African tribes by Dr Dennis Burkitt. Unfortunately he didn't look at how these people actually prepared and cooked their fibrous roots - they stripped off all the fibre and discarded it before eating! Fibre actually physically damages the sensitive and delicate cells lining the colon. This damage causes them to exude a 'slimy' fluid as a protection from further damage and it is this, rather than the fibre itself, that eases 'elimination'! However, this constant scratching of cells by fibre can lead to more serious health consequences.

Its all part of the mainstream propaganda that fits with the NWO goal of making us weak, unhealthy, dependent on pharmaceutical drugs and to reduce our numbers by our untimely death from disease!

viggerz

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 2:32 pm » by viggerz

All Humans Have Ever Done is try control summin, they aint ever gunna stop. Its in our nature, its why we have hands. And gm food will save many starving people. Who are you to deprive them of what little hope they have. The only way i can see is that people have a choice. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 2:51 pm » by Drjones

"Modern cultivated fruit bears no relation to wild fruits. They are 'designed' to be very high in fructose (fruit sugar) and this sugar HAS been shown, in scientific studies, to be highly correlated with metabolic dysfunction leading to syndrome X, diabetes, heart disease and stroke."

Alex if you would'nt mind explaining the part where you say "Modern cultivated fruits are DESIGNED to be very high in sugar".

I take it you are talking about Organic produce here and not just GMO's :?:
I'm all ears, :lol:

I agree that too much sugar is a bad thing,i tend to find it useful though with all the exercise i do...it puts it to good use... :!:

Initiate

PostMon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm » by Theshee

I grow my own so Im ok :wink: My Dad has the same eating habits as Alex by all accounts and I have to say he NEVER gets a sniffle or anything. I personally think you should eat what you fancy so to speak, don't eat what others tell you too. Learn to listen to your own body... it has much to say :flop:

Next