Texas GOP wants to make marrying gays a felony, sodomy ban

Master Conspirator
Location: Packing my stuff and moving to Denver like you should be doing

PostTue Jun 22, 2010 8:20 pm » by Savwafair2012

Texas GOP wants to make marrying gays a felony, reinstate sodomy ban.

The Texas Republican party has doubled down on the state’s same-sex marriage ban in their continued war against LGBT rights. Just months after the Republican state Attorney General challenged a same-sex couple’s request to divorce, the state GOP is pushing even further in their new 2010 platform. Taking a page from the heinous Ugandan anti-homosexuality bill, the GOP both wants to criminalize marrying a same-sex couple and reinstate a sodomy ban. From the platform:

Marriage Licenses – We support legislation that would make it a felony to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple and for any civil official to perform a marriage ceremony for such. [...]

Texas Sodomy Statutes – We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. Constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy.

Basically, if someone were to help a gay couple get married, “the GOP would like to see that person serve mandatory jail time.” In 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court found in Lawrence v. Texas that Texas’ “Homosexual Conduct” law — a measure outlawing oral and anal sex — unconstitutional. It appears Texas Republicans would like to overturn that decision. (HT: Joe. My. God. )

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/06/21/tex ... ge-felony/
FAIR USE NOTICE.
Section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, . http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jun 22, 2010 8:27 pm » by Boondox681

sodomy-Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal, especially anal intercourse or bestiality.

which in alabama means any form of sex other than the missionary position.true.
i don't know what texas' meaning is
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 22, 2010 8:44 pm » by Dank1

i heard nuthin good come outa texas sept steers and queers.
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 22, 2010 8:48 pm » by Electrobadgr

Upload to Disclose.tv

Interesting thread from you Sav, haven't you been quite outspoken in regards to your views on homosexuality? from what i remember they vaguely mirrored the contents of the OP.
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Initiate

PostTue Jun 22, 2010 9:31 pm » by Christomite

The homosexual "agenda" is a just another tool to divide and seperate society to strengthen governmental control.Homosexuality is unhealthy to be embraced by a healthy society.The "idea" of acceptace and tolerance among liberals is fine and dandy but it's just an idea and quite unrealistic when applied to homosexuality in a society.It has been glorified to the point to where it's admiral to be gay...like your a fighter for something good in a mean and cruel society.In my twenties I spent a number of years in the homosexual community and can attest to the lifestyle being very shallow,drug consumed and sexually twisted.The number of homosexuals fit for adopting children are few and far between folks.The number of REAL gays is also far FAR less if you erase the fad involved and lifestyle suited.The overwhelming majority of gays cannot be monogomous for 5 seconds much less for marriage and the fact that such a small portion of our society is such a controversial and disturbing force in our social structure very visual proof that this is a tool being used to divide and conquer....similar to hispanics being used to "water down" our society.The more seperate we all are in culture and lifestyle,the easier it is to globalize as we can not unite and look more and more towards government to settle our disputes and difine us.I don't give a damn if someones gay,I'm just pointing out the big picture because once we are so divided that we are totally controlled by a global tyranny they will in essence make us all the same anyway.The point is...if we do not set a moral and spiritual standard for our country and as a people,we will be torn apart and a standard will be set for us regardless if we like or agree with that standard.The powers that you thought were fighting for your liberal ideals were only fighting to steal your rights and your personal freedoms..Wake up.It's not going to be utopia ever.There are things you have to say no to for the greater good even if it sucks to do it.