Thank You for making me crazy

Writer

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 2:51 pm » by Ilef6f

OK, i'd like to start off by thanking those of you who press the issue of reptilians. My family, co-workers and to a lesser extent, myself, all believe i've lost my mind. I got sidetracked for a couple of weeks reading about the subject and i've got to say, I'm starting to buy the concept. Not the whole idea that bush and friends are shapeshifting reptilians, but more along the lines of an ancient race that bestowed certain knowledge on the human race. I've become obsessed with the notion of religious writings being entangled with these "visitors". That being said, could any of the other crazy people in this forum direct me to some good links that deal with the book of genesis or other writings that have ties to a reptilian background?
I can't believe i just posted this. :nails:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:00 pm » by Lilith

hush...everything will be alright..Image

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:04 pm » by Harbin

Sorry that you feel so out of sorts about your new knowledge. The desire to share this kind of information is compelling, and have attempted to share 'hidden' issues with friends and family in the past, but I have learned that it is usually not welcome. Even bringing it up as a speculative conversational topic is difficult to those not already interested. Jesus said, "Do not cast pearls before swine." There is a lesson in there.
If you find yourself getting to upset, remember nothing has changed for you. There are no reptiles after you.
From what I understand even these reptiles answer to a higher authority and have no power over us.

:sunny:

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 pm » by Electrobadgr

Pindz, you have a new minion,
be sure to treat this one well :flop:
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Initiate

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 pm » by Ratty

the greek myths tell you more about the other gods refered to in the bible but was left out
zecharia sitchin tells of the anunakl and the original geneses story
hope this helps

Writer

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm » by Ilef6f

Nice vid, this is what peaked my interest. We are taught as children that these stories are mythic and in my case, this is how i was taught to see the bible. mythic stories with moral lessons. But now I'm starting to view this information in a literal sense and not only does it reduce the guilt of not buying into organized religion, it also helps to see where some of their beliefs may come from.
Also, You guys got to give poor Pindz a little breathing room...lol

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 27, 2010 3:25 pm » by Harbin

14 Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the ship with them more than one loaf. 15 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. 16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread.

17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? 19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

Compare: Matthew 16:5-12

Jesus Discusses the Pharisees

Throughout the gospels the primary opponents of Jesus have been the Pharisees. They keep challenging him and he keeps rejecting their authority. Here, Jesus contrasts himself with the Pharisees in an explicit manner not usually seen — and he does so with the now-common symbol of bread. In fact, the repeated use of “bread” should by this point alert us to the fact that the previous stories were never about bread at all.

Yes, it’s common for Christians to assume that the stories have some literal level at which they could be understood, but that’s unnecessary. We no more need to treat the multiplication of bread as a literal event than we need to think that “bread” in the above parable is meant literally — if Jesus can use parables to teach a lesson, who’s to say that the gospel authors can’t?

It is arguable that if they learned anything from Jesus, it would be the effectiveness of parable. Unfortunately, just as the disciples were too hard-headed to understand the point of the parables, many modern readers are similarly indisposed to understand that they are reading parables at all — they imagine that they are reading literal history.

If “bread” isn’t meant literally, then of course neither is “leaven.” Here, the term “leaven” refers to the principles or ideals of a belief system. The disciples are informed that the principles and attitudes of the Pharisees on one side and Herod on the other aren’t to be trusted. Such an interpretation appears to be beyond the understanding of the disciples, however.

The importance of “leaven” is further revealed when we take a closer look at the structure of Mark’s narrative. Right in the middle between the first and second stories of Jesus multiplying bread and feeding the masses, Jesus is challenged about the disciples’ failure to conform to tradition when it comes to washing hands before meals. Jesus then proceeds to explain that adherence to tradition has become more important than adherence to God’s commandments.

Here we find that theme revisited, with Jesus explaining that the “leaven” of the Pharisees (religious traditions) and the “leaven” of Herod (political power, perhaps?) are inferior to the “leaven” which he brings to people (presumably a personal relationship with God). Thus through the course of several diverse stories we can actually see a common theme being reinforced

http://atheism.about.com/od/biblegospelofmark/a/mark08c.htm

I love good parable. :flop:

Initiate

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 am » by Grows

The whole reptilian thing seems to be something that started off as a metaphor. In the evolutionary model, mammals, and thus us, came from reptiles, so we've all got some reptile in us.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 am » by Anuki

lilith wrote:hush...everything will be alright..Image

Upload to Disclose.tv

:flop: :flop: :flop:

told you i'll be back :D

anu-ki

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:31 am » by Lilith

Next