The 1 Percent that changes everything

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am » by One-23

Kind of fascinating to think that humans have this distorted realization to proclaim themselves as the "Alpha" intelligent being, when in reality, all life on our planet has been bestowed with some kind of intelligence to enable them to survive. Maybe it is the case that we are deemed to be more intelligent than any other species on the planet, but who is it that decides this? Us!

We have this pseudo ability to separate ourselves from nature and place ourselves on a pedestal so that we can look down and judge every other species and determine it's intellect purely based on our own assumptions.
One of the fundamental properties associated with intelligence is to understand the difference between the right and the wrong then choose the right one, well that alone discredits our notions as being the "Alpha" intelligent being.
Just my opinion and nothing more.
Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson does a good job at explaining this video :flop:

A fascinatingly disturbing thought

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 am » by Iwanci

I think that we underestimate our inteligence, and YES we determine where that benchmark should be, why wouldn't we ?? We are comparing our inteligence against that of other species on the planet, how do we compare, extremely well as far as I can see or we would be the ones in the zoo.

Intelligence (as viewed by US) is the only guide we have, why? Simple... any creature of lesser intelligence in below us (always) in the food chain... any creature of greater intelligence has either never existed or has not had to compete with humans, or they would be wiped out to ensure our number 1 ranking.

Why do we fear making contact with an alien race? One of the main reasons is 'if' they prove to be more advanced and of different yet superior intelligence, how would we fare up in an encounter?

Sorry, but we are not at the top of the food chain due to our good looks ... we are here due to our ability to reason and work together for greater good.. although this is sometimes questionable....
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm » by SamueltheLion

so much talking on this site, so much desire to be recognised, so little actual action!

here's a % of information which can help you unlocked the human supercomputer within you, let's learn together! :D

can you calculate 97 x 86 in less than 5 seconds? if not, learn vedic maths

http://www.vedicmathsindia.org/

http://talentsearch.ted.com/video/Gaurav-Tekriwal-A-lesson-in-Ved;TEDBangalore

Upload to Disclose.tv

say what? science and maths in the indian "bible" ? http://hinduism.about.com/od/vedicmaths/a/vedic_math_sutras.htm

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

HUZZZZAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

:nails:

soooo muuuuuchhhh innnfoooormmmaaaatttiooonn :p

:lol:

:sunny:

Upload to Disclose.tv

fractal zoom through 3d landscape, so cool

how do we make that gigantic 1st step?

how do i?
how do you? :D

just step out of the box... fluid, spherical... let go of the rigid thinking :)

the squaring of the circle is an ancient sacred geometric practice, which displays man, trapped in the square cube of intellect, yet also enveloped within the divine sphere of creativity and life; a being between two worlds.

you see, a polygon may be infinitely divided, and become finer and finer and finer, yet still remain angular and never quite reach the circle... the way i interpret this is, the missing leap in order to break out of the box, discard the box, experience freedom, is trust: a leap of faith.

really quite an interesting video, he (haramein) talks about his spiritual experiences and how other mathematicians discovered equations and theories by contact with gods through dreams which are STILL USED TODAY! LOL!

remember that even our theories about atoms and so on came to us through the ancient greeks, who also said they attained this information through dreams.

:banana:
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm » by Iwanci

Sam, only one thing I can say to all that INFORMATION.......

Never Trust A Greek!

:alien51: :alien51: :alien51:
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Super Moderator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm » by Slith

Great post Cagey. Very thought provoking

I had a great discussion last night with my wife about the universe, infinity and how in the end, we are part of it, yet so small.

1 percent does change everything. Imagine 10, 100. The limitations are as endless as the universe. Mind boggling to say the least

Thanks for putting this up

:flop:

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:24 pm » by One-23

Samuelthemule wrote:so much talking on this site, so much desire to be recognised, so little actual action!

Interesting philosophy Samuel and I'm sure it would be contributive to our understanding of everything :cheers: , but this topic has nothing to do with personal desires or recognition. It's purely about an idea that we humans are self indulgent in our own understanding of intellect and disregard every other species on our planet. I'm not looking for any great inspirational moment to change my mindset. Some questions do not require a definitive answer, but that's the beauty of theories they are open to interpretation.

By the way I didn't comment on your art thread but you are a very talented guy :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:37 pm » by Tuor10

Humans are dumb compared to most animals because most animals know their role, and apply themselves accordingly. Humans on the other-hand have no real role in the grand scheme of things. If anything, our presence is an affront to mother nature.

I don't give a cup of rats piss for our future personally. We are not intelligent enough to survive.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 1:58 pm » by Iwanci

Interesting concept that humans don't have a role... I beg to differ, I think we have an important role, the fact we are here is testament to this in my opinion, if we weren't meant to be here we would not be, indeed when we have sereved our purpose we will be gone.

How do we know what the world would really be like if man had not come into being? What other creature would have taken our place perhaps or, perhaps consider what other organism would have developed to inflict death on other species. In other words, we may just be a one organism in place of a different one.

We don't really know... however, one things that we do know is that we are here due to our intelligence, even though we all agree that in many cases man does not seem to show any signs of intelligence, and then again, that is only when seen by another man.

What do we see when we look at organisms under a microscope? Do we know if these organisms have true purpose? Do we really know what the animals are thinking? I believe they are thinking..."I gotta eat, I gotta reproduce, I gotta find shelter"... the extent to which they do this is limited however by their capcity to manipulate and use and comprehend the resources around them, does that make them smarter or dumber than humans?

If I was an alien looking at man through time, I would be impressed.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 2:15 pm » by SamueltheLion

Cageyone23 wrote:
Samuelthemule wrote:so much talking on this site, so much desire to be recognised, so little actual action!

Interesting philosophy Samuel and I'm sure it would be contributive to our understanding of everything :cheers: , but this topic has nothing to do with personal desires or recognition. It's purely about an idea that we humans are self indulgent in our own understanding of intellect and disregard every other species on our planet. I'm not looking for any great inspirational moment to change my mindset. Some questions do not require a definitive answer, but that's the beauty of theories they are open to interpretation.

By the way I didn't comment on your art thread but you are a very talented guy :flop:

Thanks cagey, i was editing my reply but ran out of time, haha, thus always to time-lords.

well, here's some more pictures.. i love picutres

a tesseract in the middle of paris HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM say WHAT? :)
:think:

crop circles are... what are they ?

i dont no

or do i yes?

maybe, i guess, we are all pretending, yes

hyper-dimensional news RIGHT IN FRONT O YO EYES, ryt3 in fr0nt o' yo UI'S! !!!

break out the cube boys!!! it's time to set yourself freeeeee

trying to make this stuff really obvious now, i guess i am just too subtle?

“O God, I could be
bounded in a nutshell
and count myself
a king of infinite space,
were it not that
I have bad dreams.”

From Shakespeare's Hamlet

http://nolitas-story.org/miracles.htm

Miracles defined
Miracles are generally defined as occurrences that cannot be understood through reason and known laws of nature. In fact these occurrences often defy known laws, such as levitation defying the law of gravity. However, inability to explain such phenomenon is a result of missing information and limited perspective. When required information and perspective are gained, these types of occurrences will no longer be considered miraculous.

(The discussion from here gets more and more complex. You may choose to hit your back button if you are not interested in such details.)

miracles are not beyond nature, they are merely beyond our understanding of nature, augustine of la-la-land

"Euclid is said to have replied to King Ptolemy's request for an easier way of learning mathematics that 'there is no royal road to geometry.' Charles S. Peirce, in his 'How to Make Our Ideas Clear' (1878), says 'There is no royal road to logic, and really valuable ideas can only be had at the price of close attention.'"

isn't it worth paying close attention, if the reward is... becoming a ... god?

:think: :lol:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -George Santayana, philosopher (1863-1952)

all lifes wisdom can be found in annagrams

lets have a look at what an annagram of the above mentioned and displayed crop circles are.

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/anagram.cg ... t=1000&a=n

cleric corps: Cleric = priest, corps = body.

what was that jesus said about eating his body (bread) and WHEAT!?! LOL ROFL OMG LMAO!?

;)

oh wait nevermind, back to mr. cool zombie mode ;)

:mrcool:

the tesseract exists.

pretty fucking deep stuff if you ask me

:sunny:

notice what he's standing on, holding and the aura (halo) behind his head...

yes, now that you mention it sam, that looks very close to a key!

key to chi?

May-Be!

:look: :look: :look: :look: :think:

:o

:think:

so what? what does all of this mean? who cares?

that the planets govern you, create this web of life you call reality, and it is the way to solve any and all "problems" ? oh, no one... i mean, neo on.

that we are battling in a trans-dimensional time-travelling epic battlefield, for our memories and souls progression? oh you know... no one, i mean, neo on.

that we are getting our asses kicked by venus which is INHABITED, and is spinning upside down?

oh,

no one

i mean, NEO, TURN ON!!!

:cheers:
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 16, 2012 2:23 pm » by Tuor10

Iwanci wrote:Interesting concept that humans don't have a role... I beg to differ, I think we have an important role, the fact we are here is testament to this in my opinion, if we weren't meant to be here we would not be, indeed when we have sereved our purpose we will be gone.

I think that might open up a whole raft of questions concerning origins and beginnings; but humanity is the only species - to my mind anyway - that consciously abuses it surroundings.

How do we know what the world would really be like if man had not come into being? What other creature would have taken our place perhaps or, perhaps consider what other organism would have developed to inflict death on other species. In other words, we may just be a one organism in place of a different one.

Interesting thought.
The thing that gets me is the constant distortion that accompanies the whole evolution paradigm. On the one hand, we have religion telling us that we are Gods chosen - chosen to rule upon this earth, and order things to our own design. Yes, their are rules applied, but they are vague, and contrived in a manner that sort of absolves man from his responsibilities - being the so called intelligent species etc. Or maybe, religion has some-how devalued our existence on the earth, by filling us with delusions of grandeur about our place on it?

We don't really know... however, one things that we do know is that we are here due to our intelligence, even though we all agree that in many cases man does not seem to show any signs of intelligence, and then again, that is only when seen by another man.

I agree; there doesn't seem to be any uniform way of acknowledging intelligence.
I'll give you an example of what I mean. The vast majority would all agree the a nuclear physicist is an intelligent person: he has to be right? he is a nuclear physicist after all. Most would utter similar utterances; but if one sits back and looks at the work the nuclear physicist is involved in, one would instantly recognise that such work is tremendously stupid; for nuclear power and the living world around us are diametrically opposed in the sense that nuclear energy is detrimental to the existence of virtually all living organisms on this earth.
Yes, a somewhat weird view I know; but I think it has some merit if objectively contemplated.

What do we see when we look at organisms under a microscope? Do we know if these organisms have true purpose? Do we really know what the animals are thinking? I believe they are thinking..."I gotta eat, I gotta reproduce, I gotta find shelter"... the extent to which they do this is limited however by their capcity to manipulate and use and comprehend the resources around them, does that make them smarter or dumber than humans?

It is an interesting fact that all matter is made of the same basic elements: 3 fermions and 9 bosons. I'm interested in what decides how these base elements manifest. That would get to the crux of the matter.

If I was an alien looking at man through time, I would be impressed.

I would be worried personally. I would think to myself: 'fuck going down there'.

:mrgreen:

:cheers:

Next