The Arachnids that can turn you into a vegetarian

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 1:17 pm » by One-23

:nails: No more bacon :nails:

It's OK folks don't worry, apparently you can continue eating fish and poultry, seems to be only mammalian flesh that causes the allergy.

Maybe it could be used as a vaccine for a Zombie Apocalypse :mrgreen:

Oh Yeah it's not just Australia so your all F :censored: ked :ohno:

Tick bite causes meat allergy

So here's a scenario, a bandicoot or another cute animal is playing happily somewhere on the east coast of Australia. The Australian paralysis tick bites it to get a meal of blood and some of the alpha-gal from the bandicoot gets into the gut of the tick. After a while, the tick feels hungry again and bites a human and some of that alpha-gal from the bandicoot gets transferred into the human.

Now, many Australians get bitten by ticks, but very few then go on to get the allergy to meat. So something happens in this human — we don't know what — and their immune system slowly cranks into action.

After a delay — somewhere between one and six months after the initial tick bite — they have another regular meal involving meat, but on this occasion they get an allergic reaction. In some cases they can die from a full-blown anaphylactic reaction unless they can get medical treatment in time.

This allergic meat reaction will be set off by pork, beef, lamb and even whale meat, but not by fish or chicken because they are not mammals. It can also be set off by some marshmallows if they contain beef gelatin.

Today, Dr van Nunen sees about two cases each week of tick-caused meat allergy, and has over 500 patients with this condition on her books.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a Tick Bite Turn You Into A Vegetarian?

Amblyomma americanum, the “Lone Star tick,” is turning all kinds of people across the U.S. South from typical human omnivores to born-again vegetarians without their knowledge or consent. How can such a little arachnid cause such big changes in us?

It probably stems from something in the tick’s saliva that causes the human body to produce an autoimmune response to a carbohydrate that’s in most animal muscle:

Sources http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... gy_FBP|abc

http://www.allthingshuman.net/can-a-tic ... egetarian/

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm » by Slith

:nails:

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 4:10 pm » by domdabears

Hope it stays on that giant island.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 4:58 pm » by 99socks

domdabears wrote:Hope it stays on that giant island.

I think we should quarantine the whole thing!!! Who needs a bunch of Australians anyways? Turn it back into a penal colony! I like my meat! :nope:
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 5:06 pm » by -Marduk-

99socks wrote:I think we should quarantine the whole thing!!! Who needs a bunch of Australians anyways? Turn it back into a penal colony! :nope:

:twisted: