The best home 3D experience without the price tag, awesome!!

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 pm » by Electrobadgr

This is sooooo cool, this is the ultimate 3d experience as far as i can tell, this video impressed me even more than Avatar. Real 3d available right now with current technology (the wii remote and sensor bar to be precise) this is fucking incredible, if this guy isn't working for NIntendo by now then there is something wrong, check this out

Upload to Disclose.tv

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 5:50 pm » by Nickelson

That sure is cool :flop:

Writer

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 6:07 pm » by Reclaimer

Johnny Chung Lee for prez.......Awesome....... :flop: :flop:

Writer

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 pm » by Su13lime

electrobadgr wrote:This is sooooo cool, this is the ultimate 3d experience as far as i can tell, this video impressed me even more than Avatar. Real 3d available right now with current technology (the wii remote and sensor bar to be precise) this is fucking incredible, if this guy isn't working for NIntendo by now then there is something wrong, check this out

Upload to Disclose.tv

Funny you mention him working for nintendo, the latest device announced by nintendo, the 3DS (3D handheld gamesystem) uses the EXACT same technology. It was just announced last week that a small camera on the system facing the user will use HEAD TRACKING technology to provide a complete 3D image at all times WITHOUT using 3D glasses. Pretty amazing imo... I wonder if this is a coincidence. Kinda random this dude just pops up with the knowhow to create this on his own. He either works for nintendo or knows someone who does.

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 pm » by Electrobadgr

su13lime wrote:
electrobadgr wrote:This is sooooo cool, this is the ultimate 3d experience as far as i can tell, this video impressed me even more than Avatar. Real 3d available right now with current technology (the wii remote and sensor bar to be precise) this is fucking incredible, if this guy isn't working for NIntendo by now then there is something wrong, check this out

Upload to Disclose.tv

Funny you mention him working for nintendo, the latest device announced by nintendo, the 3DS (3D handheld gamesystem) uses the EXACT same technology. It was just announced last week that a small camera on the system facing the user will use HEAD TRACKING technology to provide a complete 3D image at all times WITHOUT using 3D glasses. Pretty amazing imo... I wonder if this is a coincidence. Kinda random this dude just pops up with the knowhow to create this on his own. He either works for nintendo or knows someone who does.

ye, heard about the 3ds the other day, this is quite an old video so chances are he was snapped up shortly afterwards to work on the 3ds and most probably the wiiHD which has been rumoured for release next year. I can almost guarantee that nintendo will use this technology in thier next home console, it is made all the better by the fact this will work on any current tv wihout ridiculous refresh rate requirements and 3d glasses. They always make things affordable and accesible, this tech will be huge:-)
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly. time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 8:48 pm » by Badger

That is really cool.

From what I saw the 3d illusion will only work for 1 person, so if this tech could be used in movies only 1 person will get the benefit. So you might as well wait for the 3D TVs.... :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 pm » by Electrobadgr

badger wrote:That is really cool.

From what I saw the 3d illusion will only work for 1 person, so if this tech could be used in movies only 1 person will get the benefit. So you might as well wait for the 3D TVs.... :flop:

they have seemingly developed the tech to work without IR headsets for the 3DS so there shouldnt be much trouble applying it to a home version which with any luck will play movies too:-) who needs 3dtv? :D

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm » by Electrobadgr

Your right about it only being any good for one person though, even without IR and even if the tech could track 2 or more heads the screen can only respond to one set
of instructions, still like johnny says, for that one person, what an experience!!:-)

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm » by Badger

electrobadgr wrote:
badger wrote:That is really cool.

they have seemingly developed the tech to work without IR headsets for the 3DS so there shouldnt be much trouble applying it to a home version which with any luck will play movies too:-) who needs 3dtv? :D

1 DTV is all I need!! :mrgreen:

do you know if there is a possible release date? The boy have been going on about getting a Wii, but if this out within the next 18months I might just wait....

Conspirator

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 pm » by Electrobadgr

Nothing confirmed yet mate, its more or less just a rumour and Nintendo are notoriously difficult to predict so they might do something totally different. 4years ago when i heard they were releasing a console called wii i was convinced no-one would buy it, it sounds like piss ffs!! But who'dve thought it......

Good machine though, esp if you hack it :peep:

Next