The bible...........is it true?

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 am » by Disorganizer81

I am a follower of Jesus and rarely open the Bible. Man twisted it. Research Gap Theory...

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 am » by Lowsix

Well to say you arent asking to cause a fight is pretty dishonest,
because you know thats exactly what this is going to do.

So then, if someone can provide an example of how something in it ISN'T true, that will be used to say that somehow that discredits what the whole thing and what it was actually intended for...which was to give a group of people a creation story, just like every single religion on the planet. (which for some reason dont get the leering scrutiny the bible does)

I mean who the shit asks if the stories about Greek mythology actually happened, or the Roman Pantheon, or the Rig Vedas, or Celtic Lore or things like that? In those cases, people are intellectually mature enough to recognize that they are vessels for a message, and noting more. Why would christianity be any different? Because a set of people within the church say it is? THINK..people...think.

Did Noah manage to collect two of every single living thing onto a wooden boat?
Not likely.

Can a woman become pregnant without the influence of Sperm and co-mingled DNA?
Not Likely.

Did humans actually live for 900 years?
Not likely.

But, and here is the critical part, before all the bashers think they won this one, by claiming that proving that, since those items cant be true, the message underneath it cant be true...

Does that in itself discredit the Golden rule or the teachings about forgiveness or the admonishment against humans judging each other? The teaching of human kindness, good samaritanism, the warnings against Churches (pharisees) that conduct more business than spiritual healing?

Of COURSE not, (and it is absolutely ludicrous for them to claim that it does) but that wont matter, because thats how people treat THIS particular mythology, although truthfully i have no idea why. People are easily able to discern the influence of human evil in Politics/governments and dictatorships, but somehow are unable to do so when it comes to human evil in Religion and churches. Although there is no difference whatsoever.

So the Bible is a vessel, and not a literal Historical document, just like any other gathered writing from any culture you examine. It speaks to ARCHETYPES that are relevant (and almost identical in every single human culture that has ever lived)

But someone is going to come along after i write and explain this, and say that since some people in the modern church believe in its historical and literal interpretation (despite some obvious impossiblities) that somehow, someway..since those impossibities exist...that everything contained in the vessel shoud be tossed as invalid...

But it doesnt.
Not by a long shot.
Not even close.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:40 am » by Disorganizer81

I have read the bible from front to back one time. I have also read certain books multiple times. Daniel, Proverbs, Corinthians, John, Job and Revelations. Proverbs is very sound advice to believers and those who do not.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 am » by Knownawareness

We have never been shown the real bible it is 5 miles below in the vatican library.
This should make you ask yourself. What they are not telling and why?
Because of this religion can be dogma.
Believing you have commited original sin etc.

The world is consciousness and I will try and prove it to you. If you want to?
Please tell me of an item you have recently purchased
It can be anything. Give me a rough description of where? how? what time it was? how much? colour? Best/Great/Limited Edition version etc so I can get a general idea as I live in New Zealand.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 am » by Bahb3

Does that in itself discredit the Golden rule or the teachings about forgiveness or the admonishment against humans judging each other? The teaching of human kindness, good samaritanism, the warnings against Churches (pharisees) that conduct more business than spiritual healing?

All they want is obedience... oh and to rape your children.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:45 am » by Disorganizer81

Low it is possible for Mary to become pregnant without doing the deed. What we perceive to be aliens were actually angels and they inserted GOD'S DNA into her.

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 am » by Disorganizer81

Has anyone ever come across this site? Pretty interesting.

http://www.bibleufo.com/

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 am » by Lowsix

disorganizer81 wrote:Low it is possible for Mary to become pregnant without doing the deed. What we perceive to be aliens were actually angels and they inserted GOD'S DNA into her.

And that is one opinion among six BIlLION others..
Doesnt make it true enough to convince those that are looking for reasons NOT to believe it...that it IS true.

Its far more likely (and all we can do is measure liklihoods) that it falls in line with Hero Myths from every corner of the world, and every human culture that ha sever walked the planet to tell an archetypical Hero story, of how and why THAT hero is special and real, and blessed..

Doesnt make it a literal scientific fact, although it is certainly valid in an archetypical sense, since they (hero stories) are almost all identical across time periods, cultures races, and geographies without ever having contact with each other.

Was Water Jar boy a real scientific fact..an actual water Jar born to a human mother?
not Likely.

Was Krishna born of a human mother and God Father?
not likely

Did the greek gods really take on the forms of animals to seduce their lusted human female counterparts?
not likely.

Hero Stories.
Archetypes.
not Science.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 pm » by Sheeple

There were two snakes, only one is mentioned in the Bible.
This story is constantly debated and is partly related to an additional constellation, the constellation Ophiuchus ("the Serpent Holder").
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm » by Nickelson

The Bible!!! :headscratch: Isn't that some sort of holy alien book? :lol:

Next