The Bieber Factor: What Makes Voices Unique?

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

Singers like Justin Bieber may owe their unique sound to the large social circles of their ancestors. but how can they hypnotize so many people and became an idol?

Justin Bieber, Usher and others have unique sounding voices, in part, because their relatives over the ages lived within large social groups, suggests a new study.

The study, published in the latest issue of Current Biology, is among the first to empirically demonstrate that the size of an animal's social group helps to determine the uniqueness of that individual's voice. The results could also explain why everyone looks, sounds, and even smells so different.

http://news.discovery.com/human/bieber- ... 10217.html

Initiate

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm » by Hawkshot

sadly for youngsters nowadays...music is fecking crap...justin bieber is only an idol because there is not much inventive music about today...gone are the days when youngsters used to invent their own type of sound...the 1980's was a great time for music and so many different sounds to be heard...the 1980's were ruled by the british bands and singers...try writing down a list of british bands and singers from the 80's...its a big list...now it is uninventive rubbish...one thing for sure...you will never see or hear justin bieber on the pyrimid stage at glastonbury....justin bieber has a girly voice and little girls like that,for some reason.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

hawkshot wrote:sadly for youngsters nowadays...music is fecking crap...justin bieber is only an idol because there is not much inventive music about today...gone are the days when youngsters used to invent their own type of sound...the 1980's was a great time for music and so many different sounds to be heard...the 1980's were ruled by the british bands and singers...try writing down a list of british bands and singers from the 80's...its a big list...now it is uninventive rubbish...one thing for sure...you will never see or hear justin bieber on the pyrimid stage at glastonbury....justin bieber has a girly voice and little girls like that,for some reason.

agreed :flop:

Initiate

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 pm » by Jeckk

If you really think about it, nothing is really as unique as most like to think.

I'm basing this on a lot of things, one main reason is my old high school band. I played guitar, pretty much played the same 4 power chords, we had a nice flow and all but it wasn't anything special. We somehow started building a fan base in all the surrounding towns. Even I knew our music was crap but people loved us, I think mainly because we were just having a blast.

Which is why I think no matter how bad a band or actor or singer is, if the media props them up in confidence, people will follow....and CLAIM its talent.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 11:39 pm » by Mediasorcerer

how,by hi powered marketing and vocal electronic enhancers,harmonisers,simultors,pitch shifters,etc ,etc,etc.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do