The Black Knight Satellite

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm » by Doogle

I have to admit that I know very little about this story, I've seen it referenced - I think Spikey brought it up a while back, and I certainly hadn't seen this video (Thanks abovetopvids), or even the photos, but I'll be looking into it a bit more.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 4:45 pm » by The57ironman

Doogle wrote:

I have to admit that I know very little about this story, I've seen it referenced - I think Spikey brought it up a while back, and I certainly hadn't seen this video (Thanks abovetopvids), or even the photos, but I'll be looking into it a bit more.

..well...somewhere, ''somebody'' knows what it is.............

:cheers:

Super-rich rush to buy 'Italian Job' style gold bars

Economic uncertainties trigger rush for 12.5kg gold bars, worth about £300,000 each

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 pm » by ZetaRediculous

Doogle wrote:

Time Magazinehttp://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894745,00.html wrote:Monday, Mar. 07, 1960
Time Magazine

Three weeks ago, headlines announced that the U.S. had detected a mysterious "dark" satellite wheeling overhead on a regular orbit. There was nervous speculation that it might be a surveillance satellite launched by the Russians, and it brought the uneasy sensation that the U.S. did not know what was going on over its own head. But last week the Department of Defense proudly announced that the satellite had been identified. It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray. The dark satellite was the first object to demonstrate the effectiveness of the U.S.'s new watch on space. And the three-week time lag in identification was proof that the system still lacks full coordination and that some bugs still have to be ironed out.

First Sighting. The most important component of the space watch went into operation about six months ago with the construction of "Dark Fence," a kind of radar trip wire stretching across the width of the U.S. Designed by the Naval Research Laboratory to keep track of satellites whose radios are silent, it is a notable improvement on other radars, which have difficulty finding a small satellite unless they know where to look. Big, 50-kw. transmitters were established at Gila River, near Phoenix, Ariz, and Jordan Lake, Ala., spraying radio waves upward in the shape of open fans. Some 250 miles on either side, receiving stations pick up signals that bounce off any object passing through the fans. By a kind of triangulation, the operators can make rough estimates of the object's speed, distance and course.

On Jan. 31 Dark Fence detected two passes of what seemed to be an unknown space object. After detecting several passes during the following days, Captain W. E. Berg, commanding officer of Dark Fence, decided that something was circling overhead on a roughly polar orbit. He raced to the Pentagon and in person reported the menacing stranger to Chief of Naval Operations Arleigh Burke. Within minutes the news was communicated to President Eisenhower and marked top secret.

In the confusion, there was a delay before anyone took the step necessary to positively identify the strange satellite: informing the Air Force's newly established surveillance center in Bedford, Mass. It is the surveillance center's job to take all observations on satellites from all friendly observing centers, both optical and electronic, feed them into computers to produce figures that will identify each satellite, describe its orbit and predict its behavior. Says one top official, explaining the cold facts of the space age: "The only way of knowing that a new satellite has appeared is by keeping track of the old ones."

It took two weeks for Dark Fence's scientists to check back through their taped observations, and to discover that the mysterious satellite had first showed up on Aug. 15. The Air Force surveillance center also checked its records to provide a list of everything else that was circling in the sky, and its computers worked out a detailed description of the new object's behavior. The evidence from both Air Force and Navy pointed to Discoverer V, fired from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif, on Aug. 13.
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”
― Terry Pratchett

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm » by Cosmine

LOL

"The satellite," Fat said. "VALIS. Vast Active Living Intel-ligence System. It fires information down to them?"
"It does more than that," Kevin said. "Under certain circumstances it controls them. It can override them when it wants to."
"And they're trying to shoot it down?" I said. "With that missile?"
Kevin said, "The early Christians-the real ones-can make you do anything they want you to do. And see-or not see -anything. That's what I get out of the picture."
"But they're dead," I said. "The picture was set in the present."
"They're dead," Kevin said, "if you believe time is real. Didn't you see the time dysfunctions?"

Arthur C Clarke "Valis"

Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 5:38 pm » by Doogle

ZetaRediculous wrote:
Doogle wrote:

Time Magazinehttp://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894745,00.html wrote:Monday, Mar. 07, 1960
Time Magazine

Three weeks ago, headlines announced that the U.S. had detected a mysterious "dark" satellite wheeling overhead on a regular orbit. There was nervous speculation that it might be a surveillance satellite launched by the Russians, and it brought the uneasy sensation that the U.S. did not know what was going on over its own head. But last week the Department of Defense proudly announced that the satellite had been identified. It was a space derelict, the remains of an Air Force Discoverer satellite that had gone astray. The dark satellite was the first object to demonstrate the effectiveness of the U.S.'s new watch on space. And the three-week time lag in identification was proof that the system still lacks full coordination and that some bugs still have to be ironed out.

First Sighting. The most important component of the space watch went into operation about six months ago with the construction of "Dark Fence," a kind of radar trip wire stretching across the width of the U.S. Designed by the Naval Research Laboratory to keep track of satellites whose radios are silent, it is a notable improvement on other radars, which have difficulty finding a small satellite unless they know where to look. Big, 50-kw. transmitters were established at Gila River, near Phoenix, Ariz, and Jordan Lake, Ala., spraying radio waves upward in the shape of open fans. Some 250 miles on either side, receiving stations pick up signals that bounce off any object passing through the fans. By a kind of triangulation, the operators can make rough estimates of the object's speed, distance and course.

On Jan. 31 Dark Fence detected two passes of what seemed to be an unknown space object. After detecting several passes during the following days, Captain W. E. Berg, commanding officer of Dark Fence, decided that something was circling overhead on a roughly polar orbit. He raced to the Pentagon and in person reported the menacing stranger to Chief of Naval Operations Arleigh Burke. Within minutes the news was communicated to President Eisenhower and marked top secret.

In the confusion, there was a delay before anyone took the step necessary to positively identify the strange satellite: informing the Air Force's newly established surveillance center in Bedford, Mass. It is the surveillance center's job to take all observations on satellites from all friendly observing centers, both optical and electronic, feed them into computers to produce figures that will identify each satellite, describe its orbit and predict its behavior. Says one top official, explaining the cold facts of the space age: "The only way of knowing that a new satellite has appeared is by keeping track of the old ones."

It took two weeks for Dark Fence's scientists to check back through their taped observations, and to discover that the mysterious satellite had first showed up on Aug. 15. The Air Force surveillance center also checked its records to provide a list of everything else that was circling in the sky, and its computers worked out a detailed description of the new object's behavior. The evidence from both Air Force and Navy pointed to Discoverer V, fired from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif, on Aug. 13.

Cheers Zeta.

I can't find any official pictures of Discoverer 5 to compare though, can you?
And why did it take them 6 months to detect it? I dare say there's a plausible answer. But the comments about the characteristics attributed to "Black Knight", like it being in a hitherto impossible polar orbit and being way larger than anything the US or USSR could use at the time. Is that all BS and could anyone clarify?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 6:11 pm » by Cosmine

Black Knight Satellite
1927 Encounter
Space Probe from Epsilon Boötes
by David Simons 1992
What if we succeeded in 2 way communication with an intelligence outside our planet, and no one noticed? What if THEY heard our call and responded but we just couldn’t grasp their language?

That’s exactly what happened as early as 1928 in Eindhoven Holland and again in 1929 aboard a French research vessel in the South China Sea. After transmitting over the radio waves 3 sounds in rapid succession every 30 seconds, Van der Pol in Eindhoven examined the return echoes. They were not as neatly spaced as he had sent. In fact they were highly irregular, ranging from 1 to 30 seconds in delay time.

At the time, the discrepancies were explained as fluxuations in the ionosphere, or magnetic disturbances. But the pitch or frequency of the sounds did not change - only the spacing of the echoes.

It wasn’t until the 1970’s that this mystery was carefully examined and decifered by Duncan Lunan, a scientist from Scotland. He plotted a vertical axis of the transmitted pulse sequence with a horizontal axis of echo delay time. The result ? A picture of the constellation Boötis as it would look 15,000 years ago.

But that’s not all. There was a message hidden in the dots on his graph. Lunan was able to translate into simple English the meaning of these echo delay discrepencies, proving perhaps that they are a purposeful manipulation directed by a highly intelligent ‘other’ .

The message is as follows:
"START HERE.
OUR HOME IS EPSILON BOOTIS.
WHICH IS A DOUBLE STAR.
WE LIVE ON THE 6th PLANET OF 7 - CHECK THAT, 6th OF 7 -
COUNTING OUTWARDS FROM THE SUN
WHICH IS THE LARGER OF THE TWO.
OUR 6th PLANET HAS ONE MOON,
OUR 4th PLANET HAS THREE,
OUR FIRST AND THIRD PLANETS EACH HAVE ONE.
OUR PROBE IS IN THE ORBIT OF YOUR MOON
THIS UPDATES THE POSITION OF ARCTURUS SHOWN ON OUR MAPS."

The only possible conclusions we can draw from this are:

1) Duncan Lunan is a highly imaginative con artist;

2) Prof. Lunan interpreted the graph incorrectly and his extrapolations are more speculative;

3) An advanced civilization in the vicinity of Arcturus (Hokulea, the guiding star of Hawaiian mythology) sent an unmanned satellite probe to monitor Earth 15,000 years ago, to be activated by radio waves when Humans reached that technological point in their evolution. A dialogue could then have been established, and we might have gained much more than the misunderstood reference greeting.

After publication in the Journal of the British Interpanetary Society (complete with disclaimer from the editors) and a few newspaper articles in the U.S. on this ‘far out’ scientist, the matter was dropped and no further investigation was undertaken.

Could a musical score be made from graphs of this fascinating interstellar communique`? Is the plotting in 2 dimentions of 4 dimensional space an excellent way for different intelligent species to communicate?

- David Simons 1992.

http://humansarefree.com/2011/06/alien- ... black.html

Upload to Disclose.tv

Master Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 pm » by *WillEase*

The57ironman wrote:.

I do, but I am just not going to say. Hint: the photos at the end are debris.
PEACE, PEACE...BUT THERE IS NO PEACE!

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 6:26 pm » by Cosmine

WillEase666 wrote:
The57ironman wrote:.

I do, but I am just not going to say. Hint: the photos at the end are debris.

Cause your afraid of the big black SUV's whit tinted windows... :twisted:

Or maybe you know fckall... :hell:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 6:41 pm » by Flecktarn

this is one of my favourite subjects ,there has to be up to date pictures of this somewhere ,whatever it is its fascinating :flop:
ImageImage

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 8:05 pm » by -Marduk-

There's some crazy stuff floating in space. :look:

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop/images/IS ... 9-55_3.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Next