The computing thread!

Writer

PostMon Oct 17, 2011 5:59 pm » by Stalkingwolf

iamthatiam wrote:Starting to use Linux Ubuntu...one of the first issues you will deal is how to get Flash player working...

$ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

You must type it on Terminal, of course :flop:

I tried Ubuntu 11.04, but really I didn't like it as much as 10.10, in 10.10 flash player worked for me right out of the box, all except for the bug that caused it to crash whenever I switched to full screen, but it was easy enough to fix. Also, Natty seemed to be more of a resource hog. I switched to Mint LXDE 11, and it's been a fair experience, I can boot and be ready to run in around 29 seconds.

Still, I'm tempted to try Lubuntu, though I'm not a fan of the Cairo Dock at the bottom in the screen shots, so if I do give it a shot that would have to be the first thing to go.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 1:17 am » by Iamthatiam

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Initiate

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 am » by Tgwusauk

can anyone tell me if/how you can find out whether someone is tampering/interfering with your email, is their a program that can identify it? I have avast, malwarebyte and spybot and they show up nothing, but mouse is playing up as well, can anybody help or advise?

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 am » by Iamthatiam

tgwusauk wrote:can anyone tell me if/how you can find out whether someone is tampering/interfering with your email, is their a program that can identify it? I have avast, malwarebyte and spybot and they show up nothing, but mouse is playing up as well, can anybody help or advise?

Some redirecting viruses are installed on routers...maybe youre packages have been rerouted, try to change some of youre router's Def.

-Fix the IP address. using a good DNS server IP address. A place to google is “opendns” where you can find IP addresses that are well known to be safe

-Open your browser

-Type in the IP which will bring up the administration panel of your router

-Then follow the instructions for your particular router to find the bad IP address and replace it with a safe one.

If the google analytics test still failling...

Look up that particular problem, and find a suggestion to “hardware reset” the router to factory settings, followed by a change in password.

-Then run your test case again.

Hope it helps :flop:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 am » by Edgarrothstein

If i remember correctly, a long time ago there was a malware called Back Orifice.
This reminded me of it.
The "hacker" could control a lot of stuff on your PC. Including mouse.

Although not completely dismissible, the chances of your PC being infested with Back Orifice are slim...

If i were you, I'd check the router for any foreign addresses conected to it, via wireless.

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 am » by Iamthatiam

edgarrothstein wrote:If i remember correctly, a long time ago there was a malware called Back Orifice.
This reminded me of it.

Although not completely dismissible, the chances of your PC being infested with Back Orifice are slim...

If i were you, I'd check the router for any foreign addresses conected to it, via wireless.

'Mornin Ed :D

Its nighty here...till tomorrow, whatever the frack does that means :mrgreen:

Good idea checking his wifi btw...you know...we like to complicate things :flop:

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 am » by Edgarrothstein

iamthatiam wrote:
edgarrothstein wrote:If i remember correctly, a long time ago there was a malware called Back Orifice.
This reminded me of it.

'Mornin Ed :D

Its nighty here...till tomorrow, whatever the frack does that means :mrgreen:

Good idea checking his wifi btw...you know...we like to complicate things :flop:

Hi there IAM :cheers:
Yeah, well...that's the first thing i thought of, especially if his e-mails were tampered with.
It just so happened that in a brief period of my life i was involved in the Backtrack project (since version 2...), and completely aware of WEP protection flaws.

To say nothing about unprotected networks. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, with just using the, let's say, Ettercap, the "hacker" can get to very sensitive data.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 5:13 am » by Iamthatiam

edgarrothstein wrote:i was involved in the Backtrack project (since version 2...)

tis so Cool man... :cheers:

Thats why ther implementations with encryption protocols associated nowadays, but the general end users limits themselves to only be setting 'passwords', sticking to unauthenticated LANs.... :nope:

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 am » by Edgarrothstein

iamthatiam wrote:
edgarrothstein wrote:i was involved in the Backtrack project (since version 2...)

tis so Cool man... :cheers:

Thats why ther implementations with encryption protocols associated nowadays, but the general end users limits themselves to only be setting 'passwords', sticking to unauthenticated LANs.... :nope:

Heh, passwords :

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

You won't believe how many people didn't even bother... :?

EDIT :

And they're still buying Thomsons/Speedtouch :

Android :

Iphone :

iwifihack.net/Photos.html

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 18, 2011 6:24 am » by Tertiusgaudens

My good God, I understand hebrew....
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

PreviousNext