Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 pm » by Hackjames

You just gave me the video accompaniment to my dinner this evening, thanks. :]
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 10:49 pm » by Sentientseed

Watched the first 60 seconds and already know this is something that is definitely going to interest me. Thanks Harbin.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant." -- John Stuart Mill

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences. "

-- C. S. Lewis
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 10:57 pm » by Hackjames

Both of those quotes kick ass. Pardon my vernacular.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 11:14 pm » by Spock

Isn't it fascinating that the most verbally abusive, out spoken "morally certain" people on this site, are the "god haters".

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 11:16 pm » by Hackjames

spock wrote:Isn't it fascinating that the most verbally abusive, out spoken "morally certain" people on this site, are the "god haters".

Anybody who hates anything is doing it wrong, in my opinion anyway. Certainty is a slippery fish, I don't think many of the people who act like they've caught it really have.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 pm » by Sentientseed

I enjoyed the video. Again thanks. I did wonder if Dr. Robert Burton was related to Henry Kissinger. lol He seems similar in appearance and voice tone. :D
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 12:48 am » by Constabul

ok program, might not agree with some of the concepts expressed. Others do agree.
some of the people interviewed, such as the lady seemed like a moron at times, but brought up some valid points.

At least it was trying to get people to think beyond their own ego.
Also spotlighted those who use Moral certainty are more often then not, functioning from a religious based moral certainty, who go on to commit atrocities.

Morals are an illusion, stop points of self control. That can break at anytime for a number of reasons. Good and Bad, just fluff. There is only positive and negative, which is not an expression of good or evil, or right or wrong.
just my 2 cents anyway.

All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God.
Voltaire

As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
Voltaire

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 1:36 am » by Eliakim

spock wrote:Isn't it fascinating that the most verbally abusive, out spoken "morally certain" people on this site, are the "god haters".

Good point spock. However, for the USA, that hasn't been restricted to non-Christians. The heavenly Father called them 'Vigilantes' regardless of whether they believed in God or not.

The English tend to be far more reserved than their American brothers and sisters and those with a true conscience tend to shine like the mid-day sun. They tend to find themselves being agony aunts and uncles for those that seek advice. People come to them for help with their decisions, due to their integrity and natural moral code of honor and justice. Being unbiased is easy, when one is naturally unbiased.

However, the healing process cannot be underestimated for ensuring that integrity becomes the righteous love, and moral compass for a cause greater than the self.

Physical (Earthly) reality is the barometer of balance -v- imbalance.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 1:40 am » by Roadkill

There are no God Haters. Just non-Believers. No need to be a dick, you invisible sky Jew worshiping tool.
Science will fly you into the Cosmos

Upload to Disclose.tv

Religion will fly you into Buildings

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook