The Decline and Fall of Work: An Essay by Raoul Vaneigem

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 6:29 am » by Aragajag

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 am » by Hackjames

Now we just need somebody like Matt Damon or Jim Carrey to deliver that speech. I'm in agreement with almost all of those points, but let's be honest, if most of the people trying to raise these issues were contrasted with charismatic speakers, we'd have a venn diagram with very little overlap.

The main thing I try to get people to understand (when labor is the topic) is that today almost all of the tangible benefits we have over our ancestors are due directly to automation. Machines are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way. To take the example further, consider showing them all the beauty they posses inside. Give them a simulated sense of pride.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Like that, but with robots.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 am » by Hackjames

DAMNIT, I meant like this with robots.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Forgive me.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 am » by Aragajag

hackjames wrote:Now we just need somebody like Matt Damon or Jim Carrey to deliver that speech. I'm in agreement with almost all of those points, but let's be honest, if most of the people trying to raise these issues were contrasted with charismatic speakers, we'd have a venn diagram with very little overlap.

The main thing I try to get people to understand (when labor is the topic) is that today almost all of the tangible benefits we have over our ancestors are due directly to automation. Machines are the future, teach them well and let them lead the way. To take the example further, consider showing them all the beauty they posses inside. Give them a simulated sense of pride.

I reckon Kevin Bloody Wilson would be a great orator and take it serious. :alien51: :alien51:
Not until a robot knows how to touch me in the special spot will I trust them.