The Drone Zone

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 8:45 pm » by The57ironman

Holloman Air Force Base, at the eastern edge of New Mexico’s White Sands Missile Range, 200 miles south of Albuquerque, was once famous for the daredevil maneuvers of those who trained there. In 1954, Col. John Paul Stapp rode a rocket-propelled sled across the desert, reaching 632 miles per hour, in an attempt to figure out the maximum speed at which jet pilots could safely eject. He slammed on the brakes and was thrust forward with such force that he had to be hauled away on a stretcher, his eyes bleeding from burst capillaries. Six years later, Capt. Joseph Kittinger Jr., testing the height at which pilots could safely bail out, rode a helium-powered balloon up to 102,800 feet. He muttered, “Lord, take care of me now,” dropped for 13 minutes 45 seconds and broke the record for the highest parachute jump.

:shock:

Today many of the pilots at Holloman never get off the ground. The base has been converted into the U.S. Air Force’s primary training center for drone operators, where pilots spend their days in sand-colored trailers near a runway from which their planes take off without them. Inside each trailer, a pilot flies his plane from a padded chair, using a joystick and throttle, as his partner, the “sensor operator,” focuses on the grainy images moving across a video screen, directing missiles to their targets with a laser.

Holloman sits on almost 60,000 acres of desert badlands, near jagged hills that are frosted with snow for several months of the year — a perfect training ground for pilots who will fly Predators and Reapers over the similarly hostile terrain of Afghanistan. When I visited the base earlier this year with a small group of reporters, we were taken into a command post where a large flat-screen television was broadcasting a video feed from a drone flying overhead. It took a few seconds to figure out exactly what we were looking at. A white S.U.V. traveling along a highway adjacent to the base came into the cross hairs in the center of the screen and was tracked as it headed south along the desert road. When the S.U.V. drove out of the picture, the drone began following another car.

:rtft:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/magaz ... wanted=all

....remember....the authorities are working hard to keep you feeling helpless...

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Interesting post Iron.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 pm » by The57ironman

....video games are good for something..... :mrcool: ..........Image

....remember....the authorities are working hard to keep you feeling helpless...

Conspirator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 pm » by monica44

Yeah, but what they don't show you is the rows an rows of booths with remote viewers picking out targets, Our prime Minister said upon his start in office that they will be cutting defense in this country because "We no longer fight wars in the conventional sense".
It is my belief that when we think we are tucked up in our beds our souls are busy being used in clone bodies to fight wars in the unconventional way. This sounds far fetched for sure, but truth it seems is stranger than fiction.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Initiate

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm » by 2020

That image is so creepy.

I bet those guys operating the drones were excellent on the XBox and only see what they are doing now as an advanced version, i sometimes wonder whether they are so dumbed down that when they get into the ''zone'' they actually take on board and understand it is real human blood being splattered instead of the virtual kind so prevalent in the games that kids (and adults) have been playing regularly for some time already, and if so do they become mentally damaged from it? probably so eh. :top:

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 07, 2012 9:27 pm » by The57ironman

...ya' gotta believe that the brain sorts out things in a way that we can't recognise..

things that aren't neccessary to master the game get put into a compartment...

the mind would disregard empathy...you know , that thing that reptillians lack... :peep:

brain damage or impairment , that's for sure

Super Moderator

PostMon Feb 04, 2013 7:40 pm » by The57ironman

..i hadn't seen these......

British troops are using a nano drone just 10cm long and weighing 16 grams on the front line in Afghanistan to provide vital information on the ground.

They are the first to use the state-of-the-art handheld tiny surveillance helicopters, which relay reliable full motion video and still images back to the devices' handlers in the battlefield.

The Black Hornet Nano Unmanned Air Vehicle is the size of a child's toy, measuring just 10cm (4 ins) by 2.5cm (1 inch), and is equipped with a tiny camera.

http://news.sky.com/story/1047004/mini- ... elicopters

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 12:27 am » by The57ironman

The Obama Drone Scandal

Published on Jun 15, 2013
Barely a week after President Obama announced the ascendance of the left-neocon, humanitarian interventionist cultists Susan Rice and Samantha Power to the top of his foreign policy team, and in a time of choking scandal, alas a light at the end of the tunnel has appeared for the Obama regime: his old friend war!

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUh0hIi6nsQ

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 am » by Noentry

The stats from your above vid Iron.

June 2004 to Sept 2012

In Pakistan alone
2500-3300 kills
475-884 civilians
176 were children

How many innocents killed and how many radicalized to hate Americans?
How many new terrorist created by drone attacks?
This has to stop.

:hell:
piss me off to no end
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 am » by RATRODROB

Noentry wrote:The stats from your above vid Iron.

June 2004 to Sept 2012

In Pakistan alone
2500-3300 kills
475-884 civilians
176 were children

How many innocents killed and how many radicalized to hate Americans?
How many new terrorist created by drone attacks?
This has to stop.

:hell:
piss me off to no end

I COULDNT AGREE MORE NOENTRY :flop:
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Next