The effects of solar radiation on the human endocrine system

Writer

PostWed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 pm » by Ouroboros

Hello all,

I'd just like to post a few links that I feel are very important in helping us understand some of the drastic changes we will be experiencing in the next few years. First off, here's a link to a Coast to Coast interview with Maurice Cotterell in which the link between sunspot cycles and the rise and fall of civilizations is discussed:

Here's Maurice again, speaking at the 2007 International UFO Congress:

We now know that there is a breach in the earth's magnetosphere and the heliosphere of the sun is shrinking. I believe this is all part of a natural ascension process that is going to make us very vulnerable to the effects of solar plasma.

A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetosphere:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/16dec_giantbreach.htm

Sun's Protective Bubble is Shrinking:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3222476/Suns-protective-bubble-is-shrinking.html

I recently stumbled across Tom Kenyon's website and his channeled material from beings called the Hathors, "a group of interdimensional, intergalactic beings who were connected ancient Egypt through the Temples of the Goddess Hathor, as well as several other pre-history cultures". In this message from January of 2009, titled "The Holon of Ascension", the Hathors have spoken of the effects of solar plasma on the subtle energy body:

http://tomkenyon.com/the-holon-of-ascension

I also recently listened to an interview with Cliff High of Half-Past Human, who is responsible for the Web Bot Project. In this interview: http://pimpinturtle.com/2009/01/24/web-bot-update-jan-17-2009.aspx, he suggests that in mid-late 2009, people will start going crazy and will hurt themselves or hurt other people because they won't be able to handle the time acceleration and ever-increasing rate of change in the world. This will only happen to those who are trying too hard to uphold their pre-conceived notions of reality, and for those of us who are trying to move upward in consciousness, it will be a very beautiful and expansive experience. I believe that this will be due to the increase in coronal mass ejections, coronal holes, and our approach towards the sunspot maximum in 2012.

We know that sunlight affects the production of melatonin through the pineal gland... but what other effects does it have that we don't know about yet?? Interestingly enough, according to spaceweather.com, "a solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole should arrive on or about March 13th".

So pay special attention to your mood within the next couple of days and let me know if you experience any strange hormonal shifts! I know that ever since the new sunspot cycle started, I have definitely felt a different energy coming from the sun. Now it's up to us to use that energy for a positive purpose!

Initiate

PostWed Mar 11, 2009 9:16 pm » by Inhdi

Nice post! :flop:
Just wanted to add (in case you were not aware of this already):

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/30oct_ftes.htm

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

Indeed, today Sibeck is telling an international assembly of space physicists at the 2008 Plasma Workshop in Huntsville, Alabama, that FTEs are not just common, but possibly twice as common as anyone had ever imagined.

Researchers have long known that the Earth and sun must be connected. Earth's magnetosphere (the magnetic bubble that surrounds our planet) is filled with particles from the sun that arrive via the solar wind and penetrate the planet's magnetic defenses. They enter by following magnetic field lines that can be traced from terra firma all the way back to the sun's atmosphere.

"We used to think the connection was permanent and that solar wind could trickle into the near-Earth environment anytime the wind was active," says Sibeck. "We were wrong. The connections are not steady at all. They are often brief, bursty and very dynamic."

Several speakers at the Workshop have outlined how FTEs form: On the dayside of Earth (the side closest to the sun), Earth's magnetic field presses against the sun's magnetic field. Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow. The portal takes the form of a magnetic cylinder about as wide as Earth. The European Space Agency's fleet of four Cluster spacecraft and NASA's five THEMIS probes have flown through and surrounded these cylinders, measuring their dimensions and sensing the particles that shoot through. "They're real," says Sibeck.

Now that Cluster and THEMIS have directly sampled FTEs, theorists can use those measurements to simulate FTEs in their computers and predict how they might behave. Space physicist Jimmy Raeder of the University of New Hampshire presented one such simulation at the Workshop. He told his colleagues that the cylindrical portals tend to form above Earth's equator and then roll over Earth's winter pole. In December, FTEs roll over the north pole; in July they roll over the south pole.

Sibeck believes this is happening twice as often as previously thought. "I think there are two varieties of FTEs: active and passive." Active FTEs are magnetic cylinders that allow particles to flow through rather easily; they are important conduits of energy for Earth's magnetosphere. Passive FTEs are magnetic cylinders that offer more resistance; their internal structure does not admit such an easy flow of particles and fields. (For experts: Active FTEs form at equatorial latitudes when the IMF tips south; passive FTEs form at higher latitudes when the IMF tips north.) Sibeck has calculated the properties of passive FTEs and he is encouraging his colleagues to hunt for signs of them in data from THEMIS and Cluster. "Passive FTEs may not be very important, but until we know more about them we can't be sure."

There are many unanswered questions: Why do the portals form every 8 minutes? How do magnetic fields inside the cylinder twist and coil? "We're doing some heavy thinking about this at the Workshop," says Sibeck.

Meanwhile, high above your head, a new portal is opening, connecting your planet to the sun.

Writer

PostWed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm » by Ouroboros

inhdi wrote:Nice post! :flop:
Just wanted to add (in case you were not aware of this already):

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun and Earth
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/30oct_ftes.htm

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "Ten years ago I was pretty sure they didn't exist, but now the evidence is incontrovertible."

Indeed, today Sibeck is telling an international assembly of space physicists at the 2008 Plasma Workshop in Huntsville, Alabama, that FTEs are not just common, but possibly twice as common as anyone had ever imagined.

Researchers have long known that the Earth and sun must be connected. Earth's magnetosphere (the magnetic bubble that surrounds our planet) is filled with particles from the sun that arrive via the solar wind and penetrate the planet's magnetic defenses. They enter by following magnetic field lines that can be traced from terra firma all the way back to the sun's atmosphere.

"We used to think the connection was permanent and that solar wind could trickle into the near-Earth environment anytime the wind was active," says Sibeck. "We were wrong. The connections are not steady at all. They are often brief, bursty and very dynamic."

Several speakers at the Workshop have outlined how FTEs form: On the dayside of Earth (the side closest to the sun), Earth's magnetic field presses against the sun's magnetic field. Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow. The portal takes the form of a magnetic cylinder about as wide as Earth. The European Space Agency's fleet of four Cluster spacecraft and NASA's five THEMIS probes have flown through and surrounded these cylinders, measuring their dimensions and sensing the particles that shoot through. "They're real," says Sibeck.

Now that Cluster and THEMIS have directly sampled FTEs, theorists can use those measurements to simulate FTEs in their computers and predict how they might behave. Space physicist Jimmy Raeder of the University of New Hampshire presented one such simulation at the Workshop. He told his colleagues that the cylindrical portals tend to form above Earth's equator and then roll over Earth's winter pole. In December, FTEs roll over the north pole; in July they roll over the south pole.

Sibeck believes this is happening twice as often as previously thought. "I think there are two varieties of FTEs: active and passive." Active FTEs are magnetic cylinders that allow particles to flow through rather easily; they are important conduits of energy for Earth's magnetosphere. Passive FTEs are magnetic cylinders that offer more resistance; their internal structure does not admit such an easy flow of particles and fields. (For experts: Active FTEs form at equatorial latitudes when the IMF tips south; passive FTEs form at higher latitudes when the IMF tips north.) Sibeck has calculated the properties of passive FTEs and he is encouraging his colleagues to hunt for signs of them in data from THEMIS and Cluster. "Passive FTEs may not be very important, but until we know more about them we can't be sure."

There are many unanswered questions: Why do the portals form every 8 minutes? How do magnetic fields inside the cylinder twist and coil? "We're doing some heavy thinking about this at the Workshop," says Sibeck.

Meanwhile, high above your head, a new portal is opening, connecting your planet to the sun.

inhdi, thanks for posting that article... I have actually spent a lot of time pondering the magnetic portal and the best parallel I can find is that the sun is the heart of the solar system, much like our hearts, and it takes a certain amount of time for each pump of the heart to circulate blood/plasma/oxygen throughout the body/solar system. So every 8 minutes, the sun's heliosphere merges with the magnetosphere of the earth and then the charged particles from the solar wind spread throughout the electromagnetic grid of the earth, also known as ley lines. It's particularly interesting when you consider that our brains and hearts are connected not only by blood vessels, but also by an electromagnetic feedback loop, just like our planet and the sun!!!