The elephant in the living room

Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:14 pm » by Allreadydead

Wikipedia definition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_in_the_room

There's an Elephant in everyone's living room, it's huge, it sit's there and each one of us can see it, and very few do anything about it. They hope maybe it will somehow disappear, get up and go, it may be blocking the T.V. and playstation, or the computer, still and quiet the Elephant sits there - in all of our living rooms.

Some notice, with a little embarrassment and shame, that the elephant is crying, sobbing quietly, it's big eyes rolling in pain and despair, but still the elephant sits in our living room - and we all can see it there and few acknowledge it.

Most people know the elephants name, and because they have no real answer to why it's sitting there, they can't see it - an elephant sitting in their living room.

The elephants name?

MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MAN

And still the elephant sits.............

Initiate

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:26 pm » by Knurrebusk

But where is the sollution?

Save everyone, and there is another task ahead.
What is the limit, you think Earth can sustain 30trillion people?

I´m all in for helping people, but long term planning is needed, not pissing in your pants to keep warm.

Master Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:40 pm » by Boondox681

inside of you.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm » by Allreadydead

boondox681 wrote:

inside of you.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:52 pm » by Lucidlemondrop

Part of the solution does come with the choices that we as individuals make.

For instance instead of that second steak dinner at a nice restaurant this month, make a donation. Many people don't like to donate to causes as we have been shown how much of the money goes into the running of the programs..............Solution? Investigate and find other ways to get the donation directly to the people in need, find local agencies in the affected areas and donate that way or even set up our own non profit and oversee the application of the monies given.

Something else that comes to mind, the saying that it is better to teach a man to fish than give him a fish. I have heard that in some places one goat can make the difference between a family surviving or starving.

I suppose to get out of the chair, make some calls and get involved is a start.
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostSun May 16, 2010 7:55 pm » by Knurrebusk

If I desided to be nice, and only live with people like you would it change anything?
I´m not beeing obnoxious, but help me out here.

PostSun May 16, 2010 8:20 pm » by Griogair

allreadydead wrote:
MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MAN

Nice topic but any idea what is the motivation behind that?

boondox681 wrote:

inside of you.

Well not really.if we are talking about dealing with personal problems it would make sense to look inside our-self and make a difference but what is happening in this world is cruelty towards fellow humans i don't think we can solve anything that way.
lucidlemondrop wrote:Solution? Investigate and find other ways to get the donation directly to the people in need, find local agencies in the affected areas and donate that way or even set up our own non profit and oversee the application of the monies given.

Something else that comes to mind, the saying that it is better to teach a man to fish than give him a fish. I have heard that in some places one goat can make the difference between a family surviving or starving.

I suppose to get out of the chair, make some calls and get involved is a start.

If these funds were really meant to help the poor people it would have reached them properly.how many years are we sending in funds to these people yet no difference....
seems like some one doesn't want them to get better.

Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm » by Allreadydead

knurrebusk wrote:If I desided to be nice, and only live with people like you would it change anything?
I´m not beeing obnoxious, but help me out here.

I looked at your public profile on Disclosetv. and found you were "aged: 81, male and living in the Congo",

Firstly, is that true?

If so, then I salute you, I've been to the Congo and may I say, life must be a struggle for someone of that age, unless they are extremely wealthy, and can even pay for interent access, yes, quite an individual.

If not true, then I ask why the deception?

For people to help you out - then truth about yourself must start with you - you can't change unless you start with yourself - and that starts by accepting who you are, and not some mask.

I have no doubt that Disclosetv. family members will want to help you - but they must have a true idea of the person asking for that help. Help us to help you - yes?

Conspirator

PostSun May 16, 2010 8:27 pm » by Allreadydead

griogair said:

Emmmmm........... that we all human? :think:

By the way, welcome to disclosetv.! :flop:

PostSun May 16, 2010 8:39 pm » by Griogair

allreadydead wrote:griogair said:

Emmmmm........... that we all human? :think:

Nope :)
and i don't agree that it is human nature to lie and steal we are under some other influence here and most of us have no idea who the real enemies are...

Next