The end of citizens rights!

Writer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

PostTue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 pm » by Uss001


I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who said "OMG man your not nuts you were right the controlling powers in the district of Columbia are going to try to take over the USA"

He emailed me after he saw this : there is a link to the sight he saw " http://newsvoice.se/2011/12/02/us-senat ... tleground/ " I also copied all the text from the sight for people that do not want to navigate away from here.

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America.

Text: Mike Adams | Also watch this video: The US Constitution is gone

[The article's heading re-named on Dec 4, 2011 (01:28 local time SE). The word "declares" was exchanged with "wants"]

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn’t apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill it essentially says it can apply to Americans ”if we want it to.”
Bill Summary & Status, 112th Congress (2011 – 2012) | S.1867 | Latest Title: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 | Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 11/15/2011) | Related Bills: H.R.1540 | Latest Major Action: 12/1/2011 Passed/agreed to in Senate. | Status: Passed Senate with amendments by Yea-Nay. 93 – 7. | Record Vote Number: 218. | Latest Action: 12/1/2011 National Defense Authorization Act | Amendment details


This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Even WIRED magazine was outraged at this bill, reporting:

Senate Wants the Military to Lock You Up Without Trial
…the detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn’t limited to foreigners. It’s confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas’ Robert Chesney — a nonpartisan authority on military detention — “U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority.” Source

The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of WAR against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the ”legitimate assassination” of U.S. citizens on right here on American soil!

If you have not yet woken up to the reality of the police state we’ve been warning you about, I hope you realize we are fast running out of time. Once this becomes law, you have no rights whatsoever in America — no due process, no First Amendment speech rights, no right to remain silent, nothing.

I have been saying for years this was comming and most people said I was crazy it could never happen, well I wounder what they will all say after it does happen?

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

PostTue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 pm » by Serendipity


Outrageous if it is as you depicted. I went to the site and downed the PDF but it seems to mostly be concerned with military hardware procurements..I can not find the section you were referencing. can you please post the part of the text that deals with the subject matter so we can see it? :look: :hell:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Writer
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

PostWed Dec 07, 2011 5:16 pm » by Uss001


This was the amendment that was shot down. if that is what you were asking for


Subtitle D--Detainee Matters

SEC. 1031. REVIEW OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

(a) In General.--Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Defense shall, in consultation with appropriate officials in the Executive Office of the President, the Director of National Intelligence, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Attorney General, submit to the appropriate committees of Congress a report setting forth the following:

(1) A statement of the position of the Executive Branch on the appropriate role for the Armed Forces of the United States in the detention and prosecution of covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)).

(2) A statement and assessment of the legal authority asserted by the Executive Branch for such detention and prosecution.

(3) A statement of any existing deficiencies or anticipated deficiencies in the legal authority for such detention and prosecution.

(b) Covered Persons.--A covered person under this section is any person, other than a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, whose detention or prosecution by the Armed Forces of the United States is consistent with the laws of war and based on authority provided by any of the following:

(1) The Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40).

(2) The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution 2002 (Public Law 107-243).

(3) Any other statutory or constitutional authority for use of military force.

(c) Congressional Action.--Each of the appropriate committees of Congress may, not later than 45 days after receipt of the report required by subsection (a), hold a hearing on the report, and shall, within 45 days of such hearings, report to Congress legislation, if such committee determines legislation is appropriate and advisable, modifying or expanding the authority of the Executive Branch to carry out detention and prosecution of covered persons.

(d) Appropriate Committees of Congress Defined.--In this section, the term ``appropriate committees of Congress'' means--

(1) the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate; and

(2) the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

PostThu Dec 08, 2011 10:46 pm » by Serendipity


uss001 wrote:This was the amendment that was shot down. if that is what you were asking for


Subtitle D--Detainee Matters

SEC. 1031. REVIEW OF AUTHORITY OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES TO DETAIN COVERED PERSONS PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF MILITARY FORCE.

(a) In General.--Not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Defense shall, in consultation with appropriate officials in the Executive Office of the President, the Director of National Intelligence, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, and the Attorney General, submit to the appropriate committees of Congress a report setting forth the following:

(1) A statement of the position of the Executive Branch on the appropriate role for the Armed Forces of the United States in the detention and prosecution of covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)).

(2) A statement and assessment of the legal authority asserted by the Executive Branch for such detention and prosecution.

(3) A statement of any existing deficiencies or anticipated deficiencies in the legal authority for such detention and prosecution.

(b) Covered Persons.--A covered person under this section is any person, other than a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, whose detention or prosecution by the Armed Forces of the United States is consistent with the laws of war and based on authority provided by any of the following:

(1) The Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40).

(2) The Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution 2002 (Public Law 107-243).

(3) Any other statutory or constitutional authority for use of military force.

(c) Congressional Action.--Each of the appropriate committees of Congress may, not later than 45 days after receipt of the report required by subsection (a), hold a hearing on the report, and shall, within 45 days of such hearings, report to Congress legislation, if such committee determines legislation is appropriate and advisable, modifying or expanding the authority of the Executive Branch to carry out detention and prosecution of covered persons.

(d) Appropriate Committees of Congress Defined.--In this section, the term ``appropriate committees of Congress'' means--

(1) the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Select Committee on Intelligence of the Senate; and

(2) the Committee on Armed Services, the Committee on the Judiciary, and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence of the House of Representatives.



Thanks :flop:
Glad it was shot down. Any word on who was sponsoring the bill or voting in favor?
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

PostThu Dec 08, 2011 10:49 pm » by Isawitcoming


Martial Law is in full effect!

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

PostThu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 pm » by Serendipity


isawitcoming wrote:Martial Law is in full effect!



What?
:lol: :roll:

When it does come you will not have the freedom to post online without being censored.
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7600
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 pm

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 am » by Flecktarn


did we relay ever have any rights to start with ,we have always been controlled only now its blatant and right in our faces :hell:
ImageImage

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am » by Serendipity


For those (in the US) who believe we as a people in this nation are controlled or suppressed, I say "Only by the weakness of your own minds."
The right to free speech (Fuck the president), is still alive and well in the USA and if you think it is not, I suggest you visit N. Korea or China or Thailand. They would certainly curtail our rights if they could, and it is as certain that they will always be trying, but to call what we have here in the US martial law or supression of the right to freedom of speech is reactionary and irresponsible imo.
For all that is wrong (!) in this nation, the fascists haven't won yet. There are too many of us who will fight and die for our freedom, right here on American soil...Not that I deny tptb have plans in the works to take that freedom..I know that they do. But until they wipe out 75% of our population they will never be able to claim victory.
All of the insidious plans to subvert our nation through terror measures, and all of the control mechanisms put into place by the NWO and friends has caused a lot of our citizens to react in a panicked and overcompensating way. It is a natural reaction...But try this..go out to your local courthouse lawn and yell out "Fuck this government and fuck the president!" If this is done during daylight hours and outside of the building I guarantee you will not be arrested and thrown into a torture cell.

We still have our freedoms. But we must never become complacent in that knowledge. It is good to be on your guard. But our country and it's citizens have not yet been beaten by the ruling powers.
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 pm

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am » by Illuminated


serendipity wrote:
isawitcoming wrote:Martial Law is in full effect!



What?
:lol: :roll:

When it does come you will not have the freedom to post online without being censored.

with respect, does it matter? I could tweet or facebook using tapatalk or some other trendy social media to say the military is here to take me away .........and what? I could freely scream my face off all the way into the van for all the good words do in that situation..

or another way to put it: when Stalin had his goons going door to door to round up people in their progrom for mass extermination of dissidents - the Phones were still working!

'flacktarn: did we relay ever have any rights to start with ,we have always been controlled only now its blatant and right in our faces'


Upload to Disclose.tv


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLJINdX0g4
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 831
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

PostFri Dec 09, 2011 2:09 am » by Serendipity


illuminated wrote:
serendipity wrote:
isawitcoming wrote:Martial Law is in full effect!



What?
:lol: :roll:

When it does come you will not have the freedom to post online without being censored.

with respect, does it matter? I could tweet or facebook using tapatalk or some other trendy social media to say the military is here to take me away .........and what? I could freely scream my face off all the way into the van for all the good words do in that situation..

or another way to put it: when Stalin had his goons going door to door to round up people in their progrom for mass extermination of dissidents - the Phones were still working!

'flacktarn: did we relay ever have any rights to start with ,we have always been controlled only now its blatant and right in our faces'


Upload to Disclose.tv


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpLJINdX0g4


Well I see your point, in a way. Basically there is no guarantee you will not be forced from your home at gunpoint for anyone on this planet unless you are certain you have more guns and ammo than they do. But the fact that you can leave your home if you choose, or express dissent, or store firearms, or start your own religion, or accuse the govt of wrong doing at all I think points to the fact that you still do enjoy freedom in this country that is not consistent with martial law.
For how long?
Anybodies guess :think: :flop:
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook