The End of Glenn Beck

Initiate

PostThu Mar 10, 2011 6:28 pm » by Christopherdel

Initiate

PostThu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm » by Ruquick

christopherdel wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110307/bs_yblog_thecutline/will-fox-news-and-glenn-beck-split-up

He'll be gone soon enough.

glenn beck has one main purpose.....to spread disinfo.
No, he will not be gone soon enough. :cry:

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm » by Chronicnerd

the57ironman wrote:you can trust me , i'm not like the others.....

Actually... Glenn has said over and over and over and over...

"Don't trust me...don't trust your government...don't trust anyone...do your own research and come to your own conclusions based on what is right for you."

Maybe your reply was to something else...if not...then I think maybe you are making assumptions about what he says without actually doing your own research.

The man is more honest than most...I won't say he is an angel because even he will admit that he is not...there was a point where some people wanted him to run...but he wouldn't because he knows himself enough to know that a position of power like that doesn't mix well with his personality.

So...which would you rather have:

A person who always says "Don't trust me, don't trust others, do your own research...<etc>" and apologizes when he makes mistakes...obviously loves the constitution and America...and tries to deliver information that pretty much 95% of the media ~refuse~ to talk about?

A person who points fingers, blames, and never apologizes... which is pretty much all the other news channels and the majority of the reporters...

I have seen CNN, NBC, ABC, and various other networks release more disinformation than I have seen in my entire life (over 40 years), and not once have I seen those people come out an apologize for their actions in a way that was taking full blame...I have seen them say they are sorry and then immediately point blame at someone else...but not just take blame, apologize, and then move on...no finger pointing... just made a mistake.

I am not sure this generation will realize how vital Glenn has been in keeping "things together" through his show...but eventually, once we have some distance from this mess, I am willing to bet that people will realize that he played a key part in spreading information about policies and people that were all geared towards further crippling the US.

Nobody is perfect...but...it is rare to find someone who is willing to openly discuss their own flaws, laugh about them/make jokes, explain why their actions were bad, and then explain what they have done to avoid making those types of decisions as well as how much of a challenge it is... all of which Glenn has done...many times...

His intentions are good...
He takes responsibility for his own actions...
He never immediately blames, but ask if someones actions are right (i.e. "Does that sound like it is right? It is up to you to decide. Do your own research on the subject and come to your own conclusion.") <he does this all the time>
When someone keeps doing things "questionable"...over and over and over...and Glenn talks about it...over and over and over...there is a point where he is like "Yeah...sure..."... but that is only after he has compiled *volumes* of data, videos, and recordings that pretty much drowns out any doubt.

I don't see any other news network and/or opinion show act in this manner... not one...

So, I am not sure how/why people are still stuck to their "Hate Glenn" posts...
He loves the republic...
He is religious...
He helps entire towns when in need...
He helps people...
He donates all the time...
He is concerned for our troops and Americans...well people in general...
He even was concerned for our current President's safety in many cases due to the people that were surrounding the President....even though he did not agree with the President's policies...

What specific instance has Glenn divulged erroneous data/information that he did not come on air and correct as soon as he found out that he had bad information?

Just post 1 instance... that's all... just 1...

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 23, 2011 11:33 pm » by Rydher

"Don't trust me...don't trust your government...don't trust anyone...do your own research and come to your own conclusions based on what is right for you."

Maybe your reply was to something else...if not...then I think maybe you are making assumptions about what he says without actually doing your own research.

The man is more honest than most...I won't say he is an angel because even he will admit that he is not...there was a point where some people wanted him to run...but he wouldn't because he knows himself enough to know that a position of power like that doesn't mix well with his personality.

So...which would you rather have:

A person who always says "Don't trust me, don't trust others, do your own research...<etc>" and apologizes when he makes mistakes...obviously loves the constitution and America...and tries to deliver information that pretty much 95% of the media ~refuse~ to talk about?

A person who points fingers, blames, and never apologizes... which is pretty much all the other news channels and the majority of the reporters...

I have seen CNN, NBC, ABC, and various other networks release more disinformation than I have seen in my entire life (over 40 years), and not once have I seen those people come out an apologize for their actions in a way that was taking full blame...I have seen them say they are sorry and then immediately point blame at someone else...but not just take blame, apologize, and then move on...no finger pointing... just made a mistake.

I am not sure this generation will realize how vital Glenn has been in keeping "things together" through his show...but eventually, once we have some distance from this mess, I am willing to bet that people will realize that he played a key part in spreading information about policies and people that were all geared towards further crippling the US.

Nobody is perfect...but...it is rare to find someone who is willing to openly discuss their own flaws, laugh about them/make jokes, explain why their actions were bad, and then explain what they have done to avoid making those types of decisions as well as how much of a challenge it is... all of which Glenn has done...many times...

His intentions are good...
He takes responsibility for his own actions...
He never immediately blames, but ask if someones actions are right (i.e. "Does that sound like it is right? It is up to you to decide. Do your own research on the subject and come to your own conclusion.") <he does this all the time>
When someone keeps doing things "questionable"...over and over and over...and Glenn talks about it...over and over and over...there is a point where he is like "Yeah...sure..."... but that is only after he has compiled *volumes* of data, videos, and recordings that pretty much drowns out any doubt.

I don't see any other news network and/or opinion show act in this manner... not one...

So, I am not sure how/why people are still stuck to their "Hate Glenn" posts...
He loves the republic...
He is religious...
He helps entire towns when in need...
He helps people...
He donates all the time...
He is concerned for our troops and Americans...well people in general...
He even was concerned for our current President's safety in many cases due to the people that were surrounding the President....even though he did not agree with the President's policies...

What specific instance has Glenn divulged erroneous data/information that he did not come on air and correct as soon as he found out that he had bad information?

Well articulated sir. :clapper:

Writer

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 1:04 am » by Themastermind

Initiate

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 1:06 am » by Christopherdel

stop posting that freeworld charter bullshit

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 1:54 am » by Illuminated

odonell (the admitted communist) twists some of becks words
and goes to town on beck.

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJGUFFPwTY
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 am » by Epicfailure

chronicnerd wrote:

Just like Alex Jones says exactly, years before Glenn "the fakecryer" Beck stormed on the scene, after his admitted alcoholic benders.

chronicnerd wrote:Maybe your reply was to something else...if not...then I think maybe you are making assumptions about what he says without actually doing your own research.

honest than most what? politician? yeah you got that right.... actually, no probably not...

he wouldn't run because he wouldn't get elected, you actually think that if he ran (A FOX NEWS OPINION MAKER) would get elected as president?

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

chronicnerd wrote:So...which would you rather have:

How about someone that tells the truth, and says "hey you should believe me, but in case you don't here is the source, I am putting it on the screen now, you can look for yourself."

but naw that is too much to ask, and Beck never does that, and neither does anyone else, so saying something comparatively to actually DOING something is a completely different thing altogether.

sources and relevant information. that is all.

chronicnerd wrote:A person who always says "Don't trust me, don't trust others, do your own research...<etc>" and apologizes when he makes mistakes...obviously loves the constitution and America...and tries to deliver information that pretty much 95% of the media ~refuse~ to talk about?

He apologizes? WHERE?!?!

he "obviously" loves the constitution? how so?

"95% of the other media won't talk about"

There is your problem, you choose not to recognize that BECK is employed by that other 95% of the media that you are talking about, they write his checks, they have the "BRAIN ROOM" for him they have researchers for him, but yet he "ISN'T THEM!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AGAIN!

chronicnerd wrote:A person who points fingers, blames, and never apologizes... which is pretty much all the other news channels and the majority of the reporters...

LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! and you said you aren't calling Beck an angel and here you are just lying boldfaced to everyone

Beck Never points finger? Blames? and he apologized for what? his alcoholic past and born-again christian recovery (which is prevalent in 65% of recovering addicts as a crutch)(a symbol of a weak mind if you ask me{religion recovery}, but that is opinion and finger pointing on my part)

you better check your statements, because you are beginning to fall here.

chronicnerd wrote:I have seen CNN, NBC, ABC, and various other networks release more disinformation than I have seen in my entire life (over 40 years), and not once have I seen those people come out an apologize for their actions in a way that was taking full blame...I have seen them say they are sorry and then immediately point blame at someone else...but not just take blame, apologize, and then move on...no finger pointing... just made a mistake.

I have never seen Beck do this either, and BLAME HIMSELF ( when it's not actually him) for the mistakes he presented either.

but then again realizing that Beck is now in this same category of liars, we can now put him in that 95% that you earlier said did the same god damn thing.

don't trust the mass media, and what is GLEN BECK? MASS MEDIA.... wow is it that hard?

chronicnerd wrote:I am not sure this generation will realize how vital Glenn has been in keeping "things together" through his show...but eventually, once we have some distance from this mess, I am willing to bet that people will realize that he played a key part in spreading information about policies and people that were all geared towards further crippling the US.

LOL, OMG dude, let me repost this for you so you see how you started at a "neutral" point in the discussion, then just went straight for the brown nosing:

chronicnerd wrote:The man is more honest than most...I won't say he is an angel because even he will admit that he is not...

chronicnerd wrote:A person who always says "Don't trust me, don't trust others, do your own research...<etc>" and apologizes when he makes mistakes...obviously loves the constitution and America...and tries to deliver information that pretty much 95% of the media ~refuse~ to talk about?

chronicnerd wrote:I am not sure this generation will realize how vital Glenn has been in keeping "things together" through his show...but eventually, once we have some distance from this mess, I am willing to bet that people will realize that he played a key part in spreading information about policies and people that were all geared towards further crippling the US.

a straight tailspin into the brown zone if I have ever seen one. it was a good set up though I am sure for most they didn't even spot it.

chronicnerd wrote:Nobody is perfect...but...it is rare to find someone who is willing to openly discuss their own flaws, laugh about them/make jokes, explain why their actions were bad, and then explain what they have done to avoid making those types of decisions as well as how much of a challenge it is... all of which Glenn has done...many times...

BWAHAHAHAHAAH I am sure he has at the dinner table, but not on the public airwaves.

chronicnerd wrote:His intentions are good... really you have spoken with him? spent time with him to know him? I haven't either but I am not claiming that he has good intentions, I am claiming that he is a liar and provided proof below and above
He takes responsibility for his own actions...when sober and not on the air
He never immediately blames, but ask if someones actions are right (i.e. "Does that sound like it is right? It is up to you to decide. Do your own research on the subject and come to your own conclusion.") <he does this all the time>BWAHAHAHA BULLSHIT PROOF BELOW, also you might want to quit repeating this, you are trying to drill a speculative lie into peoples heads, when it simply is not true
When someone keeps doing things "questionable"...over and over and over...and Glenn talks about it...over and over and over...there is a point where he is like "Yeah...sure..."... but that is only after he has compiled *volumes* of data, videos, and recordings that pretty much drowns out any doubt.once again not showing you the source material, not showing the whole portions of interviews, what data? Chalkboard chicken scratch is not data....no doubt? well your version of truth is real flimsy friend

I don't see any other news network and/or opinion show act in this manner... not one... no certainly Bill O' Reilly, Hannity, Colmes or even Beck for that matter or anyone at FOX has never done that....NOOOOOOO!

So, I am not sure how/why people are still stuck to their "Hate Glenn" posts... Because he is a liar, a fake, and he is spreading a message of stupidity through the mass media which is a tool for the government, look at boondox, he thinks your enemy is your union worker neighbor. :lol:
He loves the republic... what republic? I knew of one that didn't give a shit about people.
He is religious...and that has to do with what? that he believe in fairy tales too? wow so credible!
He helps entire towns when in need...He does? I must have missed the GLEN BECK Disaster relief bus when it was in town.
He helps people...fall downstairs
He donates all the time...you really should provide proof of these things instead of just believing him at face value.
He is concerned for our troops and Americans...well people in general...wow you mean like most average person does? but this makes him better or more credible somehow?
He even was concerned for our current President's safety in many cases due to the people that were surrounding the President....even though he did not agree with the President's policies...keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer...or as Kennedy would say "Always forgive your enemies, but always remember their names."

OH BOY I WAS WAITING FOR THIS PART THIS WHOLE POST~!

Beck falsely claimed average UAW worker makes $154 per hour
February 19, 2009 8:24 am ET

SUMMARY: Glenn Beck falsely claimed that "the average UAW [United Auto Workers] worker" earns "[a] hundred and fifty-four dollars an hour if you look at -- you know, if you add in all of the benefits." In fact, a recent Barclays Capital analysis reportedly found that U.S. automakers "pay an average of $55 an hour in wages and benefits to hourly workers."

During the February 18 edition of his Fox News program, Glenn Beck falsely claimed that "the average UAW [United Auto Workers] worker" earns "[a] hundred and fifty-four dollars an hour if you look at -- you know, if you add in all of the benefits." In fact, a recent Barclays Capital analysis reportedly found that U.S. automakers "pay an average of $55 an hour in wages and benefits to hourly workers," far less than the figure Beck provided. Beck did not disclose his source for the $154 per hour figure, stating only that he saw it "come across my desk the other day."

Both The Washington Post on February 12 and The Wall Street Journal on February 6 reported that UAW members earn on average $55 per hour in wages and benefits, citing an analysis conducted by Barclays Capital, an international investment bank. Similarly, on December 9, 2008, The New York Times' David Leonhardt calculated that the compensation of unionized autoworkers is "roughly $55 an hour or so," including wages, overtime and vacation pay, health insurance, and benefits.

As Media Matters for America noted, during the final months of 2008, dozens of media figures and outlets advanced the falsehood that autoworkers employed by the domestic automakers are paid $70 or more per hour in wages and benefits, when in fact such estimates include the cost of benefits for current retirees. According to Leondhart, the added cost of retiree benefits "isn't mainly a reflection of how generous the retiree benefits are. It's a reflection of how many retirees there are."

From the February 18 edition of Fox News' Glenn Beck:

BECK: Brain Room downstairs, which is our fact-checker -- I saw something come across my desk the other day -- that the average UAW worker makes a hundred -- I think it was -- Gresh, what was it? A hundred and fifty-four or $152 an hour when you look at -- what?

OFF-SCREEN: A hundred and fifty-four.

BECK: A hundred and fifty-four dollars an hour if you look at -- you know, if you add in all of the benefits. A hundred and fifty-four dollars an hour? How could you possibly be competitive?

MARK McKINNON (spokesman for the Workforce Fairness Institute): Yeah, and it's $1,600 more per car just for the health-care costs for the employee.

Glenn Beck Lies about organizing the "LARGEST PROTEST EVER IN WASHINGTON"

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909140013

Note to Beck: Doors repaired with stimulus funds were hangar doors and did not cost $1.4 million

http://mediamatters.org/research/200907210005

SUMMARY: Echoing the Drudge Report, Glenn Beck falsely claimed that the government spent $1.4 million of economic stimulus funds "to repair a door" at Dyess Air Force Base. In fact, the doors repaired were hangar doors and did not cost that much money.

On the July 20 edition of his Fox News show, Glenn Beck falsely claimed that the government spent $1.4 million of economic stimulus funds "to repair a door" at Dyess Air Force Base, located near Abilene*, Texas, adding, "Wow, what happened to that door? That's a lot of repairing, you know. Can we buy a new one, and cheaper? I don't know what building 5112 is, but it better fly, drop bombs, or have 1.4 million doors." Introducing the segment, Beck stated: "Now, you can go right online and see how they're just peeing your money away." In fact, the repaired doors on Building 5112 were actually hangar doors, and they did not cost $1.4 million to repair.

Beck's claim that the government spent $1.4 million to "repair a door" echoes a headline posted on July 20 on the Drudge Report, which stated: "RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $1,444,100 FOR 'REPAIR DOOR BLDG 5112'..."

In fact, under the "View all project descriptions" link on the page to which the Drudge Report linked, Recovery.gov actually states that the government awarded AFCO Technologies nearly $1.2 million to replace gas mains on the base, and $246,100 to repair doors in Building 5112. A Department of Defense document listing American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects in Texas states that the doors that were repaired in Building 5112 are "hangar doors." Moreover, a May 5 press release from the Dyess Air Force Base stated that the money awarded for the gas main project "may have saved eight jobs" and that the base could "now possibly hire two more employees."

During the segment, Beck -- again echoing the Drudge Report -- also stated that the government "spent $1.1 million on 2-pound frozen ham," and "more than $1.5 million ... for some mozzarella cheese." However, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack issued a statement on July 20 stating that the "references to '2 pound frozen ham sliced' are to the sizes of the packaging. Press reports suggesting that the Recovery Act spent $1.191 million to buy '2 pounds of ham' are wrong." Vilsack added: "In fact, the contract in question purchased 760,000 pounds of ham for $1.191 million, at a cost of approximately $1.50 per pound."

Vilsack also stated that "the U.S. Department of Agriculture has made $100 million available to the states for The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), which acquires food that is distributed to local organizations that assist the needy -- including food banks, food pantries, and soup kitchens."

From the July 20 edition of Fox News' Glenn Beck:

BECK: By the way, we spent $18 million redesigning Recovery.gov. Now, you can go right online and see how they're just peeing your money away. It's great. Like in Los Angeles, where the Department of Agriculture has spent $1.1 million on 2-pound frozen ham, sliced. I hope it's more than just one ham.

By the way, they tell me now it's not just per pound. The -- Agriculture -- Department of Agriculture has pointed this out that they bought 760,000 pounds for $1.50 per pound. We checked at the grocery store, you can get it for $0.80. Some savings, huh? Thanks, Uncle Sam.

In Cleveland, the Department of Agriculture is spending more than $1.5 million from -- for some mozzarella cheese. Wait a minute, I'm seeing a theme here. Oh, please tell me we brought some bread.

The Department of Veterans Affairs in Brooklyn is spending $350,000 to replace and upgrade the dumbwaiter. The dumb waiter, I think, is the guy who brings you a $3 million sandwich, and the dumb taxpayer is the one who gets the bill.

And in San Antonio, Texas, Dyess Air Force Base -- $1.4 million to repair a door at Building 5112. Wow, what happened to that door? That's a lot of repairing, you know. Can we buy a new one, and cheaper? I don't know what building 5112 is, but it better fly, drop bombs, or have 1.4 million doors.

But, maybe it's OK. Maybe we can go ahead and spend all this money, you know, on ham and cheese sandwiches. According to the -- by the way, does anybody know why we're spending all that money on the ham? Are we trying to reassemble a pig? I'm not sure what the Department of Agriculture would need all of that ham for, but maybe it's another luau at the White House.

The stupidity of Beck and his "brain room" LMFAO!:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/07/14/beck-sotomayor-questioning/

Yesterday was the first day of the confirmation hearings for Judge Sonia Sotomayor’s nomination to the Supreme Court. The day consisted of opening statements by Sotomayor and by each member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, but no actual questioning. Glenn Beck apparently wasn’t paying much attention. “As our country burns to the ground,” bellowed Beck on Fox News yesterday, “this is the questioning,” as he played clips of senators praising Sotomayor. Watch it:

Upload to Disclose.tv

more lies:

Glenn Beck says First Lady Michelle Obama has 43 on her staff while Nancy Reagan had just 3:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -has-43-h/

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2010/dec/03/glenn-beck/glenn-beck-paints-beleaguered-wilmington-ohio-real

Glenn Beck paints beleaguered Wilmington, Ohio, as real life Bedford Falls

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/aug/27/glenn-beck/glenn-back-claims-government-is-trying-to-close-Li/

Glenn Beck claims government is trying to close Lincoln Memorial to large gatherings

I have sooooooooooo Many more, but I think it is self evident, if you can't trust a liar who do you trust?

YOURSELF!

enough of this Glenn Beck shit, lets get out and actually try to get to the bottom of things, as you saw here this didn't take long to expose, he doesn't take long to expose, so what should you do?

formulate your own decisions, don't watch the MSM, read articles and take information that collaborate and are sourced from EACH OTHER, NOT FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS!

I can't believe that I took this long just to prove a point, but then again I can't believe that people would be so naive and invest so much trust into a person that is a proven liar and a fraud.

Calls all of us that believe 9/11 was an inside job "LOONEYS", "COMMIES", ANTI AMERICAN, when it is him and his whole posse on NBC, CNN and everywhere else that are the traitors and PROVEN entities of the governments arm and sure enough we have the people parroting him, calling people commies, because they don't believe him. I mean WOW, just WOW!

and we are fighting the what now?

oh that's right, dis-information :roll:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 3:55 am » by Rydher

Epic, I don't have the time to rebuttal everything you posted but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when you use Media Matters as a source against GB.

I still went though your post and with ALL the shit Glenn Beck has talked about over the years. You pick these as your top disinformation items, with most made 2 years ago?
    How much a union worker makes if you figure in all his benefits.
    How much it cost to fix a door.
    The size of a crowd as reported overseas
    The amount of people Michelle Obama has on her staff compared to Nancy Regan
    The government is stopping applications to protest at the Lincoln Memorial

Really? I can honestly say that I don't think you listened to what Glenn Beck actually said and just ran with the story and assumed they told everything in context. And I'm sure you checked up on any corrections he made when he was wrong. :roll:

Is he perfect? No, and he never has claimed to be. But out of all the outrageous shit he says. The above are the top things you have against the man and assume everything he says is bull shit? Check your sources. By reading your other posts I know your smarter than this.

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 24, 2011 4:07 am » by Epicfailure

rydher wrote:Epic, I don't have the time

so you are half assing it again rydher is that what I am getting?

didn't read the whole thing? probably missed some covered points.

so if I did it's true, he claimed it and it wasn't true, do you have something to the contrary that he did actually say those and they ended up being true?

didn't think so.

rydher wrote:I still went though your post and with ALL the shit Glenn Beck has talked about over the years. You pick these as your top disinformation items, with most made 2 years ago?

and here is one of the missed points, rydher next time you post, read the whole thing, because nowhere in that post did I saw that was the BEST REBUTTALS OF BECK, they were the most recently discovered lies of beck, not the BEST, you can tune in tomorrow and watch him to catch his best if you want...

does it matter how old it is? you think because people forget about it that it makes it ok after awhile? what planet are you from?

rydher wrote:
    How much a union worker makes if you figure in all his benefits.
    How much it cost to fix a door.
    The size of a crowd as reported overseas
    The amount of people Michelle Obama has on her staff compared to Nancy Regan
    The government is stopping applications to protest at the Lincoln Memorial

yep, that is what I posted........and?

rydher wrote:Really? I can honestly say that I don't think you listened to what Glenn Beck actually said and just ran with the story and assumed they told everything in context. And I'm sure you checked up on any corrections he made when he was wrong. :roll:

LOL this coming from a guy that just said this to me:

rydher wrote:Epic, I don't have the time

BWAHAHA!

and the websites have videos of everything he said to go with the script, LOL where did you conjure up that I didn't have context formation? maybe you should pull your half-assed attempts and try for a full one and click on the links you arrogant individual... that is why links are posted so you can say:

"oh wow they actually did have videos of his lips, lining up with those scripts there!"

:lol:

rydher wrote:Is he perfect? No, and he never has claimed to be. But out of all the outrageous shit he says. The above are the top things you have against the man and assume everything he says is bull shit? Check your sources.

never said he was perfect, never would, he is far from it, never said he claimed to be either, but you fools that are chummy with him sure like to pull the "PROVE THAT HE IS A LIAR CARD!" and I did just that.

check my sources? check your fingers for inept abilities to click links and find the video, script, and rebuttal of this joke of a man....

LOL seriously it's easy.

and yes I am pretty sure everything he says is a mix of fact, with rinse cycle dis-information, mixed with delusional tumble dry recovering alcoholic principles of self righteousness and fakery...

how is that for a description?

PreviousNext