The Energy of Thought: Key to a Multidimensional World

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 8:15 pm » by Megavirus


I want to know if someone can tell me if this is considered an OBE.
I remember like a month ago i try'd to experience another outer body experience so I passed out as soon as i did i was aware i was sleeping you can automatically say I'm dreaming but I didn't see anything but pitch black just exactly the same as having your eyes closed, anyways I try to get out of my body so when I was attempting to do this my body wouldn't let me it kinda hurt it felt like a strong magnet was keeping my soul in place, so i wake up in the same position practically and I was aware it was a dream or so to speak.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:37 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 9:32 pm » by Lucidlemondrop


megavirus wrote:I want to know if someone can tell me if this is considered an OBE.
I remember like a month ago i try'd to experience another outer body experience so I passed out as soon as i did i was aware i was sleeping you can automatically say I'm dreaming but I didn't see anything but pitch black just exactly the same as having your eyes closed, anyways I try to get out of my body so when I was attempting to do this my body wouldn't let me it kinda hurt it felt like a strong magnet was keeping my soul in place, so i wake up in the same position practically and I was aware it was a dream or so to speak.


Low6 and Mugenroshi both are pretty versed on these things, maybe one of those guys will see your post and share an opinion with it.

I was doing an energy meditation one time and when I stopped *sending out* the energy and attempted to refocus I felt a strong magnetic pull at the back of my neck that freaked me out a bit, but that is as close to a similar experience that I have had............
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm » by Megavirus


lucidlemondrop wrote:
megavirus wrote:I want to know if someone can tell me if this is considered an OBE.
I remember like a month ago i try'd to experience another outer body experience so I passed out as soon as i did i was aware i was sleeping you can automatically say I'm dreaming but I didn't see anything but pitch black just exactly the same as having your eyes closed, anyways I try to get out of my body so when I was attempting to do this my body wouldn't let me it kinda hurt it felt like a strong magnet was keeping my soul in place, so i wake up in the same position practically and I was aware it was a dream or so to speak.


Low6 and Mugenroshi both are pretty versed on these things, maybe one of those guys will see your post and share an opinion with it.

I was doing an energy meditation one time and when I stopped *sending out* the energy and attempted to refocus I felt a strong magnetic pull at the back of my neck that freaked me out a bit, but that is as close to a similar experience that I have had............

hhmm I had it to my upper spine and shoulders that seems pretty close to me.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8431
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:37 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 10:07 pm » by Lucidlemondrop


I found this............

A lot happens when you meditate, provided you have a good method and use it correctly. During meditation, the energy that flows through your peripheral nervous system is withdrawn into the spine and channeled up to the brain. This phenomenon is known as “magnetic pull” and it has two effects: it causes the body to enter a state of restful rejuvenation and it super-charges the mind with the energy needed to experience higher states of awareness
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 10:22 pm » by Mugenroshi8


@Lucid
Thanks! I'll what I'm comfortable with, but most of this I will leave to LowSix and other's who participate specifically with OBE.

@Megavirus
Yes, the spinal cord is an important ingredient for sure. When learning how to coordinate mind/body, for most western thinkers it is very beneficial for us to understand the Nervous System and the various ways it can be used to understand the way our body's react to various stimuli. The spinal cord plays a role there.

To be blunt, most learn when meditating to keep the back straight, keep the spinal cord straight. This is multi-functional and is used to keep important pathways open within the body (for superior circulation) and to align organs and bodily systems in a manner they are being utilized and not hindered. For instance: back straight is good, but notice how when you attempt to straighten your spine, your chin tilts downward slightly and there is a pull at the back of the neck, almost as if you are pulling the base of your neck towards the sky. Now the spine is straight and the pathways open for a more vivid experience.

As for OBE; well, it was taught to us as the manner of "journeying," and mentioned in Third Eye exercises, but to be honest I never applied it this way. I had different applications I was interested in using my Third Eye with. It wasn't long ago however, a friend shared with me a video on a Taoist master using the technique as it was intended; so I experimented, we thought it would be fun. The results are still in the air as I have not been faithful to my practices regarding this application, and it will take the better part of a year for me to complete the exercise as it was originally intended. Everything in it's time I guess.

But I do know LowSix is big on these experiences, and I agree, I think he would be an informative source you can trust on method. There are others too, DMTShaman (sp?) is one, and there have been a couple other DTV writers who are familiar, but my memory is the suck. Good fortunes on your experimentation though!
Image

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostTue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 pm » by Megavirus


mugenroshi8 wrote:@Lucid
Thanks! I'll what I'm comfortable with, but most of this I will leave to LowSix and other's who participate specifically with OBE.

@Megavirus
Yes, the spinal cord is an important ingredient for sure. When learning how to coordinate mind/body, for most western thinkers it is very beneficial for us to understand the Nervous System and the various ways it can be used to understand the way our body's react to various stimuli. The spinal cord plays a role there.

To be blunt, most learn when meditating to keep the back straight, keep the spinal cord straight. This is multi-functional and is used to keep important pathways open within the body (for superior circulation) and to align organs and bodily systems in a manner they are being utilized and not hindered. For instance: back straight is good, but notice how when you attempt to straighten your spine, your chin tilts downward slightly and there is a pull at the back of the neck, almost as if you are pulling the base of your neck towards the sky. Now the spine is straight and the pathways open for a more vivid experience.

As for OBE; well, it was taught to us as the manner of "journeying," and mentioned in Third Eye exercises, but to be honest I never applied it this way. I had different applications I was interested in using my Third Eye with. It wasn't long ago however, a friend shared with me a video on a Taoist master using the technique as it was intended; so I experimented, we thought it would be fun. The results are still in the air as I have not been faithful to my practices regarding this application, and it will take the better part of a year for me to complete the exercise as it was originally intended. Everything in it's time I guess.

But I do know LowSix is big on these experiences, and I agree, I think he would be an informative source you can trust on method. There are others too, DMTShaman (sp?) is one, and there have been a couple other DTV writers who are familiar, but my memory is the suck. Good fortunes on your experimentation though!

Ya i was trying to explain what if felt when attempting to sperate myself from my flesh and things are starting to come back into memory cause its been a little while but what I felt was this my soul can move a little in my body but when trying to get out of it I felt this strong magnet pull through out the top part of my body which was my arms my shoulder and upper spine area with a numbing sensation that tingled kinda strong that when i woke up it made me feel worn ou from the effort.

I know how to have lucid dreams this is a peice of cake for me which lead me to the next step OBE I just want to know from somebody that knows well that can tell the difference apart from lucid dreaming and OBE.

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 am » by Lowsix


@mega..

What you experienced is an intermediary step between where one can lucid dream, or escape to an OBE. Its a great Clue to recognize, and differentiate from normal sleep..

They (obe and Lucid dreams) are radically different in form and content and you'll have no problem discerning between the two, once you OBE. Trust me.

What ive enjoyed about people relating their experiences, is that i can tell who is really on their way, and who is jsut dreaming, and in particular, your description of waking into that sorta dark place, is a very telling cue. Its a great sign. I go through this as well..

What is occuring, is that you ARE actually falling asleep, and then waking up in a conscious state...while remaining asleep..within sleep itself. For those who prefer Lucid dreaming, this is where that ability kicks in. You can go from this state straight into Lucid, mostly becuase the brain has generally stopped communicating and words and passed over into Symbols. Thats the reason that lucid dreaming is easy to kick in, because you are able to control the progression of symbols to form a visual dialog which then becomes a dream in which you can control all the details (symbols), as opposed to being consciously awake, where we are restricted to stringing words (the meaning applied to symbols) together to create sentences.. So in effect, that Waking while Sleeping..is the Cusp of Conscious thought, and unconscious thought (not to be confused with Subconscious thought)

The second detail you related is the static cling, as I like to call it, and the vibration. IN my own internal theorizing, I feel that the soul is connected to the body with Static electricity. This isnt scientific in any form, but i think it applies, as it is almost always my experience.. Its like your sock being stuck to your pants leg.. If you were to grab both ends of the sock, you would sense the total field resistance.. I am almost positive iinsome way, they are analogs.

For instance, on unsuccessful OBE attempts, or accidental ones, i find that i get "stuck" by that electricity. Although I can feel the static, i cannot break its graps, and somically, i end up anchored at either my chest, head or waist..and i am able to rotate around the "stuck" point..somewhat like angus young doing a solo on the floor..in circles. I can see everything around me, but Im just stuck on this pivot point, vibrating so hard i feel as though ive stuck a finger into a socket.

NOW..when i CAN get free..i feel a ripping feeling, along with a static crackle, and then once i am released..often i go flyin from the kinetic inertia i have applied to TRYING to get free..its like grabbing onto a bar of soap, when it slips free. Thats what the release feels like, and often i wont even know whats happened exactly and will think i just sat up and got out of bed suddenly..

The key for me has always beena practiced self awareness, becuase theres a tricky feature of all this.. Even though ive been working n it soooooo long (im not great at it by the way..its very awkward..but have learned a lot) there is this forgetfulness that i experience, no matter how many times it happens. Sleepparalysis can sill terrorize me, Waking Suring Sleep can still confuse me, and slipping out of my body (even knowing and being aware of the receding) I can FORGET that im projecting..and sometimes there are beings there, that are scary, and STILL they can scare the fuck out of me.. BUT on the times i can remain aware..sort of like aware of every step of the process...i can overcome some of these 'setbacks', but its never guaranteed.

They key is just being aware of what stage youre in, practicing changing your inner dialog from words to symbols and pictures, relaxing when the static comes, relaxing if paralysis comes, relaxing if you see the beings (generally a short one or two, and a tall skinny one.....VERY VERY common with travelers), and relaxing to break free by simply willing yourself up.

The feeling of being able to move within your body is important, and you need to develop a procedure for that. Some use an invisible Hammock method, where they feel themselvesin a hammock and swing it mentally, until they are able to flip the hammock several times. At that point you should be able to wrench yourself free... Another is once you wake up on that dark space, is to imagine a rope in front of you, and to reach for it, and pull yourslef up and out of the grasp of the static. Once you are out, it will be functionall as though you just got up out of bed. One difference may be the color tint of your vision (mine is blue) and the difficulty in moving around effectively (i still REALLY struggle with this)..since you dont have actual feet, and dont move from friction, you have to learn how to stay clam, and will yourself around. And recognize which rules still apply and which dont. Like you can go through some walls but not others, or mirrors perhaps, due to mental resistance to the thought that you could breach a door. Once you relaise it, you can do it. Also in the beginning you may find yourself going through floors and walls and being confused by the point of view within those objects, which then leasds to analysis, which is a consious process, and you may get stuck. I have a particular problem with floors and bedsheets. When i am in the floor, i get fascinated with the layers and wood, and grime, and carpet up close so i strat trying to figure it out, and i get stuck, then get paralyzed, then freak out, then wake up. Same with Bedsheets, Sometimes i slip out of my body like syrup and slip to the floor, landing under the fringe of the bed. For some reason this is overwhelmingly intrigueing and confusing.. that i try to figure out what Im seeing, then CRACK!! Im awake.laying face down on the bed..

this was long so let me know if you have further questions.
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Writer
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 am

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 7:24 am » by Megavirus


As for how long it is its pretty interesting to read, I wanted to say i felt static vibrant feeling just how you explained i just didn't want to mention this cause I wasn't sure you guys would understand but aparently you do.
One of you experiences with visualizing detail is one of my first OBE experiences or so to say.
I remember waking and getting out of my body with no problem at all just the wierd thing is I'm human still, I look at my fingers and can see my finger prints very clearly just the same as when awake but in more detail I decided to go through my door but was afriad of what was on the other side then suddenly I felt vunerable to evil spirits so I decided to enter my body that was laying on my bed cuz I was afraid so i did but waking up still dreaming then i turned blind and started to worry what people would think of me beng blind now so i enter my body agian but still waking up in my dream basically I was trapped in my dream and couldn't wake up, after that I was afriad to do it again till this time even the one I was explaining I felt afriad after waking up to do it again I don't know there something about it that makes me feel where not allowed to do this and there will be consequences.

For some reason when lucid dreaming I can control the dream but when doing OBE I can't really thats what I'm trying to figure out why so I can control it.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am » by Mugenroshi8


As I'm reading ya'lls posts, I'm becoming less and less clear on the terminology I use to describe things. So I will share and you will judge.

@Megavirus
When I lucid dream (or however you wish to describe that method of experience), I can travel, and I do. From how I'm hearing things described, and under the context of OBE, I'm beginning to wonder really where a line is drawn. A recent experience I had sounds very similar to yours, so I wanted to share with you. As you are familiar with lucid dreaming I will speak plainly because you'll know what I'm talking about.

When traveling, I'm always completely aware of where my body is, even when in multiple places at once. I am always absolutely aware that my body is laying on the couch, I can feel it, see the room from angles of only laying in that spot, on the couch. However, wherever it is I have 'traveled' to, I am completely there as well, observing everything completely from that single perspective as well. And somehow through and through, neither disturbs the other. It is simply an awareness. To be more clear, the awareness that my body is laying on the couch is simply accepted, and there is no thought on my body being there at Point-A, I am simply aware that it is. My awareness of being at Point - B, however is indeed guided by intention/visualization.; but unlike a dream where you create your environment intentionally, this is how that location actually is. The intention/visualization is like punching in coordinates on a GPS (horrible example, please forgive me, I'm having a hard time putting this stuff in words). You cannot explain that as you are completely aware that your body is laying on the couch at Point - A, but you know that its true because your body is also presently at Point - B, observing an environment every bit as real and down to the detail as the one your body in Point - A is aware of. And when you stare at your hands while standing at Point - B, they will show every bit the detail and articulation as staring at your hands at Point - A; why? Because you are completely aware of both places at once.

For actual movement, if I allow myself to get carried away with the feeling ya'll are mentioning, I will soar out of control, panic, and jolt back to Point - A. So I swim. Like if you blow all the air out of your body under water, and sink to the bottom; lay there on your belly, then give your body even the slightest motion, the currents will carry you much farther than if you do such laying on the grass. So while traveling, to control movements and get myself to Point - B without losing control (such a bad word as the way I mean to convey is yielding to the current with only the most slight and subtle hints of push/will/guide/etc.). So I don't throw myself or try to fly, I simply give a nudge of intent, and the currents will move you in the direction of the Point - of - Intention.

[Endnote: I don't want to label my experience as OBE because that passing through experience Low mentioned, I cannot bring a memory of ever doing that. If you eliminate Time/Space/Gravity (gravity relating to your means of travel), my experience would be more like that. I could go around, and through open portals, but I cannot remember passing through as is described by Low and many other people familiar with OBE experiences.]

I hope that helped, I'm becoming more confused the more I read of others experiences, but this is such a fascinating read altogether
Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:28 am

PostWed Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am » by Mugenroshi8


LowSix wrote:I have gatekeepers that threaten me when i astral travel.
Two little short ones, and a tall skinny one..hes scary. And strong


AHHH!!! I read this and wanted to share a dream with you Low! Haha, if you were there it would've cracked you up, but you're going to have to enjoy the shared version!

So I was having a very vivid dream, and I remember meditating prior to sleep on meeting someone I had encountered in a prior dream, there were things said that felt unfinished. So as I was moving in my dream, I found myself in an abandoned hospital, and a few adolescent to young children came running up to me terrified out their minds. They kept asking me to help them, or get them away from what was coming. Me, being me, smiled and told them that I wouldn't let anything harm them - completely believing it too. So one little girl looked over her shoulder, towards a double doorway (ya know, the push ones in hospitals). As I watched the door I could feel my confidence slipping, and remember the vibrations heading towards us (footsteps?).

Knowing something not-good was about to happen, I told the children to continue through and shared with them the method of leaving the place, the manner in which I had entered. As they rushed off, the doors kick open. What happened next was so inhumanly fast, that all I really remember was being thrown out the window, and as my body was sailing towards the ground I was thinking calmly to myself, "that just isn't possible." Haha! After hitting the ground (there was no pain), I started to sit up and brush the glass off myself. Then I remembered what just happened and look up. Several figures are staring down at me, and I even though they look like men, I know they are not.

Looking over my shoulder, I see the children disappear in the bushes. Wanting to lead the men away, I start running in the other direction. They give chase (great chase, but I'll spare the details), and I get to a point where I know for a fact I lost them. I mean, I know for a fact, there is no way they can catch up to me. Stopping for a moment to reflect, not quite sure what happened or what was supposed to happen - I look back up and there they are. The lead man is well over 7 feet tall, and the two behind them about my size, but very wide.

Knowing I was going to get my ass kicked, and there was absolutely nothing I could humanly do to prevent it, I lifted my chin, stared at the lead figure as he approached me, and waited. Once the giant man got about 6 inches from me, he crossed his arms and stared down at me, completely unreadable.

"How are things going soldier?" he asked me, sounding embarrassingly like some "I'm so patriotic you should put me on a poster" type of officer.

Absolutely confused, and not registering, I said what came most natural.
"I'm good."

A big old smile went across his face and he nodded. "Excellent! Carry on then!" And just like that, him and his teleporting, ass kicking buddies were gone.

Haha, see the troubles kids get you in?
Image


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook