The eyes of Marines before, during & after Afghanistan.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7664
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 pm » by 99socks


Spock wrote:I'm a fan of the imp, I hope he becomes King.



:flop:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014








I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 am
Location: Southern California

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm » by SUKHOV


domdabears wrote:Do you know anyone who was in the war?

I have three good friends who were and are.

2 are still in Afghanistan, and 1 was in Iraq. He's done now though. Has Agoraphobia and post traumatic stress.

The two in Afghanistan post on Facebook all the time. Pictures and updates and stuff like that.



I have a buddy who's seal team 5, he's out on deployment right now. My other buddies are marines and army and did go during Iraq/Afghan, but have since gotten out. They weren't the same people when they came back. They came back men, and were far more humble when they came back.

If you've seen the Movie Restrepo, a good friend of mine had been in the Korengal valley during that docu...He said it's the worst experience of war he had. the Docu was dedicated to a Doc named Restrepo because he had gotten shot in the neck in the first few days of being there...they couldn't save him. :(
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 pm » by Poooooot


Teloc wrote:
Spock wrote:I'm a fan of the imp, I hope he becomes King.



yeah.. tyrion is my fav too...

"I shook the one-eyed snake. I let ze bald head cry.."

LOL...

I love Tyrion! :love:

Edit: as much as I love Tyrion, I feel like Robert's bastard is the rightful heir. Shit, what is his name?
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:04 am

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 pm » by flsts1


domdabears wrote:Do you know anyone who was in the war?


yup...a few of them (wars...if you want to call them that. Most warfare nowdays I'd call low to mid to high intensity conflicts. War for me would be like the way I've thought of the two Great Wars...doesn't matter what you call them.... they ALL suck...)
...What do you want to know, Dom?
Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.
Albert Einstein

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13734
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm » by domdabears


Travvysavvy wrote:If you've seen the Movie Restrepo, a good friend of mine had been in the Korengal valley during that docu...He said it's the worst experience of war he had. the Docu was dedicated to a Doc named Restrepo because he had gotten shot in the neck in the first few days of being there...they couldn't save him. :(

I've seen it 2 times.

It's really good.

I watch a lot of war documentaries.

Even on TV. "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan" on G4 channel.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 pm » by Ohj33bus


it takes awhile for the sadness to go away I was in afghanistan and Iraq after 9/11 happened. I decided to spend my next four years in the Marines doing non combat jobs after my first four were over. It's rough what you/they experience and you never forget it, but it mrakes your mind stronger as you get older, if you had a strong mind to begin with. I consider myself lucky because of the time that I went in, and I will always remember my fallen brothers and the ones after me. God speed Marines.
The thing about smart mother fuckers is that they sound like crazy mother fuckers to dumb mother fuckers

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 950
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:18 pm

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 pm » by Teloc


Poooooot wrote:
Teloc wrote:
Spock wrote:I'm a fan of the imp, I hope he becomes King.



yeah.. tyrion is my fav too...

"I shook the one-eyed snake. I let ze bald head cry.."

LOL...

I love Tyrion! :love:

Edit: as much as I love Tyrion, I feel like Robert's bastard is the rightful heir. Shit, what is his name?


johnnyboy snow..
Image
Er ist nicht hier, er ist auferstanden.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm » by Tjahzi


gripping pictures..

the eyes tell so much
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 am
Location: Southern California

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 am » by SUKHOV


domdabears wrote:
Travvysavvy wrote:If you've seen the Movie Restrepo, a good friend of mine had been in the Korengal valley during that docu...He said it's the worst experience of war he had. the Docu was dedicated to a Doc named Restrepo because he had gotten shot in the neck in the first few days of being there...they couldn't save him. :(

I've seen it 2 times.

It's really good.

I watch a lot of war documentaries.

Even on TV. "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan" on G4 channel.




Same here Dom, and for your friends and family(if you had any family who were) who were in the service, I give my condolences
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 pm

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 am » by Newdawnrising


The Thousand yard stare, screams, YOU HAD TO BE THERE. Most of the men from my family had that stare, it looked right through you, not disconnected, just anticipating. It's sad, but, it is what it is. :?:
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook