The ghost of Alcatraz: Tourists spooked by photograph of you

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 5:17 am » by Malogg

The ghost of Alcatraz: Tourists spooked by photograph of young woman waiting in the notorious prison’s visitation block

A photograph of a ghost-like figure appearing at the window of an Alcatraz prison block has baffled the couple who took it.

The spooky picture was taken by Sheila Sillery-Walsh at Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, off the coast of San Francisco, California.

The former prison site, long considered to be one of the most haunted places in the US, was once home to hundreds of notorious murderers, bank robbers, and gangsters such as Al Capone.

In the spooky image, the shadowy girl can be seen staring directly through the window at the camera from inside the inmates' visitation waiting room.

ImageImage
The cell window, pictured as it should look on the left, and on the right with the spooky woman peering through

Paul Rice, left, and Sheila Sillery-Walsh, right, took the picture when visiting Alcatraz on holiday in April

Teaching assistant Sheila Sillery-Walsh from Birmingham took the photo on her iPhone 5c when she visited the former prison in April while on holiday in San Francisco with her partner, Paul Rice.

The 48-year-old said: 'Alcatraz Penitentiary is a must-see for any tourist. However as soon as we entered the prison, everything felt very eerie. I didn't feel comfortable there.

'Whilst doing an audio-tour of the place, I casually stopped to take a snap of the empty visitation block window on my iPhone.
'When I glanced at the photo on my mobile, I saw this dark female figure in the picture. I looked at the window again and there was no-one in the room.

'I knew straight away that the woman in the photo was a ghost and showed the snap to Paul.

'From that point onwards, I wasn't interested in the Alcatraz tour anymore. I just kept looking at the picture over and over again!'

Alcatraz pictured from across San Francisco Bay where attempted escapees were thought to have drowned
The imposing fortress has not been used as a prison since 1963 and is now a popular tourist attraction
Gangster Al Capone was one of the prison's most famous inmates, spending time there in the late 1930s

Mr Rice has never believed in ghosts but admits that the strange snapshot has shaken his confidence.

The 50-year-old explained: 'When I first saw the photo, I tried to rationalize the female figure away by saying it was just Sheila's reflection.

'But with closer inspection, it's obvious that this is not the case at all. The woman's hair and clothing is from a different era - it looks like she's from the 1930s or 40s.

'I have no logical explanation for the girl in the picture - I'm baffled by her! It's funny because she's staring right at the camera, with a knowing look.

'I was really skeptical about ghosts before but I'm a bit more of a believer now. I do think that the woman in the photo is a ghost.'

The couple have tried to find out the identity of the ghostly woman in the photo by contacting staff at the Alcatraz site, but none of the old-timers could recognize the woman in the picture.

'I am so curious to know who she could be though - perhaps she was a female visitor of a prisoner who kept returning back. I would love to know why she's shown herself in my photo.

'Weirdly when we were near that cell, a woman came on the audio tour who used to visit a prisoner. It makes you wonder.'

Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary was a maximum high-security federal prison, which operated from

video inside >
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... block.html
HAHA Image

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 7:31 pm » by Malogg

See 9 ghost sightings that will terrify you after Alcatraz prison gets a spooky visitor

From shadowy figures in castles to hooded ghosts scaring the locals at pubs, we've rounded up the scariest supernatural sightings

Ghostly: A mysterious woman is spotted in an empty cell

Are you afraid of the dark? Well brace yourself, because you soon might be.

This creepy image shows a ghostly girl lurking in one of the prison cells at the notorious Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary.

It was captured by teaching assistant Sheila Sillery-Walsh while on a tour of the infamous jailhouse, off the coast of San Franciso, California.

The prison is considered to be one of the most haunted places in America.

To mark the latest paranormal sighting we have given you the heads-up on nine more ghostly goings-on sure to send a shiver down your spin

A ghost takes in New Year's Eve celebrations
Jules Annan / Barcroft Media What appears to be a ghostly figure has been photographed near the Houses Of Parliament
What appears to be a ghostly figure near the Houses Of Parliament

One London photographer was preoccupied with spirits of a different kind as he took in New Year's Eve celebrations last year.

Professional snapper Jules Annan believed he caught a ghost looking out over the River Thames near Westminster Bridge.

The transparent figure appears to be dressed in modern clothing with a red jacket, winter boots and a cap.

Annan's spooky shot had sceptics talking but it seemed to convince paranormal investigator Lee Roberts, owner of Haunted Events UK.

He said: "He has found a live one here - or a dead one, as it were."

Is this misty figure the White Lady of Rufford?
Ghost spotted in Rufford Abbey Country Park

Look closely and this misty snap might just reveal the ghost of the White Lady of Rufford.

Ill-fated Arbella Stuart is said to wander the ruins of the historic Rufford Abbey in Nottinghamshire.

And when teenager Cameron Hamilton caught this spooky apparition on his phone staff at the abbey were convinced it was the lady of legends.

The blurry snap shows a young woman in old-fashioned dress hovering over the door.

15-year-old Cameron said: "I was quite surprised and was not expecting it. I believe in ghosts and the supernatural and this has convinced me they do exist."

The ghost of Hampton Court
The ghost of Hampton Court?

Hampton Court became Henry VIII's in 1528 and is said to be haunted by the king along with his wives Jane Seymour and Catherine Howard.

In 2003 security staff were alerted when an alarm went off to say a pair of heavy wooden doors had suddenly burst open.

They raced to check doors - only to find nothing there.

It was only when they later inspected CCTV cameras they discovered a mysterious figure draped in a cloak appearing at the doorway shortly before they arrived.

Bosses at Hampton Court said no other cameras had captured anyone near the doorway at the time.

A spooky vision haunts a Grade-II listed pub
Orb captured in Grade II-listed manor

This orb-like object might look pretty harmless, but the boss of a Grade-II listed pub says it's just one of a number of supernatural sightings plaguing his boozer.

The spooky sight was capured at Allerton Hall pub in Liverpool by shocked members of staff.

The pub, now known as the Pub in the Park, was built in 1736 and there has been a manor on the site since medieval times.

General manager Joe McCann said: "Ghost hunts here in the past have found some strange things like orbs and other supernatural activity so who know what's going on."

In a spooky coincidence, the pub is owned by the Spirit company.

Hooded figure stops by for a spirit
VIDEO INSIDE > http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... fy-3715926

Perhaps unsurprisingly our next chilling encounter takes us to the fourth oldest pub in Britain.

Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton dates back to 1251 and is said to be haunted by the Seventh Earl of Derby, James Stanley.

This toe-curling footage captures a hooded figure appearing near the bar during the night - with CCTV suddenly stopping soon after.

Manager Tony Dooley said: "I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it had stopped working.

"To be honest I was a bit concerned - I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to ghosts but you become more of a believer when you see things like that."

This ghost gets nasty

Upload to Disclose.tv

This video captures what happens when ghosts get nasty.

The extraordinary CCTV footage shows a man being pushed to the ground before he is mysteriously dragged along a corridor.

The 60-second scare-fest starts with a man striding briskly along a white hall before a ghostly apparition appears in front of him.

He is hurled to the floor and dragged a short distance before the man stumbles to his feet.

Understandably the man then flees looking seriously spooked.

Read more and view videos inside >>>

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... fy-3715926

:scary: :lol:
HAHA Image