The Ghosts Of Chernobyl

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 am » by Memccool

cool more parts to it?
Hi, how are you today? Would u like a tall glass of SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 2:08 am » by Thesaint

Thanks for posting, I found that interesting. I have always thought that we are not seeing dead people as much as either live people but in their own time which sometimes cut across ours or something totally alien to us. I hate it when you see programmes like we have in the uk that say something like, "Ghosts, place of evil" I think that it's totally disrespectful to think that, especially if you believe it's the dead, why are they evil?

Anyways the evidence as with ufo's definately tells us that there is something we don't understand but personally I'm more inclined to think that its something else rather than dead people. If some of the latest research is correct with regard to our understanding of time and space then maybe its parallels. Often people have seen figures walking through walls or walking on the ground but their legs are missing.

There are cases where this has happened and old plans have been studied and often were the apparition walked through the wall there was once a doorway. Where they have been seen with no legs the floor has been raised a foot or so. This tells me that it has something to do with time rather than lost souls.

Not far from were I live there is a city called Chester which was once a Roman garrison. People have been seeing ranks of Roman Soldiers for years but often with their legs or feet missing. They are often seen from the waist up walking over an old bridge which has been rebuilt and raised at least three feet.

It has been said that they see us as we see them but obviously this is guess work at best.

Anyway appreciate that, it was entertaining and better than the average ghost hunt, I shall watch more of these. Just about to watch the one about Thailand were my girlie is from.

There is one about Homosexual ghosts I just hope it doesn't put the "WILLIES" up me. :lol:

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 am » by Badger

thesaint wrote:Thanks for posting, I found that interesting. I have always thought that we are not seeing dead people as much as either live people but in their own time which sometimes cut across ours or something totally alien to us. I hate it when you see programmes like we have in the uk that say something like, "Ghosts, place of evil" I think that it's totally disrespectful to think that, especially if you believe it's the dead, why are they evil?

Anyways the evidence as with ufo's definately tells us that there is something we don't understand but personally I'm more inclined to think that its something else rather than dead people. If some of the latest research is correct with regard to our understanding of time and space then maybe its parallels. Often people have seen figures walking through walls or walking on the ground but their legs are missing.

There are cases where this has happened and old plans have been studied and often were the apparition walked through the wall there was once a doorway. Where they have been seen with no legs the floor has been raised a foot or so. This tells me that it has something to do with time rather than lost souls.

Not far from were I live there is a city called Chester which was once a Roman garrison. People have been seeing ranks of Roman Soldiers for years but often with their legs or feet missing. They are often seen from the waist up walking over an old bridge which has been rebuilt and raised at least three feet.

It has been said that they see us as we see them but obviously this is guess work at best.

Anyway appreciate that, it was entertaining and better than the average ghost hunt, I shall watch more of these. Just about to watch the one about Thailand were my girlie is from.

There is one about Homosexual ghosts I just hope it doesn't put the "WILLIES" up me. :lol:

I must concur with a lot of what you are saying.

My personal belief about ghostly apparitions is that they are like recordings just replaying over and over. Sort of like an environmental recording when there is a lot of energy (good or bad), there are very few stories of people interacting with ghosts.
EVP and playing with Ouija boards are different matters though.

Conspirator

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 5:04 am » by Svaha

The radiation causes a change in perception.
Look where old sacred temples were build (now most likely you'll find churches there), you'll find them on the crossings of dragon lines. It is said that there the heaven meets the earth, meaning that the cosmic radiation almost touches the ground because the field off the earth (or a field line *dunno how to put this in English*) is closer to the earth.
For the same reason oracles were on places where there was a even higher radiation caused by ore in the ground, or vulcanic fumes (these can also shift the assembly point)
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 am » by Papermoon

Yeah there has always been somehting about the chernobyl area that is so spooky! Check out this link too. Also the auther of the thread says that chernobyl means wormwood in Ukranian, as in wormwood from the Bible where it describes wormwood making the waters bitter etc., I found that interesting for what it's worth.

Here's a part of her quote: remember..

In Ukrainian language ( where we don't like to say "the") Chernobyl is the name of a grass, wormwood (absinth). This word scares the holy bejesus out of people here. Maybe part of the reason for that among religious people is because the Bible mentions Wormwood in the book of the revelatons - which fortells the end of the world....

REV 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

REV 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

If I tell someone that I am heading to a "dead zone"... the best case response is; "Are you nuts?"

Then check out her pictures!

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html Very interesting!

"600 years
On the Friday evening of April 25, 1986, the reactor crew at Chernobyl-4, prepared to run a test the next day to see how long the turbines would keep spinning and producing power if the electrical power supply went off line. This was a dangerous test, but it had been done before. As a part of the preparation, they disabled some critical control systems - including the automatic shutdown safety mechanisms.

Shortly after 1:00 AM on April 26, the flow of coolant water dropped and the power began to increase.

At 1:23 AM, the operator moved to shut down the reactor in its low power mode and a domino effect of previous errors caused an sharp power surge, triggering a tremendous steam explosion which blew the 1000 ton cap on the nuclear containment vessel to smithereens.

Some of the 211 control rods melted and then a second explosion, whose cause is still the subject of disagreement among experts, threw out fragments of the burning radioactive fuel core and allowed air to rush in - igniting several tons of graphite insulating blocks.

Once graphite starts to burn, its almost impossible to extinguish. It took 9 days and 5000 tons of sand, boron, dolomite, clay and lead dropped from helicopters to put it out. The radiation was so intense that many of those brave pilots died.

It was this graphite fire that released most of the radiation into the atmosphere and troubling spikes in atmospheric radiation were measured as far away as Sweden - thousands of miles away.

The causes of the accident are described as a fateful combination of human error and imperfect technology.

In keeping with a long tradition of Soviet justice, they imprisoned all the people who worked on that shift - regardless of their guilt. The man who tried to stop the chain reaction in a last desperate attempt to avoid the meltdown was sentenced to 14 years in prison. He died 3 weeks later.

Radiation will stay in the Chernobyl area for the next 48.000 years, but humans may begin repopulating the area in about 600 years - give or take three centuries. The experts predict that, by then, the most dangerous elements will have disappeared - or been sufficiently diluted into the rest of the world's air, soil and water. If our government can somehow find the money and political will power to finance the necessary scientific research, perhaps a way will be discovered to neutralize or clean up the contamination sooner. Otherwise, our distant ancestors will have to wait untill the radiation diminishes to a tolerable level. If we use the lowest scientific estimate, that will be 300 years from now......some scientists say it may be as long as 900 years.

I think it will be 300, but people often accuse me of being an optimist. "

You guys should read her site and look at the pictures of that place!
~I Believe~
Tis strange but true, for truth is always strange, stranger than fiction.

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 am » by Papermoon

It was also interesting how she described seeing deformed animals there who lived in the area and how the radiation there caused genetic mutations in them. Very interesting! She said they were taking on a kind of prehistoric look, which is interesting for those who believe there was an advanced civilization on earth before modern man and that some kind of bomb destroyed civilization back then leaving radiation residue on the earth. Just interesting things to think about. :sunny:
Last edited by Papermoon on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
~I Believe~

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 am » by Papermoon

thesaint wrote:Thanks for posting, I found that interesting. I have always thought that we are not seeing dead people as much as either live people but in their own time which sometimes cut across ours or something totally alien to us. I hate it when you see programmes like we have in the uk that say something like, "Ghosts, place of evil" I think that it's totally disrespectful to think that, especially if you believe it's the dead, why are they evil?

That is a very interesting concept, maybe time is bending on itself or overlapping in those areas or something producing images of both times in one place. You never know! :flop:
~I Believe~

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 7:28 am » by Papermoon

badger wrote:

I must concur with a lot of what you are saying.

My personal belief about ghostly apparitions is that they are like recordings just replaying over and over. Sort of like an environmental recording when there is a lot of energy (good or bad), there are very few stories of people interacting with ghosts.
EVP and playing with Ouija boards are different matters though.

I agree with that too. I do believe some ghosts are really energy imprints that remain in a place repeating the same motions and actions that the person who used to live there did. That's for the ghosts who do not seem to notice people and don't cause harm or move things about. They may be just left over imprints in a place and not really there.
~I Believe~

Initiate

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 7:48 am » by Papermoon

"Usually, on this leg of the journey, a beeping geiger counter inspires to shift into high gear and streak through the area with great haste. The patch of trees in front of me is called red - or 'magic" wood. In 1986, this wood glowed red with radiation. They cut them down and buried them under 1 meter of earth.

The readings on the asphalt paving is 500 -3000 microroentgens, depending upon where you stand. That is 50 to 300 times the radiation of a normal environment. If I step 10 meters forward, geiger counter will run off the scale. If I walk a few hundred meters towards the reactor, the radiation is 3 roentgens per hour - which is 300,000 times normal. If I was to keep walking all the way to the reactor, I would glow in the dark tonight. Maybe this is why they call it magic wood. It is sort of magical when one walks in with biker's leather and walks out like a knight in a shining armor. "

This part from that link is very interesting!
~I Believe~