The Life After Death thread...

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm » by Spock

In light of recent threads concerning the idea that the universe could be a complex computer program, as well as the challenge by atheists that there is no god, and the presumption that to be a believer is not to use logic (which coming from an atheist is hysterically hypocritical) I felt it was worth my time to type an entire chapter from the new book by Dr. Alexander which I am reading. I read this chapter on Saturday and those two threads came to mind.

I hope you enjoy this and consider where this man's mindset was, his education, position and expertise in brain science. He has now devoted his time to researching NDEs and out of body consciousness, and has given stellar reviews to the work of the Monroe Institute (with their hemi-sync method) as well as The Division of Perceptual Research at the University of Virginia which was founded as a research unit of the Department of Psychiatric Medicine at UVA by Dr. Ian Stevenson in 1967

We must believe in free will. We have no choice
Isaac Bashevis Singer (1902-1991)

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things
Rene Descartes (1596-1650)

Like many other scientific skeptics, I refused to even review the data relevant to the questions concerning these phenomena. I prejudged the data, and those providing it, because my limited perspective failed to provide the foggiest notion of how such things might actually happen. Those who assert that there is no evidence for phenomena indicative of extended consciousness, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, are willfully ignorant. They believe they know the truth without needing to look at the facts
Dr. Eben Alexander (present)

Dr. Eben Alexander, Neurosurgeon wrote:

The Gift of Forgetting...

The view of human consciousness held by most scientists today is that it is composed of digital information–data, that is, of essentially the same kind used by computers. Though some bits of this data–seeing a spectacular sunset, hearing a beautiful symphony for the first time, even falling in love–may feel more profound or special to us than the countless other bits of information created and stored in our brains, this is really just an illusion. Our brains model outside reality by taking the information that comes through our senses and transforming it into a rich digital tapestry. But our perceptions are just a model – not reality itself. An illusion.

This was, or course, the view I held as well. I can remember being in medical school and occasionally hearing arguments that consciousness is nothing more than a complex computer program. These arguments suggested that the ten billion or so neurons firing constantly within our brains are capable of producing a lifetime of consciousness and memory.

To understand how the brain might actually block our access to knowledge of higher worlds, we need to accept – at least hypothetically and for the moment – that the brain itself doesn't produce consciousness. That it is, instead, a kind of reducing valve filter, shifting the larger, nonphysical consciousness that we posses in the nonphysical worlds, down into a more limited capacity for the duration of our mortal lives. There is, from the earthly perspective, a very definite advantage to this. Just was our brains work hard every moment of our waking lives to filter out the barrage of sensory information coming at us from our physical surroundings, selecting the material we actually need in order to survive, so it is that forgetting our trans-earthly identities also allows us to be "here and now" far more effectively. Just as most of ordinary life holds too much information for us to take in at once and still get anything done, being excessively conscious of the worlds beyond the here and now would slow down our progress even more. If we knew too much of the spiritual realm now, then navigating our lives on earth would be an even greater challenge than it already is. (That's not to say we shouldn't be conscious of the worlds beyond now – only that if we are extra-conscious of their grandeur and immensity, they can prevent action while still here on earth). From a more purpose-focused perspective (and I now believe the universe is nothing if not purposeful), making the right decisions through our free will in the face of the evil and injustice on earth would mean far less if we remember, while here, the full beauty and brilliance of what awaits us.

Why am I so sure of this? For two reasons. The first is that I was shown it (by the beings who taught me when I was in the Gateway and the Core), and the second is because I actually experienced it. While beyond my body, I received knowledge about the nature and structure of the universe that was vastly beyond my comprehension. But I received it anyhow, in large part because, with my worldly preoccupations out of the way, I had room to do so. Now that I'm back on earth and remember my bodily identity, the seed of the trans-earthly knowledge has once again been covered over. And yet it's still there. I can feel it, at every moment. It will take years, in this earthly environment, to come to fruition. That is, it will take me years to understand, using my mortal material brain, what I understood so instantly and easily in the brain-free realms of the world beyond. Yet I'm confident that with hard work on my part, much of that knowledge will continue to unfold.

To say that there is still a chasm between our current scientific understanding of the universe and the truth as I saw it is a considerable understatement. I still love physics and cosmology, still love studying our vast and wonderful universe. Only I now have a greatly enlarged conception of what "vast" and "wonderful" really mean. The physical side of the universe is as a speck of dust as compared to the invisible and spiritual world. In my past view, spiritual wasn't a word that I have employed during a scientific conversation. Now I believe it is a word that we cannot afford to leave out.

From the Core, my understanding of what we call "dark energy" and "dark matter" seemed to have clear explanations, as did far more advanced components of the makeup of our universe that humans won't address for ages.

This doesn't mean, however, that I can explain them to you. That's because –paradoxically–I am still in the process of understanding them myself. Perhaps the best way of converting that part of the experience is to say that I had a foretaste of another, larger kind of knowledge: one I believe human beings will be able to access in ever larger numbers in the future. But conveying that knowledge now is rather like being a chimpanzee, becoming a human for a single day to experience all of the wonders of human knowledge, and then returning to one's chimp friends and trying to tell them what it was like knowing several different Romance languages, the calculus, and the immense scale of the universe.

Up there, a question would arise in my mind, and the answer would arise at the same time, like a flower coming up right next to it. It was almost as if, just as no physical particle in the universe is really separate from another, so in the same way there was no such thing as a question without an accompanying answer. These answers were not simple "yes" or "no" fare, either. They were vast conceptual edifices, staggering structures of living thought, as intricate as cities. Ideas so vast they would have taken me lifetimes to find my way around if I had been confined to earthly thought. But I wasn't. I had sloughed off that earthly style of thought like a butterfly breaking from a chrysalis.

I saw the earth as a pale blue dot in the immense blackness of physical space. I could see that earth was a place where good and evil mixed, and that this constituted one of its unique features. Even on earth is much more good than evil, but earth is a place where evil is allowed to gain influence in a way that would be entirely impossible at higher levels of existence. That evil could occasionally have the upper hand as known and allowed by the Creator as a necessary consequence of giving the gift of free will to beings like us.

Small particles of evil were scattered throughout the universe, but the sum total of all that evil was as a grain of sand on a vast beach compared to the goodness, abundance, hope and unconditional love in which the universe was literally awash. The very fabric of the alternate dimension is love and acceptance, and anything doesn't have these qualities appears immediately and obviously out of place there.

But free will comes at the cost of a loss or falling-away from this love and acceptance. We are free; but we are free beings hemmed all around by an environment conspiring to make us feel that we are not free. Free will is of central importance for our function in the earthly realm: a function that, we will all one day discover, serves the much higher role of allowing our ascendance in the timeless alternate dimension. Our life don here might seem insignificant, for it is minute in relation to the other lives and other worlds that also crowd the invisible and visible universes. But it is also hugely important , for our role here is to grow toward the Devine, and that growth is closely watched by beings in the worlds above – the souls and lucent orbs (those beings I saw originally far above me in the Gateway, and which i believe are the origin of our culture's concepts of angels).

We–the spiritual beings currently inhabiting our evolutionarily developed brains and bodies, the product of the earth and the exigencies of the earth–make the real choices. True thought is not the brain's affair. But we have, in part by the brain itself, been so trained to associate our brains with what we think and who we are that we have lost the ability to realize that we are at all times much more than the physical brains and bodies that do, or should do, our bidding.

True though is pre-physical. This is the thinking-behind-the-thinking responsible for all of the genuinely consequential choices we make in the world. A thinking that is not dependent on linear deduction, but that moves fast as lightning, making connections on different levels, bringing them together. In the face of this free, inner intelligence, our ordinary thought is hopelessly slow and fumbling. It's this thinking that catches the football in the end zone, that comes up with the inspired scientific insight or writes the inspired song. The subliminal thinking that is always there when we need it, but that we have all to often lost the ability both to access and to believe in.

To experience thinking outside the brain is to enter a world of instantaneous connections that make ordinary thinking (i.e., those aspects limited by the physical brain and the speed of light) seem like some hopelessly sleepy and plodding event. Our truest, deepest self completley free. It is not crippled or compromised by past actions or concerned with identity or status. It comprehends that it has no need to fear the earthly world, and therefore, it has no need to build itself up through fame or wealth or conquest.

This is the true spiritual self that all of us are destined someday to recover. But until that day comes, I feel, we should do everything in our power to get in touch with this miraculous aspect of ourselves – to cultivate it and bring it to light. This is the being living within all of us right now and that is, in fact, the being that God truly intends us to be.

How do we get closer to this genuine spiritual self? By manifesting love and compassion. Why? Because love and compassion are far more than the abstractions many of us believe them to be. They are real. They are concrete.And they make up the very fabric of the spiritual realm.

In order to return to that realm, we must once again become like that realm. even while we are stuck in, and plodding through, this one.

One of the biggest mistakes people make when they think of God is the imagine God as impersonal. Yes, God is behind the numbers, the perfection of the universe that science measures and struggles to understand. But–again, paradoxically– God is "human" as well – even more human than you and I are. God understands and empathizes with our human situation more profoundly and personally than we can even imagine because God knows what we have forgotten, and understands the terrible burden it is to live with amnesia of the Divine for even the moment.

Super Moderator

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 pm » by Spock

Decided to make this thread a catch-all for reputable information on consciousness outside the body.

Initiate

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm » by Arella

Man Sees Satan In Hell And Realizes There Is Life After Death! ( Near Death Experience )

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostMon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm » by Shendao

A powerful post Spock, thank you. :clapper:
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 pm » by Spock

The Division of Perceptual Studies

"I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led."
- Thomas Jefferson (1812)

The Division of Perceptual Studies (DOPS), formerly the Division of Personality Studies, is a unit of the Department of Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia, in Charlottesville, VA. The Division of Perceptual Studies (DOPS) was founded as a research unit of the Department of Psychiatric Medicine at UVA by Dr. Ian Stevenson in 1967.

Utilizing scientific methods, the researchers within The Division of Perceptual Studies investigate apparent paranormal phenomena, especially:

- Children who claim to remember previous lives (Reincarnation)

- Near Death Experiences

Great information and links to video and audio HERE

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:01 pm » by 99socks

What I've always wanted to know is, how/why is it that some people see heaven in their NDE, and some see hell? What do they have in common? I have heard "heaven" stories from people all over the world, from different cultures and different religions, some people admitting that they were terrible, miserable, or selfish people before-hand, and others living quiet, peaceful lives.... and the same thing with people who have seen hell.

What is the REAL difference between these two groups?
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 pm » by domdabears

When I was a kid, my old neighbor died and came back. He was drunk driving. He said he was shown Hell, and if he didn't change his ways then that's where he would be sent.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 pm » by Spock

I'm not sure, that has been a question of mine as well. Possibly though it has something to do with the motivating factor after the experience. What would motivate a person to change into that person which they become after the experience. In every occurrence I have heard of a hellish experience, there has always been a savior, someone to pull them out of the predicament.

Super-real-hightened-rich consciousness is another aspect that is standard of the experience.

Insomuch as there are many things similar, there are many things unique as well. Those questions I don't think will ever be adequately answered, but I believe that what may appear to be a bum to some, is an angel to another. That each person has some sort of place to be, a date with destiny in their journey. That the climax of a life could be to be an object of someone else's motivation, and that person to another, and it spirals out. It's the way i see that everything can work together for good according to God's plan.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm » by Aragajag

A computer simulation both takes away and gives credence to the thought.

When you take into account the quantum stuff and there is mostly plasma in our momentarily detectable universe, then what is consciousness with in that, when our brain sparks and our hearts beats having seperate minds, yet we feel part of it but not in it. We can have the possibilities of creater beings changing their polarities for want of a better term, and making our physical matter discernible.

So what if there was beings that can dream of playing with enrgy currents to the point of inducing material planets with life on them. Those things that live in a realm that boggers the imagination enough to kill over the very thought.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 pm » by Seriouscitizen

After that i 'discovered' the spiral pattern in my thinking processes and the recurrence of the fibonacci sequance in nature and in 'us' i bought this book. Its called 'de bijna dood ontrafeld, in het licht van de fibonacci code- Drs Maureen Venselaar' She is a scientific researcher and studied NDE for over 10 years before she finished her book. Her book has only been published in Dutch and will most likely be translated. It has come up with some remarkable stuff. Even some new explanations that see the connections of the fibonacci sequence connected with our consciousness and how cells emit photons when they die. Interesting stuff so hence ill post the summary as you can read it on the website; http://www.debijnadoodontrafeld.nl/international.html.

A preview of this new theory:
As we approach the end of life, our sensorial observation decreases, our normal consciousness disappears, and deep down in our physical body, at the (sub)atomic level, a fundamental process starts which releases an 'exotic energy' (i.e. light-energy/photons). This special 'exotic energy' is the foundation of another new, pure and perfect body, and another kind of consciousness/awareness. With this new body, of exotic energy/photons, we can travel through the barrier of space and time. The near-death experience is without a doubt a real voyage.

ImageImage

Successive phases of a complete NDE, based on hundreds of NDE's:

The separation from the physical body;
A journey (through a tunnel) to a heavenly light;
Being in the presence of the light, near a border;
The return (through a tunnel) to the physical body but only for NDE-people. The dead do not return, but cross over the border;
Unification with the physical body.

Notification:

This article is just a summary, so it is impossible to explain all features and every single scientific theory.
At this moment the dutch book 'De (bijna-)dood ontrafeld' has not yet been translated in English (it is however the intention to do so in the future. We'll keep you updated). Nevertheless, this article mentions all features (including ten new features of the NDE) in one consistent coherent theory based on (astro)physic phenomena (the ten new features and the new theory are protected by copyright © december 2006, Maureen Venselaar, The Netherlands; and also: copyright © october 2011 publishing firm: Akasha, Eeserveen, The Netherlands).
Some features appear at the same time.
All (known and yet unknown new) features are affirmed in the book 'De (bijna-)dood ontrafeld' by hundreds of quoted near-death experiences.
The book does not describe extensively the life-changing aspects of the NDE. That is why these aspects will not be mentioned in this article.

ImageImage

EXPLANATION OF THE FIVE PHASES THEORY

Phase 1: The separation

Concrete experiences:
When people are severely traumatized (for example: due to an accident or sickness) they lose consciousness. They also hear a strange noise, feel vibrations and many small explosions deep down in their physical bodies. Almost instantly, NDE-people experience another kind of consciousness and a different body. At the same time they see their own physical bodies while standing next to them. This is the out-of-body experience, and NDE-people realize that they have a 'ghostly' body of light-energy, which seems to be a copy of the physical body. NDE-people do not notice any change in their personality. Sometimes they already see other 'beings of light'. These are their guides to heaven. NDE-people do not feel the pain of their physical body anymore. They are happy, in peace. They can hear and see, in a different way, but they cannot communicate with people (doctors/nurses who are giving medical care). Sometimes NDE-people hear doctors pronounce a declaration of death.

Scientific/theoretical ground:

In and néar the physical body of NDE-people, experts (like PM.H.Atwater, rsarcher/authority of near-death states; L.Chawla, intensive care doctor) have established that the electromagnetic values change;
a photon is a quantum of light, and all other forms of electromagnetic radiation, and the force carrier for the electromagnetic force.
When atoms of our phisical body get damaged or are dying, they release exotic light-energy, in the form of countless photons (Nobel prize winner and biophycist F.A.Popp);
Photons can be consciousness (Popp) and can contain information (E.Laszlo, philosopher of science). Besides that: they can travel through blackholes without being destroyed (S.Hawking, physicist);
The whole universe is created out of photons (Laszlo, B.Cox, physicist);
There are more types of photons/light (for example: photons are currently understood to be strictly massless, but this is a experimental theory; Photons can be visible or not visible; virtual or not). If something (like our physical body) is 'matter', quantumphysicist D. Bohm says: it is condensed frozen light.

So, to explain the first experiences, I refer to the fact that unstable atoms of the physical body release exotic light-energy, in the form of photons. Even more, dying cells release countless photons. Photons are lightkwanta and can be related to consciousness and information.
The release of energy out of a traumatized body can also be affirmed, indirectly, by the fact that in and near the physical body of traumatized/dying people the electromagnetic values (related to light) change.
For all the above reasons, its possible that NDE-people feel vibrations, waves of energy going through their physical bodies, have a sense of leaving their physical bodies, and experience another kind of body and consciousness.
In this context, family members and friends occasionally have seen mist/fog/light leaving the body of their dying loved ones, which forms another new body. This new body is, more or less, a copy of the physical body. Perhaps this occurs due to the fact that photons are related to (the transfer of) information. In 1967, R.Croockall, a geologist and well respected investigator of out-of-body experiences, reported observations of mist.
Therefore, life after life is perhaps just another representation of light-energy. Bohm is convinced that all matter in this universe, including our physical body, is condensed frozen light.
Another feature of photons, which can contribute to our life after life, besides that they can be related tot consciousness and information, is that they can travel through blackholes without being destroyed (Hawking).
Cautious conclusion of 'The (near-)death decoded' related to the NDE:
If one's body is severely traumatized, an out-of-body experience will occur (whereby a body is formed by photons) and we will have an autoscopy. This is the beginning of life after life as beings of exotic light-energy, due to the fact that damaged or dying atoms of our physical body release countless photons. These exotic photons are related to consciousness. At this particular moment our daily consciousness, connected to the brain under normal circumstances, will be transformed into another broader, transcendent consciousness. These photons are also indestructible, so the next life can be an 'eternal' life. Finally: these photons are capable of carrying information about who we were and are. Therefore, our new exotic photon body is roughly the same as our physical body.

Phase 2: The journey through a tunnel

Concrete experiences:
As the trauma grows more severe, NDE-people (as beings of pure exotic light) attain more distance from their physical bodies. They see, for example, the roof of the hospital, from above. After a while they are surrounded by a dark space and they sometimes see grey or dark beings. Almost concurrently, they see the earth, moon, stars, the Milky Way, as astronauts do (= relativity of space). But they also realize that they, with their bodies of light, are become as small as grains of sand.
A tunnel opens. NDE-people turn into and travel through this tunnel, at or faster than, the speed of light, due to the attraction of a huge 'magnet', speeding toward a beautiful heavenly light, that grows larger and larger. All the while, they experience sounds and colours.

Magnetism and light are two aspects of the same substance (J.Maxwell, mathematician, physicist);
Light can be influenced by attraction and gravity (Cox);
The effect of gravity(collaps) is the contraction of a substance;
Strong contraction of a substance (for example: the dust and energy of stars/galaxies) can lead to a blackhole;
A blackhole is a real hole in the fabric of space. Blackholes can be a part of wormholes. A wormhole is a tunnel through space (due to this tunnel 'time' can become relative, P.Davies and R.Mallett, physicists). Such a wormhole (through thís universe) is called an intra-universe wormhole. Photons can travel through blackholes and also (probably:) through wormholes without getting destroyed (Hawking);
Very small/tiny wormholes are plausible (Cox, De Rujula, physicists CERN).

So, one of the scientific statements which can explain these events is that magnetism and light are two aspects of the same substance. Another fact is that light can be influenced by attraction and gravity, whereby the effect of gravity (collapse) is the contraction of a sbustance. The assumption is that these phenomena exist on a physical and astrophysical scale. Therefore, it is possible that photons can mass together, exactly the same as stardust does.
Concerning the astrophysical scale, stars explode at the end of their lives and release a certain quantity of stardust/energy. After that, roughly three things can happen: 1) If a star has little mass, the dust and energy form a nebula. 2) If a start has more mass, the dust and energy form a compact round nebula. 3) If a star has a very great mass, ultimately, the dust and energy collapse and form a blackhole. Therefore, strong contraction of a substance can lead to a black hole. A black hole is a real hole in the fabric of space and it can be part of a wormhole.
Concerning the physical scale, I presume that kwanta like photons can form roughly the same things: 1) a nebula. 2) a round nebula. 3) a tiny black hole (and wormhole).

Cautious conclusion:
The more we reach the end of this life (due to trauma/sickness) the more photons are released by unstable atoms of the physical body. The more photons: the more compact the new/other body becomes (due to magnetism, gravity(collapse)). The more compact it becomes: the more the NDE will be complete and profound.
Roughly three things can happen gradually after the release of different amount of photons, depending on the progress of the severity of trauma 1) the creation of a ghostly body (i.e. a nebula), in case of the release of a small amount of photons and a small mass, due to relatively few unstable/traumatized atoms. 2) the creation of a body in the form of a ball/ a dot/ a grain of sand (i.e. compact nebula). 3) the creation and opening of a blackhole (i.e. the experiences of the opening of a tunnel, spinning into it, and travelling through this tunnel) when countless photons are released (extreme mass), due to countless unstable/dying atoms and the approach of the irreversible end of physical life.
As beings of light our 'ghostly body of light' can thus be reduced to a tiny dot. This seems strange but, related to the endlessness of our universe, it is not important whether we are 1.75 m tall or as small as a grain of sand.
Next , a small black hole opens, and a tiny wormhole come into existence. Blackholes and wormholes are part of our NDE. NDE-people speak about 'tunnels' and about 'endless strings of very elastic energy'. And such a string/tunnel forms a connection between the dying physical body and the new body of exotic photons. And if the trauma becomes more life-threathening, we will gain more distance from our physical body and our blue planet, and we can even see the moon and stars as astronauts do.
We will travel (as dots of light) further and further, through this unique tunnel (i.e. a tiny intra-universe wormhole) faster and faster, and, in the end, faster than the speed of light (= relativity of time). After a while, and near the edge of our universe, we reach the most beautiful light at the end of the tunnel. This light is like a huge 'magnet' for us.

Phase 3: Final destination (for the time being): the light.

Concrete experiences:
NDE-people slow down near a heavenly light/ another beautiful heavenly 'world'. They experience, however, a border and realize that this border cannot be crossed. Only 'the dead' cross the border and enter the beautiful and lovely eternal world of light.
Near the light, NDE-people will have a life review and sometimes a life prospect (with details of the future). They will meet other beings of light and a higher spiritual being of light. Communication is instant. There is also a moment of judgment, but that moment is full of grace and love. The reason seems to be, according to NDE-people: light = love = knowledge and information. Besides these experiences, NDE-people know all the answers to all the questions of mankind.
Moreover, NDE- people see two huge whirl-tornadoes, appearing as an immense 'hourglass'. They report that the upper tornado is spinning clockwise and outward, the lower tornado is spinning counter-clockwise and inward.

Near a black hole there is a border (= an event-horizon). Photons can stay there for a while (K.Ferguson, science writer);
A black hole is far from black: it is surrounded by light, a tremenduus amount of light (A.Hamilton, astrophysical and planetary scientist);
The theory exists that there are more universes (according to A.Guth, cosmologist and physicist, M.Tegmark, cosmologist, N. Turok, theoretical physicist, and P.Steinhardt, theoretical physicist, et al);
Atheoretical astrophysical model of our universe and anóther universe is an 'hourglass' (Hawking). This 'hourglass-model' has an upper 'tornado' and a lower 'tornado': the upper tornado is spinning clockwise and outward, the lower tornado is spinning counter-clockwise and inward. Both universes can be connected ánd separated by a huge inter-universe wormhole (N.Poplawski, cosmologist). This wormhole is in both ways a blackhole and a white hole and is probably a never ending Big Bang or collision of universes.
Superstring theory allows for two universes, whereby one is huge, one is tiny.
Light is related to information.

So, because of the (astro)physical NDE-theory, it was also a must to find a phenomenon in the universe, where photons can stay for a while. This place is possible a event-horizon. An event-horizon is the beginning, or border, of a black hole. A black hole is however surrounded by light. In this case, it is probably a black hole which forms the beginning of an inter-universe wormhole (the end of a wormhole is formed by a white hole). An inter-universe wormhole is a wormhole between two universes, so the theory exists that there are more universes. Moreover, a theoretical astrophysical model of our universe and another universe is an hourglass.

Cautious conclusions:
As NDE-people (i.e. beings of light) we are doubtless capable to travel in spacetime, through a small private tunnel (i.e. intra-universe wormhole) to the edge of our universe. This tiny tunnel is a connection with our dying/traumatized physical body, and is kept open in part by our own energy. Perhaps this is the reason why, at this particular moent in time and space - near the event horizon and a wormhole to another universe - we are no longer dots of energy but, more likely, ghostly copies of the physical body.
The image of an hourglass is formed by two tornadoes, which spin in opposite directions. These two tornadoes are two different universes; one of them is our own universe, the other one is an astral universe, whose essence is a variety of subtle vibrations of
light. Our universe is heavy, cold and small. The other universe is lightweight, warm and huge.
In the center, at the edges of both universes, there is another black hole. This one, in comparison with our private black hole and private tunnel through space and time, is immense, and the beginning of an inter-universe wormhole, or 'door' to another astral universe. On the event-horizon of this huge black hole, NDE-people stay for a while. This black hole is surrounded by light, a genuine/concrete magnetic force for us after we (almost) died (probably due to the fact that light and magnetism are two features of the same substance.
We'll meet deceased loved ones, because they have also received indestructible photonbodies after they died irreversibly. The communication is almost immediate and seems to be telepathic, as informed photons are exchanged, almost instantly). The life review (or life prospect) is due to the potency of photons to carry information and due to holographic phenomena. The fact that light = information, explains why we know everything over there (in the light). We know all answers to all questions of mankind. All information is there, including the information about everything that dissapears behind the mist/fog of stardust/light near the black hole and wormhole th this other heavenly universe.
Besides all that, we will definitely experience a border. This is thus a 'door' to that other much bigger 'astral' universe (so there is probably a very small and very large universe = Superstring theory). NDE-people do not enter that other heavenly universe. Dead people do. Eternal life takes place in that other universe (but that eternal life is not endless).

Phase 4: the return

Concrete experiences:
NDE-people can (sometimes) choose between a blue/green beam of light or a red/pink beam. They know for sure that the blue beam means continuing the life on earth; the red beam means the end of life on earth (but receiving an eternal life, behind the 'door' in 'heaven'). NDE-people return, sometimes against the will, through a still open private tunnel, to their physical bodies. For the second time they see stars and planets, as astronauts do.

Small tiny intra-universe wormholes can exist (Cox, De Rujula, CERN);
Intra-universe wormholes can make space and time relative (Davies, Mallett);
The Dopplereffect creates blue/green light due to stars/matter/stardust which approaches us, and creates red/pink light due to stars/matter/stardust which receding from us (Christian Doppler, mathematician, physicist).

So, the different colors of light are probabely created by the Dopplereffect, which also exists in the universe, according to Hawking. This effect creates blue/green light due to stars/matter/stardust approaching us. But this effect also creates red/pink light due to stars/matter/stardust going further away from us.
Regarding the tiny intra-universe wormholes, as I said before, they probably exist and can make space and time relative and can be more or less endless.

Cautious Conclusions:
We will return as dots through this tiny private intra-universe wormhole/tunnel in space.
The red and blue colors we'll see, are supposedly created by the Dopplereffect: when we approach the beautiful lovely light (that place weher two universes meet, a whirlpool of energy and matter, an everlasting Big Bang), we will see that matter is coming toward us, out of the causal source that creates everything we know in this universe. Therefore, this matter looks blue/green and means 'life on earth'. The color red/pink is created by matter (and so on) traveling away from us (towards the beautiful light and the passage to the other universe).
Therefore, the color red/pink is associated with approaching the black hole (door) and the light (the other universe) but farther away from earth and farther away from the physical body. In short, red/pink means dead on earth, but eternal life in another universe, on the other side of the 'door'.
These beams of light, in combination with our thoughts (and/or the thoughts of a higher spiritual being of light) seem to determine our destiny.
Overall: thoughts are crucial, not only during our life(review), but also to set our goal (destiny) at this point.

Phase 5: Unification

Concrete experiences:
NDE-people approac/re-enter the physical body as a ball/a dot, and they feel they expand to regain a full connection with the earthly body. They experience once more a kind of vibration during the process of this connection, and again they feel the pain of the physical body.
They have forgotten all the wisdom they knew, when they were near the heavenly light. This feature of forgetting is also typical for the NDE and it is probably the reason why many NDE-people do not know anything of their out-of-body experience, their journey to the edge of our universe and to the edge of heaven. Sometimes NDE-people wish to return to the heavenly light.

Gravity is nowhere exactly the same: not on earth, not in the universe. So the attraction between objects/stars/stardust and so on, is not always the same. Due to (the absence of) gravity objects/stars/stardust can cluster (or not).
Gravity exists on an astrophysical scale (concerning the universe) and on a physical scale (concerning particles/kwanta) (Cox).

So, gravity is everywhere different and can create all kind of effects.

Cautious conclusion:
As NDE-people, we return to earth with a compact body. This is maintained during our journey through th tunnel/the private intra-universe wormhole. After this journey we will unfold nearby, in our physical body, due to the reduction of the force of gravity. All the light-energy flows back into the atoms of the physical body and connect with it. Electromagnetic values probably change again. After a time, if the trauma does nog increase, we will regain our daily consciousness.

Apology for that long post ;). I havent read the whole book yet. Its on my to do list. Since i work at a cemetary, the idea I have for years now, to not be afraid of death, has even grown on me more. Somehow looking at the tombstones, some of them have pictures on it, it feels like those people are still 'allive', still there. Its a FEELING ofcoarse and no way i can back that up with a scientific research or any evidence. But the feelings is pretty strong and there. And i'm glad of it. In light of this subject i dowloaded 'Astral City, a spiritual journey' A movie that covers the same subject, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1467388/. Seems cool to me. I gonna watch it tnight..

Next