The Girl Who Doesn't Age

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 pm » by Blacky

Nice post! It is weird tho!!!! Cant wait to see what ,if anything happens here (with science that is)
Would they be able to find something in her genes that they could use??
If they did id bet it would cost a fortune!!
:cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Jun 30, 2009 9:06 pm » by Lowsix

mikemess wrote:maybe we can use whatever keeps her perpetually that age for our puppies?....

( would be cute but selfish and cruel )

haha MIke hell yes..
Cuz its been emotionally draining knockin em off once they hit adolesence..
for all these years....
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostTue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 pm » by Mikemess

LowSix wrote:
mikemess wrote:maybe we can use whatever keeps her perpetually that age for our puppies?....

( would be cute but selfish and cruel )

haha MIke hell yes..
Cuz its been emotionally draining knockin em off once they hit adolesence..
for all these years....

The only bad thing would be is that they would never learn to be trained to go take a dump outside....hehehe

Writer

PostTue Jun 30, 2009 11:02 pm » by Highbridge

This is fascinating stuff with far reaching ramifications! If the doctors can find and decode which gene or combinations of genes control the aging process, it could lead us to a virtual fountain of youth! A discovery like this however could NEVER be brought out into common knowledge. We as a people need to have a finite life span OR we would need stop producing offspring (one or the other)! If not, overpopulation would eventually set in leading to famine and death on an unprecedented scale. If the doctors do indeed figure the key to a youthful existence through this girls DNA, I am afraid it would become an option only for the so called elite! This would drive a greater wedge between the haves and have nots. It would become like a schism. The human race consisting of two distinct types... those with longevity and the rest of us... Just a thought!

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 pm » by Seahawk

Maybe she is what will enable the major shift in collective conscience beginning in 2012. It would have to be available to all- from which the whole of ramifications would be an entirely different discussion, and all would have to be looked at from an entirely different perspective than we have ever had before. A launching point, beginning lives of extended learning and progressing wisdom and productivity. The uneducated of the world could have a chance to become smarter- very smart, the intelligent- become super-intellects. A true "New Age of Enlightenment" with exponential and warp-speed advancement. With mans' potential, It would be just the ticket to advance us into the Star Trek-like civilization that we are capable of.

But of course, I'm forgetting that the "government" would likely intercede and take control- then it would be doled out to only the wicked super-elite- causing global-civil wars. The "commodity-like-no-other", could quite possibiity cause far-reaching tragedy beyond belief. The "Spice Wars, " that go on for hundreds of years untill somewhere in the far, distant future, it becomes available to everyone- and then...see first part of post.

Phew! Somebody stop me. Maybe we should be careful what we wish for.

The potential is pretty exiciting though, isn't it?

WOW!!!

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Writer

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 am » by Chainsawallen

I'm assuming she'll die at a normal age.
But shit man, that'd be sweet if she lived to be 300.

Flying cars and clone wars.

Conspirator

PostWed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 am » by Ph0enix

eaganthorn wrote:It happens all the time to one degree or another, in one form or another.
There are those who emotionally stopped growing, mentally stopped growing, and this girl who stopped growing physically.
They are all forms of retardation.
Take Mep for example, he stopped emotional development at age 11, and mental development shortly thereafter, but I bet he physically appears to be an adult.
There are also those whose development in any of the three categories is accelerated.

Let’s hope they never manage to freeze the aging process, I don’t think it would make for a better world to have Mep live forever. >that sent a shiver down my spine<

now THAT was funny

Writer

PostSat Jul 11, 2009 7:14 am » by Dmparker

chainsawallen wrote:I'm assuming she'll die at a normal age.
But shit man, that'd be sweet if she lived to be 300.

Flying cars and clone wars.

No way, who's going to change a diaper for a 300 year old "infant"? :ohno:
I don't think I could handle living that way, I'm damn near ready to pull the plug on myself now and I ain't that old. I am however, starting to fall apart, things just don't work like they should anymore.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jul 11, 2009 4:02 pm » by Slith

Just imagine the thought of burying your great, great granchildren who lived to the age of 95. Holy out of this world. The thought is mind boggling to say the least. How could someone cope with this?

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Previous