@ December 11, 2008 8:34
This story found on Drudge this morning: "UN Blowback: More than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims"
Yup ... it looks like some scientists are going to launch a bit of an attack on this UN global warming conference underway in Poland. Read the story for details ... but I do want to include some of the quotes from these scientists here in the Nuze. Enjoy:
* "I am a skeptic...Global warming has become a new religion." - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.
* Warming fears are the "worst scientific scandal in the history...When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists." - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
* "The models and forecasts of the UN IPCC "are incorrect because they only are based on mathematical models and presented results at scenarios that do not include, for example, solar activity." - Victor Manuel Velasco Herrera, a researcher at the Institute of Geophysics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
* "It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming." - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA.
* "Even doubling or tripling the amount of carbon dioxide will virtually have little impact, as water vapour and water condensed on particles as clouds dominate the worldwide scene and always will." - . Geoffrey G. Duffy, a professor in the Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering of the Universityof Auckland, NZ.
* "After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet." - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.
* "For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.
* "Gore prompted me to start delving into the science again and I quickly found myself solidly in the skeptic camp...Climate models can at best be useful for explaining climate changes after the fact." - Meteorologist Hajo Smit of Holland, who reversed his belief in man-made warming to become a skeptic, is a former member of the Dutch UN IPCC committee.
There are many more quotes in the story ... give it a read.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
So the data from satelites and respected institutions are nothing,you guys are the ones that know the truth
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories200 ... stats.html
The Yin and The Yang
Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.
Then, in the late autumn it would turn chillier with pea-souper fogs and frosts at night that would turn washing left hanging on the line into 'boards'! My mom would 'stand' pairs of jeans and trousers around the open coal fire until they 'softened' and dried!
Winters would be very cold with drifting snow. Many days we would trudge to school in snow up to our knees! Other days we would be sent straight back home because the oil tankers had not been able to get through and deliver to the school and the oil-fired heating systems would be down.
Nowadays we seem to have one long, wet and luke-warm season. Surely, if the earth were really heating up, summers would be even hotter and longer than I remember? I can see that milder winters may indicate global warming but not cooler, wetter summers!
I think the climate changes over various different time-periods with or without man's help/intervention and that the 'global warming myth' is just a way for the powers that be to squeeze more money out of us with carbon taxes, etc.!
When Britain first, at Heaven's command arose from out the azure main; this was the charter of the land, and guardian angels sang this strain: "Rule, Britannia, rule the waves: Britons never will be slaves."
James Thomson (1700-1748)
Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.
- Related topics
- Last post