The Great Pyramid

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am » by Psycho579

I just tried to look at the great pyramid on google maps in terrain mode and the pyramids were not there... Can someone back this up?

Writer

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 am » by Mclaren680

The two larger pyramids show faintly as small elevations common to terrain mapping of this type. The minimum height threshold that Google has set must be larger than the height of the smaller of the three main pyramids, hence it not really showing. In satellite view they are clearly visible.
:)

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:00 am » by Psycho579

something must be wrong with my google maps then, how would i get a screenshot of my google maps on here?

Writer

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 am » by Mclaren680

There are quite a few free screenshot/grab programs you can download and are very easy to use. I use MWSNAP3 and that seems to do just what I need. As for putting a JPEG on here, I'd imagine it is straight forward enough although I won't advise as I've yet to try it myself. No doubt it is what the 'Img' button is for when you are typing out a post.

As for there being an error with your Google maps, I doubt there is an issue with the information being sent to your screen as it is the same for anyone who views the map you are looking at. Maybe an issue with the contrast/brightness/gamma etc calibration of your monitor, however I also doubt that as the elevation of the two larger Pyramids show themselves as clearly as other objects/places/text etc in the same view.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 am » by Drjones

Just to say with regards to Egypt and the pyramids i watched yet another great BBC documentary last night on BBC2 entitled "The Frankinsence Trail" with Kate humble,this was part 3 of 4 and to be honest i've never seen the great pyramid being shown on the tv before with such detail,it was immense,i have a great massive picture of the great pyramid in my living room,gold framed in all,worth a few quid but this was something else,they also go inside to the burial chambers etc,amazing stuff. 8-)
Check it out: :flop: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ail_Egypt/

Writer

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 am » by Mclaren680

Will definitely mark that for viewing! I have a very large resolution display and have a fantastic wallpaper of the Pyramids as we type. A mesmeric scene and one to definitely see for real as soon as possible.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:28 am » by Drjones

mclaren680 wrote:Will definitely mark that for viewing! I have a very large resolution display and have a fantastic wallpaper of the Pyramids as we type. A mesmeric scene and one to definitely see for real as soon as possible.

Watch in HD if you can m8. :sunny:
Just to say i still can't get my head round how the great pyramid was built,Kate says on the show it took 100,000 people 20 years to build?Oh and why were the tunnels so small insdie the great pyramid?...i mean you Kate has to crouch to navigate them?? :headscratch:

I should have done a seperate post on this but being a fabricator myself the absolute precision with which you see the stones inside the pyramids placed and also the sarcophagus,the perfection of it all is truly mind boggling.
Last edited by Drjones on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Writer

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:29 am » by Mclaren680

Once you've gone 1080p or 720p there's no going back :D

And as for the big answers for the big questions on this topic, unless we are guided and educated at some point in the future by any alleged advanced civilisation that may have been the architects, I don't think we will ever advance from either the blinkered mainstream view or the going round in the debating circles we do unfortunately. Let's hope we see in our lifetime some clear cut advancement in our knowledge or revelation/find that demonstrably gives us what we search for.

Master Conspirator

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 am » by Drjones

mclaren680 wrote:Once you've gone 1080p or 720p there's no going back :D

And as for the big answers for the big questions on this topic, unless we are guided and educated at some point in the future by any alleged advanced civilisation that may have been the architects, I don't think we will ever advance from either the blinkered mainstream view or the going round in the debating circles we do unfortunately. Let's hope we see in our lifetime some clear cut advancement in our knowledge or revelation/find that demonstrably gives us what we search for.

Aye m8 i just can't get my head around the mainstream view that the pyramids,the gold treasures inside too were manufactured with manual labour alone.I mean how did the egyptians CUT the rocks to such precise dimensions,i think even with 100,000 men working hard for 20 years you'd still be nowhere near the size of the great pyramid?...To manufacture one extremely large rock,weighing many tons cut it,move it,shape it with whatever tools they had,then move it again and place it safely in the given configuration by the master designer?...My head screams NO WAY....!I've always been fascinated by the pyramids but this documentary has really opened my eyes to how perfectly manufactured they are,they truly appear to be perfect with regard to rock placement,geometry,it's clear to see.I think i need to pay them a visit so i can leave even more confused... :D

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 am » by Aardvaaks

drjones wrote:
mclaren680 wrote:Will definitely mark that for viewing! I have a very large resolution display and have a fantastic wallpaper of the Pyramids as we type. A mesmeric scene and one to definitely see for real as soon as possible.

Watch in HD if you can m8. :sunny:
Just to say i still can't get my head round how the great pyramid was built,Kate says on the show it took 100,000 people 20 years to build?Oh and why were the tunnels so small insdie the great pyramid?...i mean you Kate has to crouch to navigate them?? :headscratch:

I should have done a seperate post on this but being a fabricator myself the absolute precision with which you see the stones inside the pyramids placed and also the sarcophagus,the perfection of it all is truly mind boggling how they managed this baffles my mind anyway.

It was very interesting to watch last nights programme but any concerning the Pyramids, and beleive me if you can actually get to Cairo and see them in the flesh so to speak you wont be disapointed its jaw dropping scenery, drinking in the smells and sounds there to.
I visited the middle pyramid in 2008 The Pyramid of Kafhre and it was claustaphobic going down the tunnels hunched up negotiating a large Italian lady but well worth it to eventually get to the inner burial chamber and granite sarcophogi. Its amazing to consider that these structures have numerous tunnels and chambers within. My lasting memory however is the Great Sphinx Stunning! :flop: :cheers:
If you are going to Egypt to see old Egypt then the best way is by a Nile cruise which is not so expensive as you might think, however to see the pyramids you have to fly up from the Nile, Luxor to Cairo.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Next