The Greatest Speech Ever Made

Writer

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am » by kiwi

Just watch..... I could watch this over and over.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Last edited by kiwi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am » by Slith

Copy after the = sign on the link, click the youtube button above your post and paste between the brackets

:cheers:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 am » by Cia212

Chaplin was a communist who is promoting a one world government in this speech. And notice, he doesn't want soldiers to stop fighting, he just wants them fighting for his cause - worldwide communism. And this is the greatest speech ever made? Hardly. But, I guess, some people hear "kindness", "gentleness" and an "end to greed" and never stop to think how he intends to make that happen. Look at Pol Pot's example.

:hiho:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:01 pm » by Richc

Cia212 wrote:Chaplin was a communist who is promoting a one world government in this speech. And notice, he doesn't want soldiers to stop fighting, he just wants them fighting for his cause - worldwide communism. And this is the greatest speech ever made? Hardly. But, I guess, some people hear "kindness", "gentleness" and an "end to greed" and never stop to think how he intends to make that happen. Look at Pol Pot's example.

If that speech was being read out loud by a teary eyed 10 year old then it probably could be the greatest speech ever.

Thats the problem. The words in it are great and true but depending on who is saying them they can be understood differently.

What was the film this was from.? What was that character.? So in that context was it a great speech or a bad one.? :think:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Writer

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 pm » by kiwi

Last edited by kiwi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Writer

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm » by kiwi

Cia212 wrote:Chaplin was a communist who is promoting a one world government in this speech. And notice, he doesn't want soldiers to stop fighting, he just wants them fighting for his cause - worldwide communism. And this is the greatest speech ever made? Hardly. But, I guess, some people hear "kindness", "gentleness" and an "end to greed" and never stop to think how he intends to make that happen. Look at Pol Pot's example.

sorry but i cant agree with you on that. he wants them to fight for liberty, fight for freedom. stand up against the greedy who rule this world. would a one world government be so bad? if we had a leader who had purest of hearts. a leader who cared for nothing but the people. a leader who would rather starve then let millions of children die of malnutrition. if all of man could live as one and end war would that not be the way. we must rise up against the wicked in order to settle a future of peace. however the wicked in man must first pass....

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 pm » by Tjahzi

truely inspiring clip.

seen many versions of this speech floating on the web & everytime it's still moving.

thanks man :flop:

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:46 pm » by Slith

kiwi wrote:

sorry but i cant agree with you on that. he wants them to fight for liberty, fight for freedom. stand up against the greedy who rule this world. would a one world government be so bad? if we had a leader who had purest of hearts. a leader who cared for nothing but the people. a leader who would rather starve then let millions of children die of malnutrition. if all of man could live as one and end war would that not be the way. we must rise up against the wicked in order to settle a future of peace. however the wicked in man must first pass....

In a perfect idealistic world it would have possibilities......unfortunately, we will never live in such a place

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:53 pm » by Cia212

Richc wrote:

If that speech was being read out loud by a teary eyed 10 year old then it probably could be the greatest speech ever.

Thats the problem. The words in it are great and true but depending on who is saying them they can be understood differently.

What was the film this was from.? What was that character.? So in that context was it a great speech or a bad one.? :think:

RIK

The Great Dictator - he's playing a satirical version of Hitler.

kiwi wrote:sorry but i cant agree with you on that. he wants them to fight for liberty, fight for freedom. stand up against the greedy who rule this world. would a one world government be so bad? if we had a leader who had purest of hearts. a leader who cared for nothing but the people.

All communists talk about liberty and freedom, but it never ends up that way. North Korea, China, Soviet Union, Cuba, etc. Communism is about control, it's the exact opposite of freedom. Or it could be considered freedom from your human rights...being free from freedom itself as Loki said.

And I am the only leader I need...

Are you the girl who's asking for donations on the Youtube page?

Initiate

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 pm » by Arella

kiwi wrote:Just watch..... I could watch this over and over.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Amen :pray:

Next