The Green eyed Monster

Initiate

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 5:15 pm » by Boatman

Throughout my life Jealousy, and envy is an Alien emotion for me. I have never been able to understand what motivates people to succumb to that emotion.
If someone has got something I haven't or is more intelligent than I am I say "Good luck to them or I'm happy for them", it only makes me want to aspire to their level without being burdened by the "Green Eyed Monster".
I have never ever been that incensed by jealousy to slight them or call them or to openly vent my hostility towards them.
The people that suffer, and I say suffer because that's the case from this emotion, seriously need help, but there is more, and more people suffering from that emotion today.
It's all the fault of the media I suppose, where those so called celebrities swanking off with their possessions, and their wealth, and the Sheeple wanting what can never be theirs, it's a shame really.
The "Green Eyed Monster" is more prevalent today than at any time in our history, people are so shallow with their mind set of "Fuck you Jack, I'm all right" or it's "Somebody else's problem".
I have heard people saying out, and about, and my relatives saying they wish they had someone else's possessions or looks, and I can see their eyes turning visibly Green with envy.
I have seen fat women when some good looking girl walks past with a good figure saying " Look at that at that poser, I wouldn't want to look like that", well Wake up call you dumb imbeciles "You don't look like that, and you never will do unless you stop stuffing your fat face".
Anyway you've got my drift.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 pm » by Thruster

Some of my in-laws 'suffer' from this disorder, Tony. As soon as our first son was born they 'turned'. I could'nt understand it at first, then, as the years past by, I began to realise it was nothing more than plain old jealousy. But jealous of what? Well, we as family (my wife, kids and grand son) get on well. We are a loving family who look out for each other. My sons are grown men now, we get together every Sunday for home cooked dinner etc, and they (the in-laws) cannot handle that. Their home life is disfunctional, disorganised, chaotic, even, and that drives them crazy. From time to time they have tried to wreck what we have, cause trouble out of the blue for no real reason. We used to forgive them and try and let by-gones be by-gones, but it starts again and again. So now we keep them at arms length as it's obvious they'll never change the way they are.

Initiate

PostSun Sep 30, 2012 5:36 pm » by Boatman

Thruster wrote:Some of my in-laws 'suffer' from this disorder, Tony. As soon as our first son was born they 'turned'. I could'nt understand it at first, then, as the years past by, I began to realise it was nothing more than plain old jealousy. But jealous of what? Well, we as family (my wife, kids and grand son) get on well. We are a loving family who look out for each other. My sons are grown men now, we get together every Sunday for home cooked dinner etc, and they (the in-laws) cannot handle that. Their home life is disfunctional, disorganised, chaotic, even, and that drives them crazy. From time to time they have tried to wreck what we have, cause trouble out of the blue for no real reason. We used to forgive them and try and let by-gones be by-gones, but it starts again and again. So now we keep them at arms length as it's obvious they'll never change the way they are.

Thruster there comes a time when you have to move on, and think "Bollocks to them".
I am glad you've got a loving family, mine certainly wasn't but in spite of that i have never succumb to the Green Eyed monster. :flop: