The hand that rocks the cradle..............

Initiate
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am
Location: Kissimmee, Florida

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 4:58 am » by Tgwusauk


Women have been in power throughout history, pharoahs, cleopatra, helen of troy, thatcher etc, all of them went to war, courtesy of religion, landgrabs etc, just think if sarah palin becomes president, if she is not talking pants, she is out shooting everything that moves. So, it makes no difference.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 5:14 am » by Constabul


99socks wrote:
constabul wrote:[googlevideo]-8251447278663885234#[/googlevideo]
here is the afore mentioned Doc, can watch if ye like, gives perspective to what i was commenting on.

:)



This entire video misses the point...

I think you've missed the point, too.



Maybe i have missed the point, my comment dealt more then with a comment dealing with christ
constabul wrote:the whole Christ story was an attempt to usurp the matriarchal based societies.< see documentary "The Naked Truth" for further elaboration or bark at a tree if you wanna argue your belief system.. > Which worked fairly well for a while anyway, agree or not. just look at the way the church was run for centuries afterward and pretty much to this day < Catholic > ..
depending on location women have been the unseen hand and the seen hand, but in other places, she has been abused or worse.

In the end, women are just as able of callous, malice, or any the other nasty things we humans do to one another.



anyway, yeah that is my opinion of how i've seen the information available


But some get stuck on religion. verse the underlying point. Being, that women have been a major factor in the decision process of rulers, being them selves rulers, or the unseen guidance behind a closed door.

And for what ever it is worth. the Christ story is another way to show a figure < male> bleeding and not dieing, and usurping the matriarchal belief systems of goddesses, and women as key figures of teaching and worship. hell look at mary the apostle, demonized into a prostitute, which she was vary likely not.

but surely the point i was making is not valid..

my apologizes
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5019
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: England

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 am » by Eliakim


99socks wrote:I don't think we'd be "better" if women ruled the world. Some things we value now of course would get better, but I think there would be trade-offs. Power still corrupts, and putting women in power isn't going to quell the corruption and abuse of power of our patriarchal system. And squashing men and their natural characters isn't going to get us very far in the long run either.

I DO think we'd be better off if we could align our cultures to a more matriarchal way of thinking, which I think has been happening for some time now even though it's been tangled up in the mess to undermine men and families. It shouldn't be about women being artificially empowered and men finding their "feminine" sides. It should be about communication and respect. If we'd learn to employ that one skill and that one value, I think a lot of our problems would diminish over time as cultures re-molded themselves around it.


The most corrupt woman I ever met, ran her own communications business. The most empowering woman I ever worked with was responsible for a health and education project. She was a carer, the hand that rocked the cradle, nurturer.

Science now shows that the nature-nurture argument is over. People are nature, nurture and environment. If the natures of children are not nurtured in a good way, then the environment will have there way with them, and then they and their energy go astray.

Yes, power can corrupt but it can only corrupt those that are corruptible.

Alignment of male and feminine energy is essential, to connect with the heart and be compelled by a heart of conscience. That is what this humanitarian Aquarian Age is all about.

Women burnt their bras, they went to the boardrooms and beat the men hands down, then they decided well actually it is wonderful to be a woman, and enjoy the luxury of staying home with the children and run a business from home. Many women in the UK willingly downsized and in so doing became bigger people for doing so.

Its easy to sit back in the blame game of the system, not so easy to take responsibility for co-creation. Its because people are starting to take their power back that was eroded in childhood that we are witnessing 'emotive social evolution'. As I told people for years when you pull out the cans at the bottom of the pyramid, the pyramid collapses. It all begins at the grass roots of humanity.

Due to experience I agree with the Dalai Lama. Humanity will not survive without COMPASSION and compassion means taking compassionate action to help others. A cause greater than the self is a noble cause.

Only when people are willing to heal themselves do they then become incorruptible. Only when people live in their hearts are people then compelled by a heart of love.

A child that is not touched does not grow as healthy as a child that is touched with love. Scientific fact. Its the same with humanity, humanity as to be touched by love, some will reject it, but that's OK, eventually they will get the message.

The sacred union with the divine is the cure for all ills. It is time for sublime audacity.

As 'thinking' helped humanity in this modern age? Very little.

We are sentient beings for good purpose, so that we can FEEL. Without feeling there is no real communication and respect is a state of being. Once again, people respect others when they respect themselves. Those that do not respect themselves have healing work to do to empower themselves with love.

The darkness dies but love is eternal.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7582
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 am » by 99socks


First of all, religion has nothing to do with this thread BECAUSE of the evolution from matriarchal societies into patriarchal societies.

And yes, I said EVOLUTION.

Our hunter-gatherer ancestors lived in what is believed to be the only true universally democratic times. Hunting and gathering limited self-sustaining groups to a maximum of 12-15 people, ideally only 7-8. It is theorized that true equality existed between the sexes at this time because there was no power structure, no reason for a power structure, and everyone understood how interdependent they were on one another.

Things didn't change until the advent of agriculture and later cities. Before this time, there was no concept of "property", but once the concept of "possessing" land came into being and all the work that that entails from sowing to reaping to protecting... THEN it became critical for men to be assured the paternity of their offspring, because of how the offspring was tied to the land. THIS is where the problems started, and it happened IN CONJUNCTION with the advent of religion. Religion didn't CREATE the problem, PROPERTY did. And there are plenty of examples of cultures that give women certain decision-making duties (more common) and who put women at their head (more rare). But these are still stratified societies, and I doubt any one of us would really agree with other aspects of their cultures.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 am » by Redwoodrick


cornbread714 wrote:
otoel wrote: begging in secret


Freudian slip, Otto? :alien51:


DUDE :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 8:55 pm

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 am » by Redwoodrick


I don't think we'd be "better" if women ruled the world. Some things we value now of course would get better, but I think there would be trade-offs. Power still corrupts, and putting women in power isn't going to quell the corruption and abuse of power of our patriarchal system. And squashing men and their natural characters isn't going to get us very far in the long run either.

I DO think we'd be better off if we could align our cultures to a more matriarchal way of thinking, which I think has been happening for some time now even though it's been tangled up in the mess to undermine men and families. It shouldn't be about women being artificially empowered and men finding their "feminine" sides. It should be about communication and respect. If we'd learn to employ that one skill and that one value, I think a lot of our problems would diminish over time as cultures re-molded themselves around it.


99Socks,I am beginning to really respect your opinions and insights.I think you nailed it right on the head.Very well said :flop:
I have sworn on the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man- Thomas Jefferson

To be honest I'm not even sure what "alien" means. Alien to what? The universe is teeming with life.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 am » by Constabul


99socks wrote:First of all, religion has nothing to do with this thread BECAUSE of the evolution from matriarchal societies into patriarchal societies.

And yes, I said EVOLUTION.

Our hunter-gatherer ancestors lived in what is believed to be the only true universally democratic times. Hunting and gathering limited self-sustaining groups to a maximum of 12-15 people, ideally only 7-8. It is theorized that true equality existed between the sexes at this time because there was no power structure, no reason for a power structure, and everyone understood how interdependent they were on one another.

Things didn't change until the advent of agriculture and later cities. Before this time, there was no concept of "property", but once the concept of "possessing" land came into being and all the work that that entails from sowing to reaping to protecting... THEN it became critical for men to be assured the paternity of their offspring, because of how the offspring was tied to the land. THIS is where the problems started, and it happened IN CONJUNCTION with the advent of religion. Religion didn't CREATE the problem, PROPERTY did. And there are plenty of examples of cultures that give women certain decision-making duties (more common) and who put women at their head (more rare). But these are still stratified societies, and I doubt any one of us would really agree with other aspects of their cultures.


can't say i disagree with anything you said in particular < tho i might argue some the finer points, but that is for another time maybe.>. My use of religious innuendo in my example, was just that, an example, of how men have marginalized the role of women in societies.
In both decision making, and religion/belief systems. which stems from the maternity/ birthing cycle, and the perception of the woman being the major factor in that co relationship < In my opinion>

Maybe it is not the best example, and certainly the video only covers what i was talking about in the first 15 or 20 mins or so, before it just going into religion bashing.. so yeah. bad example, but it is the one i used. I was not attempting to make into a religion thing. Just citing it as a area of subject that women are generally shoo'd from, which to me in a way ties into the subject as a whole.
In the end my opinion is that women can be just as vicious and waring as men, hell maybe even more so, but i do not think the world would be a flowery paradise if under purely women control.

utopia is just a fantasy.
closest thing to it, is good friends and family.
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5019
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: England

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 am » by Eliakim


There always was a power structure socks, even tribes had their own pyramids without property. Remember this that men wrote history. The time of the hunter-gatherer mentality is over.

"the evolution from matriarchal societies into patriarchal societies." You call that evolution?

Its time we came up with new terminology for the societies pre-patriarchal, if in fact, they truly did exist.

Why were women exalted by men? They are more intuitive, they are the nurturers and carers. Their creation centre is closer to their hearts. They were made more intuitive for good purpose due to men being stronger physically. Men are meant to protect the female energy and women are meant to nurture the male energy.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7582
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 6:29 am » by 99socks


eliakim wrote:
"the evolution from matriarchal societies into patriarchal societies." You call that evolution?



Evolution means change... doesn't have to be better. :D
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5019
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: England

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 am » by Eliakim


Evolution means EVOLVING...naturally and organically.

Moving into the male dominated society wasn't natural evolution in my humble view. It was more like an invasion and destruction of all that was natural and divine.


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook