The hand that rocks the cradle..............

Initiate

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 3:39 pm » by Ziggy

From the beginning of time, our history shows that we have always fought each other. War after war. It seems thats all we are destined to do..fight over land,riches, and power.

I have often wondered what the world would be like if woman ruled the world. I mean truly ruled......Do you think we would live in a better place?

I know your first response will be to balk, but think about it. Would we have the wars we do, the poverty, the insanity!

I certainly don,t think we could have done any worse. I'd like to think that our compassion, at least, could put an end to the fighting.

Any thoughts? Remember.......The hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world (we wish!) :cheers:
"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."

Bob Caron...." Don't be afraid to die....it's beautiful!

I'm getting the fuck out of Dodge!! Edit: I am now safely out of Dodge!

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm » by 99socks

I don't think we'd be "better" if women ruled the world. Some things we value now of course would get better, but I think there would be trade-offs. Power still corrupts, and putting women in power isn't going to quell the corruption and abuse of power of our patriarchal system. And squashing men and their natural characters isn't going to get us very far in the long run either.

I DO think we'd be better off if we could align our cultures to a more matriarchal way of thinking, which I think has been happening for some time now even though it's been tangled up in the mess to undermine men and families. It shouldn't be about women being artificially empowered and men finding their "feminine" sides. It should be about communication and respect. If we'd learn to employ that one skill and that one value, I think a lot of our problems would diminish over time as cultures re-molded themselves around it.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm » by Zer0

Women have ruled the world since the very begging in secret..... the decisions of the Rulers were influenced to an extent to what their wife would tell them during the act of making love...

I think?? :?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm » by Toxic32

To the best of my knowledge the world in resent times have three heads of state UK: Thacher, Israel: Golda Meir, India: Indira Gandhi, All of which have taken the country to WAR. :nwo: I would say that was 100% and you want women to rule the world. Most of the time can't make up their mind ( I use that term advisably ) what colour lipstick to put on?
:peep:

Invictus maneo

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 pm » by 99socks

toxic32 wrote:To the best of my knowledge the world in resent times have three heads of state UK: Thacher, Israel: Golda Meir, India: Indira Gandhi, All of which have taken the country to WAR. :nwo: I would say that was 100% and you want women to rule the world. Most of the time can't make up their mind ( I use that term advisably ) what colour lipstick to put on?
:peep:

That's because the same patriarchal system is still in place! As long as that system exists, it won't matter if it's men or women who sit at the seat of power.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 pm » by Ziggy

99socks wrote:I don't think we'd be "better" if women ruled the world. Some things we value now of course would get better, but I think there would be trade-offs. Power still corrupts, and putting women in power isn't going to quell the corruption and abuse of power of our patriarchal system. And squashing men and their natural characters isn't going to get us very far in the long run either.

I DO think we'd be better off if we could align our cultures to a more matriarchal way of thinking, which I think has been happening for some time now even though it's been tangled up in the mess to undermine men and families. It shouldn't be about women being artificially empowered and men finding their "feminine" sides. It should be about communication and respect. If we'd learn to employ that one skill and that one value, I think a lot of our problems would diminish over time as cultures re-molded themselves around it.

You make great points Socks. Don,t get me wrong....we still need the qualities of all humans, I just think men are too ingrained with agression and pride, and are too quick to jump to physically fight. And yes, the system sucks!
But who invented it........who decided? And would men ever allow a total reversal of governance and reason..without a "fight".

Master Conspirator

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 am » by Cornbread714

otoel wrote: begging in secret

Freudian slip, Otto? :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 12:07 am » by Allreadydead

ziggy wrote:
if woman ruled the world.

An interesting question...........I'll ask the wife what I should think............... :mrgreen:

Initiate

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 12:25 am » by Ziggy

:flop: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 am » by Zer0

cornbread714 wrote:
otoel wrote: begging in secret

Freudian slip, Otto? :alien51:

YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD!
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Next