The History of the Devil

Super Moderator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 7:33 pm » by TheDuck

The idea of "God's evil enemy" has been around for thousands of years. Lucifer, Beelzebub, The Beast, Satan... He has been called many names and taken many strange different forms over the ages. So where does the concept of the traditional evil come from?

While early Christian clerics used the Devil as a symbol of heresy, the concept did not begin with the Christian Bible, but rather in ancient Persia some 3500 year ago. Since then, he has acquired horns, a forked tail and innumerable names in all aspects of world culture as well as a central role in the way we think. 'The History of the Devil' looks at how our concept of evil, as symbolized by the Devil, has evolved over the centuries to fit the needs of government, churches, demagogues and opportunists everywhere.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Enjoy :cheers:

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm » by Mozi!!a

it's all then i mean aaaaaaaaall
in your head it's funny really

Thanks for the post duck :flop:

Super Moderator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 pm » by TheDuck

No probs, is it any good? haven't had time to watch yet...

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 pm » by Zer0

Cool thread brah! Docu looks good so far, thanks for linkage!!!
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 10:52 pm » by Icarus1

i am the devil and i can tell you now its all lies , i just got a bad rap n history
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm » by Santaownsyou

Awesome documentary, It shows the progression of the archetype though the ages leading to the current view that is held by many people. It's kind of funny how people that believe they are fighting the devil actually commit acts that most would consider evil, the irony is not lost on me. Day after day, I see threads devoted to satanic this, or the devil that, and all I can do is sit in amazement. How so many people have no idea what they are talking about, their views are nothing but a homogenized fantasy that suits the current needs of their religious ideologues. If you want to see the devil, really see the devil, look into your own heart. The devil is nothing more than people trying to displace the blame for their own negative thoughts and emotions. The devil made me do it.
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is probably just a tool of the conspiracy.

Super Moderator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm » by TheDuck

@No probs Oto my man.

@santaownsyou :cheers: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm » by Santaownsyou

:cheers: to you also my friend.
If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is probably just a tool of the conspiracy.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 01, 2011 11:21 pm » by Iamthatiam

Hoh boy,that's the tip of the iceberg....

Good info though! :flop:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "