The meaning of life on Earth?? Please Read

Writer

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 am » by Bdon1

if youre looking for the the 'meaning of life', id first suggest that you first contemplate the aleternative, non-existance. nothing. if you dont do life, what else is there to do?
forevers a mighty long time and all lifes experience really is the only thing that could have ever been done. perhaps life IS perfect. id offer that if it wasnt, none of this couldve even happened in the first place. maybe to re-define 'perfect' might help you too.
meaning is as individual and diverse as we are.
to find your own, some old chilches might help. listen to your heart, go with your gut and follow your dreams...

Initiate

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 am » by Switchtrip

Ok, maybe appreciate, was the wrong word i was looking for too, and perfect..

yeah bdon1, i think life is perfect some how, even though ive got so many bad things going on, im learning.
theres the old saying "every thing happens for a reason."

Im sure it will make scents eventually.

Well, like i said, i dont know,

thank you people,

please keep them theories coming.
"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am » by lamonema

Conception, is the only perfection mortal man has. Survival of the fittest is the test to and of conception, hence perfection stops at birth, and emerges again at conception. just sayin

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 am » by Constabul

You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:17 am » by Thebluecanary

Good things and bad things, ups and downs, that's just the nature of mortal life I think. Yeah, we appreciate the good all the more because we experience the bad I guess. If you ate your favorite food every single day, would you enjoy it as much as you do when you only have it every once in awhile? Maybe that's simplistic. But the older I get and the more I experience, the more I become convinced that things, even bad things, happen for a reason. Or maybe that we're all here for a reason.

Think about this, though....suppose there is some grand design, some cosmic plan, that each of us plays an integral part in. But no person can know for sure what his or her role is, and not everyone gets to be super important like Gandhi or King or the Dalai Lama. Maybe my sole purpose for existence as a cog in the cosmic mechanism was saving a guy from drowning when I was 19. And maybe I never get to know WHY that was my purpose or to what end it served. Supposing that I was created before I was born to do that one thing, just that, and that was a long time ago and I have a long rest of my life ahead of me, what do I fill it with? Idle pleasures? Boredom? Work? Stuff? Maybe it's the choices we make once we've served our "purpose", whatever it was, that define our souls?

I just try to do good and not evil, love the one's I'm lucky enough to love, and appreciate what I have in a world where many many people have way less. Just my opinion, though, and a rambling one at that.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Writer

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:26 am » by Graci

Not the meaning of life but....I have a theory about the connection/similarity between the universes' creation and conception in human beings. I am fascinated by the moons influence in female menstrual cycles, something that was long ago realized but in this modern hyper-tech, commercialized and materialistic age we seem to forget so readily. I see a parallel between how a comet can 'seed' planets with life the same way sperm attaches to human eggs, both a sperm and comet look similar as does a planet and female egg. Does anyone out there know if this theory has been explored already, if so, give me the names. Other wise I have given you a conversational starter with which to chat up chicks with at the next party....."Hi there, beautiful moon tonight isn't it........"
The culture of mainstream Western society has been dumbed down to a point where children's books and comic books are the main source of inspiration for the motion picture industry.

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:31 am » by lamonema

I am a man that also see the universal all in the same manner, and i am proud of it. Welcome to Dtv. graci

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 am » by lamonema

Initiate

PostTue Nov 30, 2010 6:45 am » by Chris333

constabul wrote:
the meaning of life on earth

Im 42, was 42 last 9th january

Previous