The Most Horrific EVP Ever Recorded

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:02 pm » by Gary19702

The validity of evps are hard to verify from evidence found online, I am by no means an expert, but with some technical background in sound engineering and recording (I am after all a musician) I feel confident enough to discern the fraudulent from the genuine for the most part. ones to watch out for are the evps that seem a little too clear in quality, planted on top of already existing audio, or over processed. much like ghost photos, picking out the duff ones from authentic ones can at times be tricky, often coming down to the person who recorded the evp in the first place and their reputation in the field. that being said, I can't really verify the authenticity of the evp I'm about to post without first getting the raw wav. file and seeing where the audio sits in the sound spectrum. things of this nature are best done by anyone who
a. works in the audio field, recording, sound engineering
b. goes out with both analogue AND digital recording devices on investigations
c. does so in an area with little or no radio\electrical interference or background noise if possible. this is usually why night time investigations yield the most evidence.

with that in mind, here's one that I've come across that gave me pause for thought, it's long, sometimes hard to make out what's being said, it seems to have come from a residual haunting where the event that occured plays over and over, as is most common in hauntings, it is disturbing to be sure and I stress again, I make no claims as to the validity of the recording itself, though to me it does seem genuine enough. Let's see what all of you make of this.
http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostaud ... 101507.htm

and now here's another which I really think is creepy as all hell, but I do have my suspicions about
http://www.ghostvideos.ws/evp-of-a-demo ... a-pig.html
Let's get some feedback on these two, real? fake? has anyone done evp work before and captured something you couldn't explain? I'd love hear anyones take on this topic.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:12 pm » by Pindz

i listened both .. SCARY !.. :nails:

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm » by Gary19702

pindz wrote:i listened both .. SCARY !.. :nails:

the first one, seems more real to my ears, but dammit, that second one give me the friggin willies! real or fake!

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:21 pm » by Pindz

the first one is pretty clear ..... the second one i dont know what to think ... but good stuff, definitely it belongs here :flop:

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm » by Kerrblur2

ive heard the first one months and months ago, its was on dtv or I saw it on youtube before it was removed.

second one is cool as hell! would like to meet that thing sometime. :peep:
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 6:53 pm » by Gary19702

My whole thing is that I live in New England, two towns north of Salem Mass. an area rich in history, and ghosts, I myself have yet to physically see one, there have been times when I felt cold spots or the odd, uneasy feeling, as far as the auditory experiences go, not so much, at least nothing that couldn't be explained away as something else. the reason I posted the two evps was mainly for contrast between what could be taken as real (evp 1) and the possible fake (evp 2) In the next few months I've been invited by an old friend of mine who does regular investigations into these things, so I'm really looking forwards to seeing if I can capture anything that does stand out, just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. I might even post some up if I do find one that's clear enough, same with photos as well, but I won't be putting up orbs or wisps of smoke, that's been done to death and orbs to me just don't cut it, ususally it's just dust, pollen, or small insects. really, at the end of the day, like I said, it's just down to curiosity for me, most of what you find on the web can be explained away, or is just downright bunk, and on t.v. it's no better, shows like paranormal state (sorry, but they're faking 90% of their findings), Ghost adventures and the like are out there primarily for the ratings. when it's done by your own hands and hard work, that's a different story alltogether.Just hope that whatever I do find doesn't follow me home! lol!

Initiate

PostSun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm » by Crunchy

the problem with evp recordings are that the people that do the recordings are using cheap digital recorders ..... they never use quality recorders .... i wonder why ?

check this show out ..... all about communication with the dead
http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/now- ... hen-rorke/

this show is mainly about the spiritcom

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 am » by Gary19702

crunchy wrote:the problem with evp recordings are that the people that do the recordings are using cheap digital recorders ..... they never use quality recorders .... i wonder why ?

check this show out ..... all about communication with the dead
http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/now- ... hen-rorke/

this show is mainly about the spiritcom

well, nowadays it's usually down to economics, as for the cost of the recorder itself, it really has no bearing of the quality of the raw file, it's what's done with it after downloading and what program is used to tear through the different frequencies, if anything attatching a good quality microphone to any digital recorder will increase the quality, if possible. and spiricom is something I'm very familiar with, as well as works with frank's box, which is another form of communication with the deceased. spiricom is one I'm kind of iffy with, a little "too good to be true" and there was some discrepencies with that work that really didn't sit well with me, as far as frank's box goes, I need to check it out more to make a definate decision about the whole thing, scanning through random channells of a radio can produce almost any answer so long as you hear the words your looking for, too sketchy for my tastes. so far the most reliable stuff I've heard came from the simplest of tools, like the old standard tape recorder, and even a simple digital recorder, even a camcorder will at times pick things up that we normally wouldn't hear, because of the lower frequency band the evps appear in. in short the simpler you keep things, the more pronounced the data shows up.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 2:07 am » by Kerrblur2

a good ole analog recorder works great, and you can catch evps anywhere, lol if you draw them to you good enough, maybe even in your house. but lol not always a good thing, never know wut your going to get hah
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/the-smokey-god-audio-book-t86832.html
The autobiography of olaf Jenson and his journey to the inner earth.

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 3:40 am » by Gary19702

kerrblur2 wrote:a good ole analog recorder works great, and you can catch evps anywhere, lol if you draw them to you good enough, maybe even in your house. but lol not always a good thing, never know wut your going to get hah

That's the truth!! I grew up in a 250 year old house, that was creepy enough by itself, there were "things" that happened while I lived there, never ever once saw a ghost, most likely because kmy mind at that point wasn't able to cope with such things and the spirits knew it. and yeah, just a good old fashioned tape recorder works just fine!

Next