THE MYSTERIOUS PUMA PUNKU FOOTAGE

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 am » by Seendem2

wow all that with a lil twine and dirt, i wonder how they got the twine to carve the form into the blocks.... :think:

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 7:52 am » by Wompasdub

hahaha could only be cut with lazers. I love claims like this, it's such crap. Please, please go to college and study history, study physical and cultural anthropology then come here and try and make your outrageous claims. Stone cutting technology has been around an incredible length of time, is done many different ways by many different cultures, and in most cases produces truly impressive results. The fact that someone makes a video that has all these ridiculous claims and tries to pass it off as scientific evidence makes me rage. Stop being so lazy and go to school. please. It will save humanity. If you don't want to or cannot, then please just stick to the burger flipping day job and leave scientific investigation to those who have put in the legitimate years of dedication. lol lasers REALLY?!? *facepalm*

jetxvii

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 10:43 am » by jetxvii

wompasdub wrote:hahaha could only be cut with lazers. I love claims like this, it's such crap. Please, please go to college and study history, study physical and cultural anthropology then come here and try and make your outrageous claims. Stone cutting technology has been around an incredible length of time, is done many different ways by many different cultures, and in most cases produces truly impressive results. The fact that someone makes a video that has all these ridiculous claims and tries to pass it off as scientific evidence makes me rage. Stop being so lazy and go to school. please. It will save humanity. If you don't want to or cannot, then please just stick to the burger flipping day job and leave scientific investigation to those who have put in the legitimate years of dedication. lol lasers REALLY?!? *facepalm*

BLAH BLAH BLAH.... "I know all of these answers!!!" BLAH BLAH BLAH..... " I didn't even explain exactly how they did it, but I sure got some good insults in there." :badair:

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 7:06 pm » by Captchaos

cryptillian wrote:stone is different than wood

cutting a perfectly straight line in stone is the easiest cut to make

when you stretch a piece of string what shape does it make...a perfectly straight line

the ancients used twine mixed with rock dust and water to make these stone cuts.

they did a very very good job. and the time commitment is truly staggering

the statement that only a laser could cut that straight of a line is crap....the author of the video is looking at the building site through modern eyes. in our society (with power tools cutting at a much faster rate) the only way to ensure a straight cut is with lasers.

but to the ancients the twine took care of that worry. it is impossible to bend a piece of twine when it is under tension and placed in a groove

as for the absence of tool marks, wet sanding takes care of that. again it is the time involved that makes it truly staggering..
construction techniques have been declining at an inverse rate to global population growth.

the houses and condos we make today would be considered less than temporary structures in the eyes of the ancients.

they knew angles...although most had a different way of measuring a circle. but they all had the knowledge of how to recreate an angle.

which isnt really that impressive and i offer you this as an example of how common it is for even simple biological machines to recreate angles. imagine what our enormous brains can do with angles...even 15,000 years ago

Agree, but ist the rock at Puma Punka, Diorite, like one of this worlds strongest rock next to Diamond. That would mean that the strings would have to have been dipped in diamond dust to make the cuts.

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm » by Dank1

soooo........ how do you cut granite& dierite( dirite?) they said only diamond would be able to cut that , being its the hardest rock around( next to diamond), how would you get diamond dust for the twine? and what about the holes in the rocks? did they put a diamond on the rock and spin it? I always loved puma punku its a intresting site, can you imagine using diamond dust ona string talk about CUT THE F!@# UP . what about the bleeding lungs and skin you would have from the diamond dust ? you think afta jose died from bleeding lung they would stop construction? what about diamond dust in the eye's and nose ( pretty painful)
have you ever installed insulation with out protective gear( same thing but worse)
these are questions that need answers too( supposidly these guys were your typical loin cloth natives from 18,000 years ago) IS IT POSSIBLE WE KNEW MORE BACK THEN AND GOT DUMBER OVER TIME BECAUSE OF POLITICAL AMBITION AND THE WITH HOLDING OF INFORMATION FROM THE HIGER UPS?????HHMMMM.........
i don't speak dumbfu@k and i don't understand it either!

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 10:01 pm » by Cryptillian

seendem2 wrote:wow all that with a lil twine and dirt, i wonder how they got the twine to carve the form into the blocks.... :think:

diorite cuts diorite........ right guys?

diamond cuts diamond.....am i making sense.

a piece of lead, iron, bronze can and does smash pieces off of the diorite.

water is softer than any stone agreed

the grand canyon was formed by water.

silicate is very common in rocks

silicate cuts diorite

i think that you people are confusing toughness with hardness.....they are two completrely different things.

how do they carve the diorite?
diorite dust, water and a stick..............spin the stick....drill a hole

they have found simple bronze drill bits that were attached to the stick

but sawlty a stick is softer than diorite wouldnt it wear out.......?

i am glad you asked.....yes the stick wears out....but guess what the ancients did when the stick wore out?

they got a new fucking stick :flop:

common guys use your brains
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 pm » by Pindz

@cryptillian

its done with ALIEN TECHNOLOGY.

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 10:25 pm » by Cryptillian

pindz wrote:@cryptillian

its done with ALIEN TECHNOLOGY.

i highly doubt that advanced alien civilizations still use rocks as their primary building technique

using lead staples to hold rock together is hardly advanced technology :flop:

if it was aliens...where are the nano-polymer tubes?

and synthetic crystalline structures?

and the exotic metallic alloys?

and the never been seen before systems of joinery and fasteners?

when we go camping do we just find an abandoned bear den and lay down in it?

you are proposing a similarly illogical idea...right?
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 10:46 pm » by Futuju

How did they cut inner edges like the one the guy points at around 04:00

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 11:16 pm » by Wompasdub

Well I was going to respond but cryptillian did all the work for me. Thanks

If you have heard anything about ancient stone cutting techniques you'll see them using some really simple techniques. For example, drilling a series of holes pounding a piece of metal inside and eventually the force cracks an incredibly clean piece off the entire block.

Diorite is an extremely hard rock, making it difficult to carve and work with. It is so hard that ancient civilizations (such as Ancient Egypt) used diorite balls to work granite. Its hardness, however, also allows it to be worked finely and take a high polish, and to provide a durable finished work. Thus, major works in diorite tend to be important.

It is rare but is found in the Andes

PreviousNext